Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

There was a trailer shown at one of the recent Comic-Cons. It hasn't appeared online yet though. :sceptic:

Is that still in the movie? I remember there being talk about it being insanely expensive, aswell as the being budget cuts or something?

I think that it is. The teaser from comic con supposedly showed the duo looking out over a giant rail-yard or something like that. I'm not sure where I heard it, but it seems like the whole plot might be based around that. They did cut a lot of scenes, but I remember them bragging about how they were able to keep all of the train scenes in tact. There was one infamous axed scene dealing with supernatural, glowing werewolves... Ya, go figure. :wacko:

dear lord! why oh why!!! prices will be huge. I doubt the sets will be that popular, since it's disney (was PoP popular?)

shame... I'm not happy at all

I remember huge PoP sales here that Christmas, with the shelves full of the sets, so it is pretty safe to say that that line was a huge failure for LEGO.

Would always have preferred a non-licensed Western Theme but perhaps this will throw up some interesting new parts. We will at least probably get many more of the new horse mould currently in the LOTR range and increased availability of some of the old western parts as well as any new ones.

Thanks for the news, hopefully we see some good set designs and interesting minifigs/new parts.

TLG sure has it in for me! First Star Wars, then Indiana Jone, X-Men & LoTR, now the Lone Ranger? If they start making James Bond Legos, I'll know it's just a conspiracy to make me go broke!

I loved the Lone Ranger when I was a kid, I just hope that it's not too far fetched in the Disney version. It should be nice to get some updated western pieces either way though!

Thanks for the info! Sounds interesting, and it would be cool to have another Johnny Depp minifig but I think I'll have to pass on the whole theme as there's too many other themes I want to buy.

This sounds like an excellent theme, especially lovers of the Wild West. :wink: I'll be on the lookout for these sets.

Why is he called the Lone Ranger, when he always had Tonto with him?

Because Tonto is from a minority, and he considers that only white people count with regards to whether he is alone or not?

Seriously though, I'm glad they will be fleshies as Indians will no doubt look a bit better with a realistic skin tone ala the Cannibals from PotC vs the classic yellow-skinned Islanders.

Edited by TeufelHund

One of my teachers was an extra when they filmed that.

This looks somewhat promising. Maybe they'll be kind to us and cover up the fleshie torsos with bandanas.

Maybe they'll be kind to us and cover up the fleshie torsos with bandanas.

Funny, I was hoping the same thing for any yellow torsos that may come with the (potential) Modular Western Town set! :classic:

Funny, I was hoping the same thing for any yellow torsos that may come with the (potential) Modular Western Town set! :classic:

I do this with both depending on what theme I am building. I think because it is the West, this is easier to do! So many bandanas and ponchos. Flesh or yellow can be covered up easier this way.

A win-win situation? I think so. :classic:

Been looking all around for pics... Couldn't find any so far... Grrr!!!

Well they werenæt even any in the catalogue ;)

This is very cool, I love to earlier western sets. Even if this is a licensed theme I will pay the $$ to pick these up.

Ralph

Thanks for the info, though when it was rumored to be "Lone Ranger", I was hoping for the western that was on re-runs when I was a kid, but that wouldn't have made sense for Lego. Since I completely missed the western lines that came out years ago, I think I would have preferred a non-licensed version of it, but I will take it. Now, like others have said about the movie, if there are cowboys, aliens, mummies, and crap like that, I don't think I'll be interested, just cowboys vs. indians is fine with me.

This is exciting news! I really enjoyed the old western theme. I expect that we'll get some different colored horses (which would be great). I wonder how this theme will affect the upcoming Cuusoo decision from the summer review?

I would hope not at all since that would totally ruin that dude's hopes. Even so, if I was the LEGO CEO, I would release the set. It will still sell. But you can never tell with LEGO...

I would hope not at all since that would totally ruin that dude's hopes. Even so, if I was the LEGO CEO, I would release the set. It will still sell. But you can never tell with LEGO...

Agreed, I really hope this doesn't deter them from making that set a reality.