CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Kinda bummed honestly. I was hoping for more of a space meets city, where all of space is wrapped up into one neat little society.

70700 Galaxy Squad: Weltraum-Käfer / Space Swarmer

70701 Galaxy Squad: Abwehr-Jet / Swarm Interceptor

70702 Galaxy Squad: Weltraum-Moskito / Warp Stinger

70703 Galaxy Squad: Space Mantis (Exclusive)

70704 Galaxy Squad: Robo-Spezialbuggy / Vermin Vaporizer

70705 Galaxy Squad: Komando Shuttle / Bug Obliterator

So... Galaxy Squad is Insectoids? *huh* Or is it just Space Marines VS. Insectoids? That seems random. It's almost like a direct sequel to Alien Conquest, but set a couple hundred years in the future.

As always, I'll withhold final judgement until I see pictures. But this is surprising news, and not necessarily the best I've heard all day.

Insectoids? They were cool, but who will be the other faction?

I mean, I'd honestly be suprised if there wasn't another faction.

Disregard this. I am unsure if that set listing means two vehicles per set, or just two translations.

Edited by Walter

The interesting one is 70705.....Commando Shuttle it should read right ? :wink: (Sounds space marine style to me) :grin:

People vs. insects eh ?

Perhaps this theme is a kid friendly version of.....

I just watched ST3 last night! The English set names leave us in no doubt about the Federation's view on peace! Interesting that the German names are so much less aggressive. Very excited by these, neo-insectoids could bring some sweet minifigs! I have had a giant space mantis MOC on my mind for a few months, I don't think my idea will fit in $30 though :laugh: I wonder what the colours will be? The ideas make me think of ninjago season 2 - hope they are Mark Stafford's!

:classic:

Edited by robuko

The list sounds interesting! I hope the "good guys" are either A) similar to the CMF Astronaunt, or 2) similar to the CMF Space Marine looking guy! I think either of those would be pretty sweet to see :classic: I wouldn't be surprised to see one or the other seeing as CMF's had so many Monster Fighters characters just in different colors or clothes.

The interesting one is 70705.....Commando Shuttle it should read right ? :wink: (Sounds space marine style to me) :grin:

I think you're right, and let's all hope it's as good as the Galactic Enforcer! :grin:

Insect related!

Sounds great!

But Galaxy Enforcers? Kinda forceful isn't it :look:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how LEGO manages to pitch the Marines as the good guys. If this theme is indeed Marines VS Insectoids 2, how the bloody hell do the Marines get off killing aliens on their own turf. Mars Mission was a stretch, but I have no idea how this is gonna fly.

The set names sound indeed like some kind of Space Marines vs. Insectoid race. That doesn't match with the info that it would be a childish, colorful "agents in space" line. I wonder who is right. The set names sound great. I absolutely hate Starship troopers but I'm sure Legos line will be much better and more kid friendly.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how LEGO manages to pitch the Marines as the good guys. If this theme is indeed Marines VS Insectoids 2, how the bloody hell do the Marines get off killing aliens on their own turf. Mars Mission was a stretch, but I have no idea how this is gonna fly.

Well, obviously the Insectoids are invading the galaxy. That would explain the Space Marines slaughtering them like animals. Conversely, they could go the whole Ender's Game route and state that humans killing the buggers is the only way for us to communicate with them. :laugh:

I'm actually quite surprised by the names. They all sound like they refer to ships or vehicles belonging to the Insectoids. :wacko:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Let's just say that after hearing the Insectoids rumors confirmed, I built three MOCs within thirty minutes. That's another way of saying that I am excited. I'm hoping I'll see some prototypes at LEGOWorld.

I wonder how similar this theme will be to Insectoids. Do we have any confirmation that it is in fact Insectoid-like other than the set names?

We may get a couple small references to the classic theme, but I am very interested in seeing how different/similar this theme will be overall. :oh:

Edited by Walter

Just from looking at the German and English names, I'd say that 0, 2 and 3 will be insects, while 1, 4 and 5 will be the human exterminators. And it looks as if 0,1,2 and probably 5 will fly, while 4 will be a ground vehicle, and 3 might be a ground-based insect with some jumping mechanism (working or fake).

Like I said, just speculation based on the names.

I signed up just to post in this thread, nice forum everybody :)

Edited by lazylegoist

Well, obviously the Insectoids are invading the galaxy. That would explain the Space Marines slaughtering them like animals. Conversely, they could go the whole Ender's Game route and state that humans killing the buggers is the only way for us to communicate with them. :laugh:

I'm actually quite surprised by the names. They all sound like they refer to ships or vehicles belonging to the Insectoids. :wacko:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Maybe the insectoids are actually the good guys? and when they touched down they where all "We come in peace! We really do!" but all the close-minded humans went :sick: and decided to anhilate the bugs because of their homely appearance? :laugh: I don't care what the fluff-team says, I think that'll be the story, no matter what for me!

The Space Swarmer sounds like the big bugger of the line. The simple name Space Mantis really bugs me too.

Sorry, I just had to make those jokes.

Edited by DraikNova

My projections based on this list:

70700: Alien vehicle at lowest price point, likely to include a Space Marine minifigure to do battle with.

70701: I'm guessing this one is a Marine stunt fighter, since the German name uses the word "jet". I'm guessing a $15-20 price point. Could be cool.

70702: Definitely an alien vehicle, and although it may be a stretch with so little information, I'm guessing it will be similar in spirit to this. Note the word "Moskito" in the German name. I'm expecting a $20-30 price point with a small, throwaway Marine vehicle and a large alien flier.

70703: This one is anyone's guess. Could be a ground or air vehicle. Let's just hope it's a Target exclusive and not TRU. :sick:

70704: I'm convinced this one is a Mech. The German name is "Robo Specialbuggy" which seems to imply a walker of sorts. Also, it's clearly a human vessel, since it vaporizes vermin. Space marine mechs? Heck yes!

70705: I'm equally convinced that this one is going to be the theme's large capital ship, intended to stand toe-to-toe with the Space capital ships of old. Obviously, I am PSYCHED to see this one! I'm expecting a $99.99 price point with a smallish throwaway Alien vehicle and a gigantic Marine "commando shuttle". This has a lot of potential to kick megablocks - I'm excited.

I'm wondering what the color scheme will be. I hope the Marines are red like that Cuusoo project.

Maybe the insectoids are actually the good guys? and when they touched down they where all "We come in peace! We really do!" but all the close-minded humans went :sick: and decided to anhilate the bugs because of their homely appearance? :laugh: I don't care what the fluff-team says, I think that'll be the story, no matter what for me!

I could say the same for MM. :tongue:

insectoids... hm... sounds interesting, even though i never was a HUGE fan of the theme, i'm glad it's not going to be yet another "space police".

we'll see

My projections based on this list:

70700: Alien vehicle at lowest price point, likely to include a Space Marine minifigure to do battle with.

70702: Definitely an alien vehicle, and although it may be a stretch with so little information, I'm guessing it will be similar in spirit to this. Note the word "Moskito" in the German name. I'm expecting a $20-30 price point with a small, throwaway Marine vehicle and a large alien flier.

70705: I'm equally convinced that this one is going to be the theme's large capital ship, intended to stand toe-to-toe with the Space capital ships of old. Obviously, I am PSYCHED to see this one! I'm expecting a $99.99 price point with a smallish throwaway Alien vehicle and a gigantic Marine "commando shuttle". This has a lot of potential to kick megablocks - I'm excited.

Honestly, I think 70700 is a large Insectoid vehicle, around 60 euros, but I too immediately thought of the Sonic Stinger when I heard the name of set 70702. If it is like that, I will be thrilled. About 70705, I'm reserving judgement. It could be either a 20, a 40 or a 80-100 euro set. Oh well, I guess we will have to wait for the pictures before we know for certain.

Anyway, I'm hoping the Insectoids keep the old colorscheme. Probably not, but if they do, I will definitely use my old Insectoids sets to augument them. Also, I hope they will have a gimmick similar to the magnet-crystal one in the original sets. And of course, there's the required giant light-up and sound-producing laser-barrel-stinger-thing.

Edited by DraikNova

70704: I'm convinced this one is a Mech. The German name is "Robo Specialbuggy" which seems to imply a walker of sorts.

Based on the word "buggy" I'd expect it to have wheels, but time will tell...

Honestly, I think 70700 is a large Insectoid vehicle, around 60 euros, but I too immediately thought of the Sonic Stinger when I heard the name of set 70702. If it is like that, I will be thrilled. About 70705, I'm reserving judgement. It could be either a 20, a 40 or a 80-100 euro set. Oh well, I guess we will have to wait for the pictures before we know for certain.

The projected prices have been posted here before, by the same member who posted the set names (nrg):

70700 Galaxy Squad: 9,99 Euro

70701 Galaxy Squad: 19,99

70702 Galaxy Squad: 29,99

70703 Galaxy Squad: 39,99

70704 Galaxy Squad: 49,99

70705 Galaxy Squad: 69,99

Edited by lazylegoist

The projected prices have been posted here before, by the same member who posted the set names (nrg):

70700 Galaxy Squad: 9,99 Euro

70701 Galaxy Squad: 19,99

70702 Galaxy Squad: 29,99

70703 Galaxy Squad: 39,99

70704 Galaxy Squad: 49,99

70705 Galaxy Squad: 69,99

Oops.