CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

It's easier to spot looking at the original image. The purple cocoon has something extending from it, pointing forwards and slightly to the right of the figure. Possibly a dragonfly alien tail. Below that is a large greenish head that has big black compound eyes. below the eyes is a dark triangle shape where the mouth is. his arm is black and his torso has a grey look. on his left shoulder you can see the trans green wing against the lime green/trans neon yellow wing parts of the vehicle. His legs are hidden by the back end of the lime green/trans neon yellow angled wedge that forms the vehicle nose.

In the pics Dannylonglegs posted, where he says 'this is the torso' he's actually highlighted the head.

The problem I find with that theory is that it would place the mini-figure too far into the ship. It also doesn't explain the very blaster-like shape appearing right above the "head" (also, it would make the head like two-studs wide, which is pretty wide--especially for a "dragonfly."

I've outlined what I think I see. His head looks a little bit like one if the snake heads from Ninjago (for visualization's sake) It has lightly coloured pedipalps/mandibles and 2 black eyes.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Danny-longlegs/Dragonfly/picture1.png in http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Danny-longlegs/Dragonfly/ia3.jpg

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Ricecracker
Removed confidential image

Well, now I'm just confused. I can't even spot what I thought was the real head.

Edited by DraikNova

You're forgetting that the figure is sitting in a cockpit so he's not too far into the ship he's sitting one or two plates lower than the front wedge. and for a wide insect head the proportions of what I say is the head are about right. The mosquito alien's head is two studs wide so why wouldn't the dragonfly alien's be two studs wide? Whatever it is you say is the head seems to be the wide end of a tail poking up behind the head and wings.

Anway, I'm not going to argue. We shall see when better images emerge. I'm going to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Cropping and drawing on a confidential image does NOT make it OK to post. Stop posting confidential pictures!

Sorry, thanks for removing them all for me. :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I haven't really been following this topic, but I saw a couple Galaxy Squad sets at a TRU Express today, and they're looking pretty cool!

Edited by The Legonater

I haven't really been following this topic, but I saw a couple Galaxy Squad sets at a TRU Express today,a dn they're looking pretty cool!

WOAH WOAH WOAH you can't just walk off the hook like that! :tongue:

Give us some more details on the looks! And next time take some pictures! All we got are some confidential ones. :grin:

WOAH WOAH WOAH you can't just walk off the hook like that! :tongue:

Give us some more details on the looks! And next time take some pictures! All we got are some confidential ones. :grin:

I don't remember a whole lot about them as the store also had Hobbit sets in early and I was busier looking at those, but I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow. At least one of the aliens on the boxes I saw didn't seem to be in any of the pics released- it looked vaguely like the red one, but I'm pretty sure it was slightly different, and a different colour, I think grey.

I don't remember a whole lot about them as the store also had Hobbit sets in early and I was busier looking at those, but I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow. At least one of the aliens on the boxes I saw didn't seem to be in any of the pics released- it looked vaguely like the red one, but I'm pretty sure it was slightly different, and a different colour, I think grey.

What colour is the alien in the smallest one? The beetle? This is so exciting! I'm surprised they're out this early. Which set did the gray one come in?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I'm more interested in what the humans look like as we don't have a clear idea on what they will look like :classic:

... does this sound extremely far-fetched to anyone else? This theme is supposedly launching in March. We don't even have any official photos yet, the idea of them popping up in stores is pretty outlandish.

... does this sound extremely far-fetched to anyone else? This theme is supposedly launching in March. We don't even have any official photos yet, the idea of them popping up in stores is pretty outlandish.

I agree, it's weird. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but I don't think the Legonator would make this kind of thing up. :sceptic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

If he was a noob like me, I'd say "Definitely far-fetched"... but the guy's been around here a few years. Benefit of the doubt?

Those "YourCreativeFriends" people (or dad and daughter) have the Mosquito:

I really hope those wings change color.

Edited by ZCerberus
Removed picture from Quote.

Those "YourCreativeFriends" people (or dad and daughter) have the Mosquito:

EDIT: Hah, didn't know it'd convert to a slideshow. Neat.

-Sci

Nice! I'm digging the side view! The head does seem a little front-heavy though, but not too badly.

I'm sure they won''t change the colour of the wings. The fig we're seeing probably came from a final set or stolen from the assembly line. I'm not a huge fan of it myself, but it's alright for what it is. trans-black would have been nice, but that would be too similar to "The Beetle" from Spiderman.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

It does indeed. However, this definitely wouldn't be the first botched release of sets. I don't remember specifics, but someone bought 10228 Haunted House before it was supposed to be available. I also believe he bought it at a LEGO Brand store.

I really hope those wings change color.

Or maybe have different colors according to rank - foot soldier green, middle officer yellow, high officer red...

Still I do not get it, how the hell they got all the figs from incoming sets?

I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. We may not have gotten official pics yet but Lego have done a great job containing leaks with this wave of releases, and if the figures are popping up, maybe they're doing small releases as a test run or something before the full on release? Or maybe I'm just hoping it's being released now so we can get pictures :grin:

I´ll give him the benefit of the doubt, and congratulations for telling us. It wouldn´t be the first time some stores got the next-year sets early and put them on shelves.

From that slideshow I like the mosquito alien even more. Really really awesome!

Or maybe have different colors according to rank - foot soldier green, middle officer yellow, high officer red...

Still I do not get it, how the hell they got all the figs from incoming sets?

Well, judging by the blurry picture that we've seen of the biggest set, I think that all of the aliens with wings have the same coloured wings.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

These could have been leaked in three ways:

1. Direct leaks from factories
  2. Sets ordered by stores are opened by friends of the owners
  3. People manage to buy them the same way stores do.

The same happened with Legends of Chima, but Chima appears to be gearing up for release already. I still want some kind of proof that these have been sighted in stores...