Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Does anyone notice that picture showing a blue car being worked on......a male head/hair on a female torso ? :wacko:

Oh, and I downloaded another two sets of instructions last night......I wonder how much net time I have left ? :laugh:

Does anyone notice that picture showing a blue car being worked on......a male head/hair on a female torso ? :wacko:

Yeah, I noticed that too-- that's the News Reporter's torso from the Alien Conquest Mothership set. Looks like the crossdressing guy even stole her ID badge!!

Oh, and I downloaded another two sets of instructions last night......I wonder how much net time I have left ? :laugh:

Could just be an androgynous-looking dude... really without lipstick, there's no way to know for sure whether a fig with sunglasses is female. Back in Res-Q, the character who was identified as the main character in LEGO Magazines was female, but used the generic black-sunglasses face and a generic Res-Q torso.

Could just be an androgynous-looking dude... really without lipstick, there's no way to know for sure whether a fig with sunglasses is female. Back in Res-Q, the character who was identified as the main character in LEGO Magazines was female, but used the generic black-sunglasses face and a generic Res-Q torso.

But the hair piece is very male though ? :wacko:

Anyway, this is scooting off topic here so back on course now.

Interesting to see that two sets from this year continue next year....why those ones who knows ? :blush:

All the police in that first picture reminds me of 1984...Big Brother like society.

Man that is one city under siege, no civilians allowed outside after 22.00 hours. And a big radioscope on the headquarters to listining in on your living room.

But hey, you got fancy 6wide vehicles and that's all that boys want! :devil:

But the hair piece is very male though ? :wacko:

I've seen a lot of girls with short hair like that. I even used that hair piece on a sigfig for a friend of mine that I made for her birthday last year. Now, girls with short hair like that often still need to deal with all sorts of stereotypes (since short hair like that is sadly still associated with lesbianism in some circles), but it's still considered socially acceptable most of the time.

And then we have this little shot of the blue collar life in the City:

345xv7b.jpg

At first I got really intrigued by the little garage to the left... but the structure itself seems much to mundane to be a new release. Still, I thought it was quite odd that they have printed stickers, etc. just for a promo display:

Anyone else notice that the figure on the red bike appears to be female, good job to LEGO for adding females in different places

I love that Lego is finally giving us actual included locations for emergencies. But why are they all boarded up? Is Lego city in fact Detroit? Where half the city is an abandoned post apocalyptic wasteland, and the other half is a crime ridden hell patrolled by robo cop?

Actually thinking on it, that would be a pretty cool theme. I'm in!

I love that Lego is finally giving us actual included locations for emergencies. But why are they all boarded up? Is Lego city in fact Detroit? Where half the city is an abandoned post apocalyptic wasteland, and the other half is a crime ridden hell patrolled by robo cop?

Actually thinking on it, that would be a pretty cool theme. I'm in!

The building in the Fire Emergency set is probably condemned. As for why, probably either because a) derelict buildings like that can be more of a fire hazard than others since they are not maintained or kept up to fire safety codes, or b) because they were afraid that showing a house with people living in it on fire would be too scary for kids, particularly if they had experienced or been close to someone who had experienced a house fire.

The building in the set with the police helicopter is boarded up because that's the kind of place where shady no-gooders congregate. :devil:

The parts on the garage from that "great vehicles" display are from one of the LEGO games so they aren't "new for this promo display"

The parts on the garage from that "great vehicles" display are from one of the LEGO games so they aren't "new for this promo display"

Ah, could be hint to the future eh ? :wink:

Look at the white building with red roof and grey basement in the background. It fist very nicely with what I heard would be one of 2h2013 Creator sets (large white/ multi storey house with lots of windows). I just hope that colour is not final, because I'm bored of white/red houses.

I was looking at the Lego club magazine yesterday and the advertisement for the Chase McCain video game has the helicopter arrest set hidden in shadows but still plainly visible. I wonder how many more hints are out there we have not seen yet.

Also when comparing the 6394 metro park and service tower and the 4207 city garage I noticed in 1988 they released a bank, parking garage and vacation camper. Fast forward to 2012 and we got a bank and money transfer, city garage and a car and caravan.

It’s probably just a coincidence but still interesting

Bill

Also when comparing the 6394 metro park and service tower and the 4207 city garage I noticed in 1988 they released a bank, parking garage and vacation camper. Fast forward to 2012 and we got a bank and money transfer, city garage and a car and caravan.

It’s probably just a coincidence but still interesting

Bill

The bank and money transport set was last year (2011).....but I guess close enough eh ? :laugh:

Look at the white building with red roof and grey basement in the background. It fist very nicely with what I heard would be one of 2h2013 Creator sets (large white/ multi storey house with lots of windows). I just hope that colour is not final, because I'm bored of white/red houses.

I'm with you on that. The house itself is cool, bit that color scheme needs to go.

Looks like set 4473 only hope for Production in 2013 is as the "Airline Promotional Set" as with 6 Helicopters and two planes in 2013 there is not much space for another Heli set. With two confirmed Police Helicopters it is a long shot that 4473 is a definate as well; unless it is a preliminary image of 60009 but it is more likely that 60009 is a 6 wide Heli as per previous picture.....is 4473 then another CITY set that Never Was joining the ranks of 4934, 4933,4897,5642 & 30016 that seem to have never been produced!?!? Bring on Summer 2013......

The instruction of 4473 has been uploaded in LEGO.com

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6012602.pdf

and the box image of 4473 is found as well

4473.jpg

Although it should belong to 2012 set,

it seems to be a 2013 airline promotional set according to the box size as well as it is a flight vehicle.

Yesterday I posted new parts. Was that interesting? Then I will recover it tonight.

Yesterday I posted new parts. Was that interesting? Then I will recover it tonight.

I found it interesting and would like to see the post again, as I only remember what one of the new parts was. Definitely worth reposting.

I try to start now. Pictures and more infos will follow.

New parts in 60018 Cement Mixer

Part 11458 (PLADE 1X2 M. VAN. HUL Ø 4,8) seems to be completely new. It is a plate 1x2 with a technic hole instead of one of the studs. There are 2 of these in 60018 in Dark Bluish Grey.

Part 11211 (BRICK 1X2 W. 2 KNOBS) seems to be new in light bluish grey.

Part 98280 (WALL 1X6X3 W. STUDS) seems to be new in bright yellow. It is the same panel that is used for the Dumper Truck and is listed at LDD as train part.

Edited by PsyKater

The instruction of 4473 has been uploaded in LEGO.com

http://cache.lego.co...ons/6012602.pdf

and the box image of 4473 is found as well

Although it should belong to 2012 set,

it seems to be a 2013 airline promotional set according to the box size as well as it is a flight vehicle.

Glad to see that this set is going to be released in 2013 as was concerned that it might be another of the sets that did not make it to production or the mainstream market.....That makes a lot of Helicopters for 2013 with seven in total !! We are going to need Air Traffic Control to keep all these helis from colliding mid air but this is not in production for 2013. First Wave 2013 Fire, Police, Great Veicles & Second Wave 2013 has three(...four) different themes(idea from the past comes into production).........Going to make 2014 even more interesting as with +-28 Sets per year the CITY designers are going to have to find many new storylines....althought the 2013 Lineup sounds fantastic cant wait to see the pictures especially 60026!!!

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

I try to start now. Pictures and more infos will follow.

Part 11458 (PLADE 1X2 M. VAN. HUL Ø 4,8) seems to be completely new. It is a plate 1x2 with a technic hole instead of one of the studs. There are 2 of these in 60018 in Dark Bluish Grey.

Part 11211 (BRICK 1X2 W. 2 KNOBS) seems to be new in light bluish grey.

Part 98280 (WALL 1X6X3 W. STUDS) seems to be new in bright yellow. It is the same panel that is used for the Dumper Truck and is listed at LDD as train part.

Let's not forget 11291, a new car building element. It can be seen on page 22 of this instruction booklet, and so far is coming out in at least Bright Red and Dark Red.

Yes, it is in 60017 in darkred as well, as you mentioned. I just started to mention the new parts in 60018.

That makes me noticing that the front of the darkred sports car and the red fire car are almost the same :classic:

Edited by PsyKater