Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

My ONE complaint is that it looks like the Cow Skull only comes with the Mine set. I really hope it's in more sets, and it really needs to be in the cheap army-building sets!

This line needs more Cow Skulls!

And for everyone looking at the bright side of getting multiple Lone Rangers for the hat & torso, don't forget his new guns too! :)

This line is so good, I now want this movie to succeed!!

Oh man, I was banking on these not being good at all. Now I've got an entire additional line to add to my 2013 list. I'm both excited and horrified at the same time, lol. :laugh:

Can anyone tell what kind of tracks those are? The ones in the mine almost look like the "new" indy tracks that were also used in the funhouse set & the alien mother ship...

Lego built a narrow gauge track using this atop standard L-gauge track pieces. I speculated in the Train Tech forum that the set could easily be modified to serve as a tunnel for standard size trains.

WHOA!~

I don't see a single thing I dislike about these sets! Each set has so many figures in it that it's unbelievable! So many cool colours and designs, egad I'm so excited for the return of the wild west I just can't contain myself, thanks for the pictures! I'm gonna spend the next couple hours drooling over the.

The one thing I dislike, and I hope it's a typo, is that the stage coach is 50 dollars! thats way to expensive for that size a set, oh well, everything else looks like a good value!

rant mode on..

Don't worry, it aren't dollars but 50 euros... which in the real world / according to real exchanges rates would convert into 66.5 US$... but recalculated according to TLG exchange rates will probably translate in something around 35/40 US$... and in Belgium into 55 euros, because, as everybody knows, Belgian and Dutch euros don't have the same value as German ones..

rant mode off

These sets realy look great, and I am pleasantly surprised by the ammount of minifigs they all seem to contain. Although I am not realy into western stuff... this might be an opportunity to start with it.. To me they are a lot more tempting than next years SW line up anyway..

Edited by J.V.D.

Love the look of these sets! The mine reminds me of 6761 Bandit's Secret Hideout, one of the sets from my childhood, but this looks even better! The train also looks fantastic. Normally I don't collect licensed sets, but I may have to make an exception or two for these.

Wow! There are some truly gorgeous sets in this theme. Far above what I think were any of our expectations. Speed Racer this theme is not! It looks Amazing. Now I hope the movie is good enough to warrant it getting some real shelf space.

Johnny Depp and Helena now officially have their 2nd LEGO minifigure :grin: It's amazing how movie directors love them acting together. The sets look great, if I had enough money I'd buy all of them! :wub:

Edited by Otherworld

Outside of The Avengers this could be the best Disney themed product to be punched out of the Lego factory.....depending on cash and cost - I'll be trying to buy them all........just don't tell my wife ! :laugh:

Interesting to see the hand guns are new but the rifles are old school 1990's Wild West ones ? :blush:

Thanks for the pictures, these all look fantastic. :wub:

I do now believe that the Lone Ranger's hat is a completely new mold, the brim is lower and smoother than the fedora mold.

My favorite is probably the mine set. I appreciate the different mountain building techniques on exhibition. Very detailed, I love it. :thumbup:

The stagecoach and town square sets are also very nice, so many horses in the stagecoach, great pickup if it is around $40.

Onto the western train, I like it, a lot of detail went into the engine and tender, it doesn't appear to be gear powered like the EN, instead the larger wheels are more for decoration. I wonder if it will come with track and PF? Or if it will even be modifiable to use with PF.

The car with the machine gun, I will probably toss, don't like that very much. The box car is meh. I was hoping for a passenger car and caboose at the least.

But, the rest of the line makes up for it. Overall, I am very pleased with the return of western, and if the film is lousy, the sets are still good and I still like the original Lone Ranger, so these are worth picking up. :sweet:

I have the catalogue now myself and I have to say that these sets are really nice. But the coach is way too expensive.

Edited by PsyKater

The sets look amazing. Even if the movie flops we will still have some great sets. But I don't see the movie or the sets flopping like PoP. The new molds are really neat. I'm excited for a return to western. I will definitely pick up the whole line, but I was planning on that anyway. Now I'm glad SW doesn't Look good next year to save some money. It is a shame about getting so many Lone Rangers and Tontos. I would like more Native Americans for sure. And I'm glad they aren't hideous like the last Indian theme.

I have the catalogue now myself and I have to say that these sets are really nice. But the coach is way too expensive.

Does it have anything else worth mentioning, like the IM3 and MoS sets?

I'm liking the way these sets look, especially the female characters. I hope that carriage isn't $50, that's pretty expensive...

Yeah, this year's Prince of Persia. Not that that's a bad thing. :grin_wub: :grin_wub:

These sets look fantastic.

The only real pass for me is the train, and only because I'm not into trains. There's just so many parts and molds and figures to take in. :moar:

These are fantastic looking sets. :wub: My wallet will be crying in 2013. :cry3: :cry3:

I count three completely different female figs, which is a massive plus. :thumbup: Not to mention there's only one repeat fig other than the Lone Ranger and Tonto (the black hat and dark brown hair bandit, who shows up in the mine and the train.)

The Cavalry Army Builder looks great. I never thought for a second they wouldn't include the Lone Ranger, so I can't be disappointed by that. :laugh: I'm actually quite happy that there aren't any lieutenant or higher ranking figures, and there's just three normal soldiers. The set itself? I can't imagine them doing much better. Would've liked some greenery (or at least dark tannery like in PoP's Desert Ambush :tongue: ) Hopefully there's a harness on that cannon that can be attached to the horse.

Comanche Camp is nice as a parts pack, not as much else. For (what's probably) thirty bucks, I'd've liked to see the girl in the Bandit Hideout here too, at least a horse.

Carriage is interesting. The female's hairpiece looks useless in any setting but Western, and even then it looks rather silly. But three horses and a dark red stagecoach? Yes please. (If that's normal red, though.... :cry_sad: )

Colby City Showdown - yes yes yes. It's like twice the size of Weathertop (I know they're just building facades, but still...) and has useful parts aplenty. Again, a horse or two would've been nice, but nice buildings nonetheless.

Bandit Mine: :drool:. That is all.

Again, I'm no train collector, but I can appreciate how awesome this one is. Great parts and a ton of figs. On another note, I count three to four different factions doing battle on this train. You can't say they're not at least a little original. :laugh:

Can I have recommendations on what to get? Only top 2 though, because I am already getting so much else Lego 2013!

Oh man, I was banking on these not being good at all. Now I've got an entire additional line to add to my 2013 list. I'm both excited and horrified at the same time, lol. :laugh:

Agreed. The movie looks meh at best but the sets...oh, the sets. I mean, a train with a Gatling gun mounted on it? Come on! It would be stupid of me not to buy it, right? Here's hoping the Republic Gunship is crap so I have some more wiggling room in my budget next year.

I like most of the sets but are a bit disappointed that you are going to be stuck with a bunch of Lone Rangers and Tontos if you buy a decent number of them. I get that kiddies may be disappointed if they don't get the heroes to play with but LOTOR surely was a move in the right direction with heroes only appearing in a couple of sets maximum (of course, there were more than a couple of heroes to choose from in LOTOR, but still...).

I think I might skip out on buying the whole line, but I know I am getting multiples of the Cavalry, For a low price, 3 army building figures, the new horse and saddle, and a few palisade bricks? I'd be a fool not to get at least 2-3.

I count three completely different female figs, which is a massive plus. :thumbup:

Are you counting the indian in the Bandit Hideout or am I missing something obvious? While it's impossible to say with certainty without better pics, I presume the indian is male. Btw. only now I notice it's not using the CMF Tribal Hunter hair but a new, similar but more detailed mold.