Just a little update... Should I start opening them?

So what do you do with them? I don't understand.... Do you not build stuff?

Sorry if I'm being rude or ignorant, but it seems a bit silly to me. Personally, the first thing I do when I get a new set is rip it open and spread all those lovely new pieces on the table. The box gets squashed and put in the recycling bin. Official sets last about a week or two before being dismantled for MOC's. I'd love to see all that Lego in a big pile ready for a good old session!

So what do you do with them? I don't understand.... Do you not build stuff?

Sorry if I'm being rude or ignorant, but it seems a bit silly to me. Personally, the first thing I do when I get a new set is rip it open and spread all those lovely new pieces on the table. The box gets squashed and put in the recycling bin. Official sets last about a week or two before being dismantled for MOC's. I'd love to see all that Lego in a big pile ready for a good old session!

On one hand I agree with you, more than half of my collection is sorted and rdy for mocs, on the other hand,,,

i'm guilty of still having 41999 mint in box stacked in the back of a cupboard.

^^I do build stuffs (Big Ben, 75098, etc.), but it's only my silly thing, that I keep them unboxed, until I find a place, to be it my dedicated Technic cabinet. :blush: Now it's the time to assemble.

Here's a few pics of most of my collection there's a few other bits that aren't technic also but the majority is. Starting to run out of room in my office now though

ED147177-0227-4E4D-A3F3-4A230A5DFFBD_zpszaet0qiw.jpg

6077C98F-C046-453C-83B0-26D4F9CDA43F_zpsm8riplpi.jpg

31D9003C-7571-48EE-B45C-8928E364E0DB_zpsjsdpopp9.jpg

AA112AB3-ED7E-48EB-B7E9-AFF41A87E4FC_zpsixsa7i7e.jpg

You have a great collection of Lego...not just Technic. Very similar to me....i have never seen that tropical fish Lego set before, what set number is that if i can ask you please?

They don't have set numbers as far as I'm aware as they aren't Lego sets as such, the sets are created by brightbricks using genuine Lego bricks, I got mine from www.fishkeeper.co.uk (Maidenhead aquatics) although they will only send out to the U.K. They may be distributed to other countries though but not 100% sure.

Edited by Spanner28

It does and the Porsche really stands out as being massive. Debating one larger set for the gap at the time but can't decide between 8285 or 8110

I look forward to having the space to build and display mine, as you see from above they are mostly in boxes. I like building as a distraction from work but those photos of all the models made up and on display is really great. I did once build them all but my wife was not that impressed ;) oh well. Great pictures. I nearly bought the fish too when they were around.

Edited by TomOOO

Oldest first :wink:. They keep rising in price, used they're more expensive then what I paid (I think I paid 130€) for 8285. It's a great looking and big set, it's probably my favorite.

I do not own 8110, so I can't really say anything.

I prefer the 8285 myself and it does look like. Good size set, with 8110 I sort of like it but it seems to be one of them must have sets even though there's a lot of other sets I prefer more

After some googling around I found the instructions for the Lion Fish and more:

http://reefscape.co.uk/downloads/

Thanks very much, will start ordering bricks for some of these....we used to live up in FNQ Aus and where always out diving on the reef ,brings back great memories. cheers Pete

All the Kingpins in a nice collection...and a speaker! Love the rocks btw.

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

All the Kingpins in a nice collection...and a speaker! Love the rocks btw.

Tnx Jim 

Just now, BusterHaus said:

@curakar Very nice collection! I sometimes wish I had the self restraint to keep my sets assembled. :laugh:

Yes thats a big problem :classic:

@curakar Very nice collection there, I love your MODs.

I almost forget this super topic and I haven't updated my collection (see below) for almost a year but will try to add all the sets I bought since. :sweet:

2 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

@curakar Very nice collection! I sometimes wish I had the self restraint to keep my sets assembled. :laugh:

Same, I try to buy two of sets I would like to display, but there's only so much room one can spare before LEGO kicks you out of the apartament :)

14 hours ago, dtoerien said:

That's a clever use of space - thanks for sharing.

Regards, Darryl 

Thanks. I am a bit limited so need to make the best use of what space I do have.

I have moved quite a few times recently and only just now got a proper work area with lots of room.

I used to buy almost every Technic set every year, however, I've been slacking off quite a bit for the past few years - since 2013 to be exact, with only 3 purchases since then, because of my life

(I was short on money from 2013 and moved to New Zealand 2016 and it's been a wild ride during the past few years).

Anyway, here are some pictures of my collection if you would like to see what kind of accumulation can be acquired over 20 years (I got my first LEGO set in 1998 which was 8482 Cybermaster) 

ppqlAKx.jpg

Here on the left side of the table, we've got all of the essential liftarms and pins

AbsHnBL.jpg

On the right hand side of the table, we've got all of the axles, you could ever want - except 3 and 5 with stop, I really need to get some more...

Ha38B5k.jpg

In the back there are boxes of panels, technic bricks, flexy stuff, various pieces and other essentials.

zNs63KJ.jpg

In front of that is my main parts assortment. Most drawers hold 2 spaces while the bottom three ones are fully occupied by one type.

1M4n4Tq.jpg

ShVTy54.jpg

Next to that are my boxes with gears - gears for going around cornes in one, and gears for going in a straight line in the other.

1Xfm2SM.jpg

In the assortment boxes, I've got black and grey bricks and also various pieces.

nmbWdXc.jpg

v1gVPmy.jpg

iRqHs5b.jpg

My main drawers here contain all of my straight liftarms as well as connectors and crossblocks.

Wq8aBkN.jpg

zlZ2WXD.jpgQrApaUo.jpg

SJVtWIX.jpgWTUntoV.jpg

KlEINXK.jpg0iFGBrw.jpg

9BJaUJi.jpgsbS1iBf.jpg

WQJw1eq.jpgDJ5ksro.jpg

l7TqCgq.jpg1gCefi4.jpg

Here on the floor I've got some yellow pieces that I use once in a while, as well as a bucket of small wheels that I dig through more often than you would think.

I've also got a few big LEGO set boxes filled with bigger wheels stashed away somewhere but I rarely need those which is why they're not under the table.

c3eksnk.jpg

The two boxes under the table contain non-essential LEGO pieces that comes in handy once in a while. Note worthy mentions are:

• Engine parts
  • Bionicle parts
  • Stickers and stickered parts
  • wheel hubs
  • colored bricks
  • shovels
  • other colors of LEGO like orange, blue and green
  • Older style panels
  • Spare pins and old grey parts

lYKUyYF.jpg

That's basically it, I've got so much that I can build anything I want - at least that's what I tell my self. Realistically, I haven't even finished one MOC for like 10 years.

But I try and that's the important part.

Right now I'm building something that attaches to a tractor, and it's almost done. You won't see it however until I've build the tractor too.

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

9 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

Next to that are my boxes with gears - gears for going around cornes in one, and gears for going in a straight line in the other.

You mean bevel and spur, that is what they usually are called.

Envy your workspace!