Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Dragon

Funny/embarrassing moments

I'm sure many of us have had funny or embarrassing moments in the past. When I was 18, my brother, dad, and I went to Disneyland. Just as we arrived, my brother (3 years old) said he had to go use the restroom. But he ran into the women's restroom! Since my mom wasn't there, we had to ask a nice lady to get him. But she came out with the wrong kid! She went in there again, and while she was in there, people stared us like we were crazy (after all, we were kind of blocking the doorway of the women's restroom) the nice lady finally came out with my brother, and we all laughed (except of my brother, who was mad because a girl touched him and gave him "cooties")

What are you funny moments? I'm sure we've all been in these sort of situations (mine wasn't too funny thugh)

(Mods, sorry if this has been made already. I looked back a LOT of pages, and saw nothing like this one)

Edited by Lightning Dragon

Great idea for a topic :thumbup:

When I was around 10 years old I took recorder. At the recital while others were playing their pieces I decided to practice my song just not blow. So I had the recorder in my mouth and was moving my fingers for the correct notes when I accidentally breathed through it making a nice loud screech :blush: I put it down real fast and looked at my brother who also played the recorder as if he'd done it. Don't think I fooled anyone though :laugh:

Oh wow, do I have some good ones. When I was in 7th grade I got a metal washer stuck on my finger during class. Because of that, I ended up spending an hour in the nurse's office while she tried to use grease to remove it. That didn't work so my mother came and got me and took me to the fire station, thinking they had a saw to remove it. The firemen, however, were not there so my mother and I went to the emergency room to get it off where they used a ring saw to remove it, after using local anesthesia to numb my hand. I almost lost my left ring finger that day, so I could have ended up being called "Jeff of the Nine Fingers".

For another fail, one summer my dad took me to work with him so I could work in retail. So one day I found a button, similar in appearance to a doorbell. I asked my coworkers several times what it did, but none of them responded. So I pushed it. Nothing happened, so I pushed it again. Same response, so I got bored and went somewhere else. About twenty minutes later, an armed police officer showed up. Turns out I had pressed the "hold-up" (as in an armed robbery) button. The company lost 100$ that day, and my dad ceased bringing me to work with him.

I'll share some more as I remember them.

A while back I wanted to get the thirties version of King Kong (this was before the days of ordering off the internet).

I went to the local WH Smiths and asked the lady behind the counter if they had it.

She replied that they didn't but they could order it for me and it would get there in about a week.

She took all my details and I left the shop.

Days went by and I got more and more excited by the arrival of my film.

After a week I went back, only to find they were very busy that day, I had to queue for quite a while.

Eventually I got to the desk and said, "Hello, I ordered a film a while back, I wonder if it's come in yet?"

"Can I have the name please?"

"King Kong!" I exclaimed with much enthusiasm.

"Er, no... YOUR name please."

I turned round to see everyone in the queue behind me (and there were a LOT of them) break into laughter.

I've never paid for anything so quickly.

But he ran into the women's restroom!

I did that by accident down in New Orleans during a long night of... well it's Bourbon St. I scared some women have to death walking out default_blush.gifdefault_laugh_new.gif

Even someone as prefect as I.....(what a load of BS you might say :laugh: ) make mistakes or boo-boo's.

One night having dinner in a crowded hotel with my wife and I asked her this question.....

"Is there potato in potato salad ?"

I felt an instant low of having my own blonde-moment ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

Okay, well this just happened Tuesday, but anyways...

I was in Spanish class, and we had to do this dialogue with a partner...

So as I was presenting, I glances quickly down at the script that said ?como te llamas? (what us your name)

And instead, I said " ?Como te lamas? (like the animal lama) on accident...

And the whole class and teacher cracked up. Then I corrected myself, and ended up getting an A on the assignment!

Beat this one for embarrassing and painful and it happened this year. I was drilling some holes for a new desk and slipped with the drill and it ended up embeded into my never regions, then the paramedic happened to be a pretty female who had the task of cutting my jeans and boxer shorts away to see the extent of the damage.

I ended with stitches and a very painful lower region for a while, it could have been worse they told me as the jeans slowed the drill piece down and reduced the damage done. :blush:

Not as bad as some of the ones here, but still a bit of a "D'oh!" moment:

I was ordering a salad at Subway. I was on to the vegetables stage, and the employee asks "Which vegetables would you like on your salad, sir?". My first, immediate, response: "Oh, how 'bout some lettuce."

:facepalm:

Edited by purpleparadox

I have another one. When I was in 5th grade, I thought I'd forgotten my homework at home and started panicking (like, really really panicking). However, I already turned it in the day before :grin:

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I did the classic "walking into the women's bathroom" mistake once.

Not fun, although I'm glad I can laugh about it now. :blush:

Literally 10 minutes ago in work. Girl walked past and I noticed her top and shirt etc all tucked into her pants (Wearing skirt), pointed this out to her so she wouldn't get caught doing it and said I was being kind doing so, then realised everyone else I the office could and had heard me... doh. Mission failed. :sceptic:

One of my friends went in a night club with me and other people we knew. He drank a little too much and felt unconscious behind our wall seat, and nobody noticed it. I thought he had left in car with someone else. In fact, he awoke in the morning, around 7 AM, alone in the night club, no music, no other light than the sun. He took his mobile phone and called his parents, but when walking alone on the closed night club he activated the silent alarm. The night club owner, living in the house in front of his night club, believed he was a robber and arrived with a gun and shouted at him to lay down to the ground. My friend was totally terrified and had to explain everything to an overexcited night club owner. A very unpleasant moment for him ! :laugh:

My personnal worst moment happened when I saw one of my friends discussing with two other guys in the middle of the street. I went and saluted him, and tried to shake hands to one of the guy he was talking to. The guy just looked at me as if I was a martian and said "It's the police. You're a friend of this guy ? Show me your papers please."

Of course they were policemen wearing civilian clothes and my friend was accused of stealing a motorbike :cry_sad: (What was not true in fact, after investigation)

I remember walking into a womens toilet whe I was young, problem is I didn't know it was a womens toilet until I left, and I didn't go into a cubicle, so what trough did I piss in?????? :laugh:

Whilst working for a major company they had one of those massive blimps the size of an 18 wheeler to advertise it's whereabouts which I happened to crash into the roof of the factory!

Shortly afetrwards I noticed a piece of equipment on top of a full bin in the workshop, and so I emptied the bin and smashed the piece of equipment into a billion pieces in the process which inevitably lead to my boss later asking me "have you seen it, i've spent all day putting it back together." To which I replied "um, nooooooooo. Oh, btw, i've emptied the bins like you told me to!" then walked off :laugh:

Just remembered another one: when I was about 13 years old (or maybe a little older) I went with my mom to a shopping center to get some new clothes. There was a little boy (about 6 or 7) begging his mom (who was carrying the boy's baby brother) to tell him how babies are made. His mom wouldn't answer, so he turned around and asked me. I think I told him special parts come together to form a baby, and it can only happen when a mommy and a daddy love each other or someting like that :look:

That was totally unexpected :laugh: