260 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Excellent

Going to have to get this set now, even though it is a bit pricy. :oh3:

As for the helmet in the bucket I'm guessing the bucket went at the bottom of a guillotine to catch the heads, maybe there's still a head in the helmet! :laugh:

Nice review. I bought it and now I'm going to have to cut back on spending for a while... entirely worth it though.

Very good review i went and got myself a set the other day took me ages to build but i love it cheers :classic:

Edited by LuxorV
Quote of entire first post removed. Please do not quote entire posts.

This set is "dying" to turn into a mansion for The Munsters, complete with a "spot" (green dragon) underneath the staircase, a coffin for grandpa, and the hearse from 9464 parked out front. I don't think this set was intended to fit in with the other modular sets. Its just a coincidence that it shares some similarities with them.

Yes I agree. Maybe someone will work on an Addam's Family/Munsters House conversion that we can do. I still have saved a page with people who showed and made a better outside gated area. I am trying to get all the Monster Fighters sets but only have the castle set so far. I should have bought this house already but I'm scraping money. I think this month the Lego calendar shoues double VIP points on the 22nd or so. I'll try to buy it then. I also saw at the beginning of the month that Lego store online had the bundled sets package offered to give double xp points but I checked after, & it was totally sold out!

Nobody has a color problem on these sand green parts ?

Hi

what do you mean? Do you dislike sandgreen in general, or are you asking if somebody has miscolored sandgreen parts. If it is the first, i have to tell you sandgreen is the most reason many people buy this set. If it is the later, i found even miscolored parts on the box images! I like it, if parts varey slightly in the colortone. I makes buildings more used looking.

Dino

So I just got the set thanks to Bricktober double VIP, and after about 6 hours [maybe I'm slow] the house is built. It's beautiful! And I stick by my pre-review that this is the best LEGO set ever, man.

Although, seriously, step 100 has to be some kind of record. Adding 74 pieces is one step is crazy.

Hi,

Since HH is marked as exclusive, is this set sold only at lego store/lego.com? If that, now we have double VIP and FS this month at lego.com, is this a good chance to buy it? Or maybe we can have a better deal at holidays?

I just bought four modulars. I wish I had more budget to buy the discontinued the Green Grocer, but unfortunately I don't. HH is also sand green, but defintely not cheap either.

Alice

Right, the haunted house is lego stores only. I doubt there will be any sale on it (unless perhaps a discount on Black Friday), so right now w/ double VIP and FS is about as good as you'll get.

Hi

yes, buy it. I had the same problem like you, loving the GG but did not have the budget for it (here it is around 500€, more than 1000 if MISB).

I got my HH last week, with double VIP points, so i guess it can not be better. Because like mostlytevhnic i do not see any discount happen.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

Thank you!

I found a 10%off coupon at the holiday catalog they just mailed to me. In fact, we have this coupon in every catalog, at least in US. Double points can be earned on value after discount. The only thing is that I'll need to drive 30 miles downtown. Cheers. I always love to visit Lego stores.

Alice

Edited by nana

Well Mine arrived yesterday. I was happy about double VIP and FS. Kinda bummed I didn't know about that coupon as the catalog recently arrived. After looking at the instructions I want to make this a modular more than ever. I like the hinge feature but for what I have planned a modular will work better.

What I'd like to do is put the HH above a basement/dungeon where the mad scientists lab is. Entry to the dungeon will be from just under the stairs on the first level where the gray arch piece is. Might not be enough space there though.

Behind the HH on the same level will be the Zombie graveyard set, a pond and cave area for the swamp creature and the werewolf tree as well. I'm not the strongest builder on my own so still awaiting to see someone make this a modular. I love this theme!

p.s.

I also received a small flyer of CMF series 7 "Brick or Treat" and a series 7 figure. I got another daredevil. Not sure what to do with him yet as I have several already.

Edited by ETAV8R

I finished my HH over the course of two evenings. I tried to anticipate changing it to a modular and left a couple areas with less structural integrity. I also left the uppermost gable hollow. Now I need to find a way to have the manbat hanging up there. The addition of two extra ghosts, one from the polybag and the other from the halloween accessory set really accentuate the HH. The grandfather clock from the polybag fits perfectly behind the writing desk against the wall where the stairs from the attic come down. The zombie from the accessory set is hanging out near the front gate and the witch is up in the attic cooking something up.

The build was great fun even though some aspects were repetitive.

Fantastic review :thumbup:. Purchase one from S@H. Love those sand green bricks and minifigs. Wished there were more glow in the dark bricks. Definitely one of my favourite sets so far. :wub: Cheers

This came in the post yesterday, a pressie from the gf, feel very lucky!

Question regarding the butler minifigure. When I put the headpiece on, and push it down all the way, I find the eyebrows part actually covers the top half of the eyes. Is everyone else's like this? And is the headpiece meant to just sit higher up and not be pushed all the way down? I guess I was just concerned that the face printing on my butler head might be too high up.

I have a question too: when I finished the set, I had four leftover 1 x 1 light grey bricks. I'm pretty sure they were leftover from the top floor--I don't think they showed up in my "spare parts pile" until I got to the last two bags. Did this happen to anyone else? I know "extra" 1 x 1 bricks occasionally happens (last year's City Advent Calendar had 3), but four seemed a bit much and I'm wondering if I missed a step somewhere. I looked back through the manual and couldn't find any...

N.B.: I agree with accentuating this with the Ghost polybag and the Halloween accessory set. I also used the free accessory pack from Toys R Us to dress up a few spots--I put the top hat (which doesn't fit in the trunk) on the skeleton and have him clutching a chalice under the stairs--giving the impression of a long-deceased partier. I also put another skeleton in the bedroom closet; the joke here should be obvious. :laugh:

This came in the post yesterday, a pressie from the gf, feel very lucky!

Question regarding the butler minifigure. When I put the headpiece on, and push it down all the way, I find the eyebrows part actually covers the top half of the eyes. Is everyone else's like this? And is the headpiece meant to just sit higher up and not be pushed all the way down? I guess I was just concerned that the face printing on my butler head might be too high up.

Just checked mine. The headpiece sits just on top of the eyes when pressed all the way down. It does cover up the eyebrows that are printed on the actual head, but that's why they're also printed on the headpiece.

Just checked mine. The headpiece sits just on top of the eyes when pressed all the way down. It does cover up the eyebrows that are printed on the actual head, but that's why they're also printed on the headpiece.

Many thanks Legocrazy81, I think it may be the case that the printing on the head on mine is too high up, so I might try order a replacement head.

has anyone bought 2 of these and somehow one way or another used all the pieces to make one big house?

I got one for Xmas and think there is so much potential to do this (and will most likely do it sometime).

Great review. I saw a decent (for Australia) priced set and picked it up...then I read the review. The Lego designer video showcasing all the little features is worth watching too.

It would fit well in a diorama with the other modulars. This HH can be set on a hill, just out of town. Very Addam's Family or Tim Burton-eque.