8131442967_770fd929e3_c.jpg

UtapauGriveousArrival-a03-026EB.jpg

UtapauGriveousArrival-a08-047EB.jpg

UtapauGriveousArrival-a09-014EB.jpg

UtapauGriveousArrival-a12-059EB.jpg

UtapauGriveousArrival-a15-040EB.jpg

UtapauGriveousArrival-a20-029EB.jpg

Posted October 16, 2012

The landing platform and additional interior frames to support the previous skeletal frames are essentially done.

Just gotta clear out the background so I can build the whole scene.

8094894290_3bdbca12e4_c.jpg

Posted October 11

This is looking more like an archaelogical dig for the bones of very large vertebrate creatures

to create housing and structures in the sinkhole cities of Utapau.

Next up is the platform to support it and additional interior frames would be needed to prop it up as it is too heavy on its own.

8053855780_13cbe2bd96_o.jpg

Posted September 14

I gotta start somewhere!

7985994516_fe8a51077e_z.jpg

Each segment contains at least 60 pieces and will flex as I've used plates from end to end.

AC

I can recall very few Utapau MOCs. Cannot wait to see what you come out with on this one. :thumbup:

I'd guess this is part of the landing platform on Utapau, there's a 'skeleton' framework above one of them :wink: (page 194 of 'Sculpting a Galaxy)

If so, I'll be very interested to see how it turns out; it looks quite an awkward shape to replicate in Lego!

I'd guess this is part of the landing platform on Utapau, there's a 'skeleton' framework above one of them :wink: (page 194 of 'Sculpting a Galaxy)

If so, I'll be very interested to see how it turns out; it looks quite an awkward shape to replicate in Lego!

It does help if I read the caption :cry_sad:

The Krayt Dragon spine on Tatooine?

It does help if I read the caption :cry_sad:

Don't worry, I'm sure that it will appear in one of the Special Editions of Episode III :laugh:

Grievous? That's my guess at the moment, 'cause that's all I can think of.

Updated with new pics.

AC

This is starting to look really promising ACPIn (and substantial!) :wub:

I'm really pleased that you've decided to do this, I'm sure that you'll do it justice

Are you going to tile the floor/platform?

Can't wait to see it finished.

One more week to go.

Goodness. *oh2* My son is going to go crazy when he sees this completed. The Utapau landing platform is his favorite part of EPIII.

Definitely it will get done by next week so be sure to drop by then.

This is starting to look really promising ACPIn (and substantial!) :wub:

I'm really pleased that you've decided to do this, I'm sure that you'll do it justice

Are you going to tile the floor/platform?

Not as substantial as I would have liked it to be, but the end of the month is the deadline so the main scene will be done.

Tiling of the platform has been done, so the painstaking part of putting the skeletal frame on the supports has begun.

AC

You had something even bigger in mind initially? I'm pretty impressed by the size of the platform and framework as it is! Glad to see the project is getting along so well, can't wait to see more progress pictures! :sweet:

I wasn't going to comment until you finished it, but I can't help myself.

I really loved the giant bone structures in ROTS, they really gave another 'alien' feel to the film, seeing it built now is fantastic. Besides you'll probably end up doing the entire sinkhole, including the core ship :rofl:.

I always love to see your creations, can't wait to see the result!

Where do you get all those bricks? Your stocking place must be huge!

You had something even bigger in mind initially? I'm pretty impressed by the size of the platform and framework as it is! Glad to see the project is getting along so well, can't wait to see more progress pictures! :sweet:

Originally planned to have the rockwork around it so that it looks like it was jutting out of the sinkhole. But with the deadline looming and not much time to build since I'm in training mode for the NY Marathon, the landing platform will have to do for now.

I wasn't going to comment until you finished it, but I can't help myself.

I really loved the giant bone structures in ROTS, they really gave another 'alien' feel to the film, seeing it built now is fantastic. Besides you'll probably end up doing the entire sinkhole, including the core ship :rofl:.

Who knows, maybe I'll revisit it in the future and complete those too!

I always love to see your creations, can't wait to see the result!

Where do you get all those bricks? Your stocking place must be huge!

Just a couple more days and my stockpile is really getting low on tan/dark tan!

AC

You got me really looking forward to seeing this project completed AC! From what i've seen so far i'm confident that it'll be an awe inspiring build even without the rockwork around it. But like you said, you can always revisit the project in the future and add those parts afterwards. :wink:

You got me really looking forward to seeing this project completed AC! From what i've seen so far i'm confident that it'll be an awe inspiring build even without the rockwork around it. But like you said, you can always revisit the project in the future and add those parts afterwards. :wink:

The wait is over and done! Enjoy!

AC