Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

The Northern Gate

The Northern Gate

This second gate is the direct connection to Valholl. Mainly merchants go trough these gates, but occasionally the Jarl does too. In front of the gate people can leave their horses when visiting the city. There is also a special kind of stable for delivering urgent messages.

7988832109_4984b5749d_z.jpg

Overview

7988840672_989b94fbfb_n.jpg7988840436_98f4ab9a68_n.jpg7988840228_fbf39b39a6_n.jpg

Other sides

7988839934_1e9aac2330_n.jpg7988831831_0922ecd0d8_n.jpg7988831355_7fcc5ac22d_m.jpg

The doors are integrated into the wall!/Acirhon Messenger/Horse guy

More and better photo's:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

You really are pumping those mocs out! And I love them all! This one is no exception! Don´t know if you are the first one with 1x3 arches and cheese slopses inside them but they are so good looking on this gatehouse!

The large doors looks impressive and it´s great that you put some details in them aswell!

The only thing bugging my is the little horse shack on the right. It doesn´t seem to fit in and compared to the rest of the moc it looks like it´s built in haste. But that´s just a small nitpick! I believe you thought it looked empty without it?

I love the stone detailing on this place. The windows look fantastic, but my favorite parts are the studs facing out creating some stone work and then the edges with the two round studs between 1x1 bricks.

Keep up the great work. I knew I didn't have enough time to take part in the Guilds and after seeing all of these great creations, I never would be able to compete.

Glad you guys like it!

The only thing bugging my is the little horse shack on the right. It doesn´t seem to fit in and compared to the rest of the moc it looks like it´s built in haste. But that´s just a small nitpick! I believe you thought it looked empty without it?

I think it's maybe a bit "massive" compared to the gate but I tried to make a Elmymas style horse shack! Maybe I'll replace the roof.

Keep up the great work. I knew I didn't have enough time to take part in the Guilds and after seeing all of these great creations, I never would be able to compete.

Well, sometimes a freebuild would be enough just to join the guilds. It's more about fun(and improving skills) than competing! :wink:

Superb gatehouse! The hoarding on this is just as impressive as that on the tower :thumbup:

The dark bley 1x1 round accents in the corners is a nice touch too :classic:

I really like this gate! And f you changed the color scheme just a tad bit, this could even look at home in Kaliphlin.:wink:

Wow, Eccles. This is really great and the gate's wooden wings are some of the most beautiful doors made in Lego I've seen so far. I also understand the critique on my gate a little better now!