Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest #44: My Best Friend

"Remember back, Hybros. This sailor was among the second group of beggars to bother us, and claimed other things."

Guts looked at the knight with a cold smirk.

"I can say whatever I want Knight. What his actions will be, is for him to decide, but I can say what I think of it. And your words ring hollow, there are many who will try to take advantage of us, and as this 'sailor' proves, if the city runs out of beggars to throw at us, the cycle will start again. And don't give yourself the illusion that your gold will change anything. And the Party Leader, the Fenarian, has already expressed her will to move on, but we are unable to do because of mud-hearted fools like yourself."

Guts spits on the ground in front of the Knight, and instead uses his Flee skills to escape the hordes of beggars and reach the Temple.

The elf showed no understanding of Nerwen's words. Which in itself was not particularly surprising. Not every elf was Cala'quessir. Possibly he was Taur'quessir like some of the heroes she'd met, or perhaps even Mori'quessir. In any case he was formed by Galadrya and Celebryon, and even if his kin had deserted him, she was better than they. Gold he had asked for, gold he would have.

Take this. she said to him gently, handing him 50 gold.

Galadrya bless you.

That done Nerwen follows Namyrra.

Benji impatiently continues to ignore the beggars and follows Namyrra.

QM Note: Alright fine, I think you've learned your lesson by now. :tongue:

Hybros gavee each of the three beggars some gold, while Nerwen showed special sympathy towards the crippled elf, despite their lack of common language. The elf simply thanked and rolled away. The blind witch cackled, but then her face went gloom as she reminisced her tale.

"I met her at a faraway bog, where I was gathering some rare herbs for my potions", she recounted. "Delighted to meet a foreign colleague, I asked her for an exchange of recipes. But her owl eyes flared up in jealousy, and she hissed that I shall never see her secrets. She cast a spell on me, rendering me blind. Just like that, without a reason. When I finally scrambled out of the marshes, the locals told me that I was not the first victim of the Bog Witch. Every now and then, a child would go missing near the bog. They said the witch bakes them into a pie and gobbles them up. They said she lived in a hut with chicken legs, so that she could chase down her prey. The locals had many names for her, none of which were flattering. But her true name... It still causes chills down my spine everytime I remember it... It is Baba."

The elderly woman shuddered, and walked off, leaning to her bony cane. The sailor was already telling the story of a great seamonster living in Loch Mess. Nobody knew how it had ended up in a lake in the middle of Uland, but they said it was immortal. One time a valiant hero managed to chop it's head off, but two new ones grew in its place. The two heads tore the hero apart, and from that day on, nobody dared to harass "Messie".

More beggars approached the party, but suddenly someone shouted something about "The Four at the square", and they all turned on their heels. The party followed them into the square located at the center of the Hovels, and saw that there was a huge gathering. At the other edge of the square they saw a shrine with a statue of Fabula Sibylla on top, but they couldn't get to it through the crowd.

heroicaquest44-square.jpg

The mob was shouting and grumbling restlessly. All eyes were on the four figures standing on a makeshift platform in the middle of the square. There was a man dressed in blood red, an intimidating norseman, a wryly smiling woman and surprisingly a man of the fay folk - fairies were an exceptionally rare sight in any city.

heroicaquest44-square2.jpg

The norseman spoke to the mob.

"The time of revolution is near! We will no longer tolerate this oppression just because we are poor, disabled or immigrants. Eubric is supposed to be a free city, but still there are people enslaved and in chains just because they did not have the gold to pay for their freedom. And the last drop is this wall that they are building around these quarters! They think they can contain our rage, imprison our free will? No, we common people shall rise and liberate this city!"

The crowd roared in fury and excitement. At the most inopportune moment, the doors of the Oracle's Shrine opened, and out stepped none other than Admiral Nemo Bonaparte with his wife and four guards. The crowd went silent as all turned to face one of their most hated oppressors - the ruler of the sea around the Free Island, who was guilty of restricting free trade as well as sinking many ships filled with refugees from poorer lands. The tension was so thick it could've been cut with a knife.

heroicaquest44-square3.jpg

Slowly the Bonaparte entourage started to descend the stairs of the temple, and make its way through the crowd. Most people stepped out of their way despite glaring and spitting at their direction, but some refused, and ended up getting pushed back by the guards. Hestia Bonaparte took her husband by the arm, but the admiral showed no sign of fear. He just stared intensely at the four leaders of the rioters as he walked past them.

Suddenly, the fairy spoke:

"This man holds the entire Free Islands area as his prisoner. What are you waiting for? Get him!"

It didn't take more than that to make the mostly unarmed mob of the deprived to lunge at the admiral and his guards. The guards quickly loaded their hand-cannons, but even those would not hold the angry hordes for long. Meanwhile, the four riot leaders had drawn their own weapons and started to bark orders.

heroicaquest44-square4.jpg

The only hope that the Bonapartes had were in the large party of heroes watching all this take place. The Bonapartes were surrounded by all four directions, so if the party wanted to help them, they too would have to split into four smaller groups.

What will the party do?

Party:

heroica_1.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elven Ranger

Level 1

Power
: 4
(1+3)

Health
: 6/6

Gold
: 10

Equipment
: Bow (WP: 3)

Inventory
: Amethyst (
Darkness
), Potion, Smoke Bomb,

assassin_benji.jpg

Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

27 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 21
*Counterstrike*
*Encouraged*

Power:
(21+13)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(6+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP: 13;
Darkness
Ice
Light
Elemental), Tricorne (SP:3),
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory:
5 Grand Potions, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 6 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 3 Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 Bones

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall (Fred Fred Burger)

27 years old male human Knight

Level 14
*Immune to Weakened, Bound and Slowed*
*Encouraged*

Power:
(14+8+2+1)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(10+13)

Gold:

Equipment:
Great Sword (WP:8), Mockthril Shield (SP:4), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects)

Inventory:
Tricorne (SP:3), Paladin's Armor (unsuitable), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone

7799445022_26c70f4173_o.jpg

Cinna the Dark (darkdragon)

19 years Female Human Mystic Knight

Level 19
*Immune to
Fire
*Encouraged*

Power:
(19+12+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
31/31
(5+18+7+1)

Ether:
25/25
(5+18+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mauryl (WP:12, ranged), Aurora Helmet (SP:2, null fire), Anniversary Medal:Y1 (+1 to all stats per year)

Inventory:
Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Healing Staff (WP:5), Scroll of Sleep, 6 Grand Potions, Tonic, 6 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Soma, 2 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, 3 Bones

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (Tanma)

11 year old "male" "echo" Assassin

Level 17 ½
*Immune to Enamored and Confused*

Power:
(17+7)

Defense:

Health:
28/28
(7+16+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Kapura (WP:7,
fire-elemental
), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP: 1), Heart Locket (Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory:
Chiara (WP:7,
lightning-elemental
), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:7), Cloak of the Elven Spy, 10 Potions, 3 Grand Potions, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

av-28776.jpg

Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old male vampire Rogue

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
(7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Longsword (WP:3)

Inventory:
Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll

IMG_2373.JPG

Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human Barbarian

Level 10 ½
*Restoration*

Power:
(10+13)

Health:
17/17
(8+9)

Gold:

Equipment:
Voltedge (WP: 13,
lightning-elemental
), Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration)

Inventory:
Spear (WP: 9), Holy Bomb, 2 Death Progg Claws

7441682730_7e226292c6_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)

42 year old male human Raider

Level 20
*Natural Respite*
*Dance*
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+14)
(29 for ranged attacks
(20+9)
)

Health:
33/33
(7+19+7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Lifestealer (WP:14,
ice-elemental
, attacks restore 3 health), Dancing Shoes (Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice)

Inventory:
Throwing Knife (WP:9, retrievable,
light-elemental
), Hollow Dagger (WP: 6, hollow), 9 Grand Potions, 1 Grand Tonic, 1 Elixir, 5 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 4 Meads, 4 Nostrums, 4 Smelling Salts, Shovel, Telescope, Bedroll, Beholder's Eye (allows one round per quest to be replayed), 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril)

7173335030_b2b9e10fb7_z.jpg

Hybros (JimButcher)

50-year-old male imp Assassin

Level 20
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+15)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(7+19+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:15,
earth-elemental
), Golden Armor (user is permanently hastened and cursed), Blessed Amulet (protects from cursed-effect)

Inventory:
Clock Cog (WP: 14, retrievable), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:8, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 8, retrievable), Emerald (
Wood
), 10 Potions, 10 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, Bedroll, Shovel, Skeleton Decoy, Bone

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

21 years old female human Rogue

Level 11
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(11+10)

Health:
17/17
(7 + 10)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dagger (WP:10)

Inventory:
Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Venom, 3 Nostrums, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums, 2 Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)
***Party Leader***

1337 years old female Fenarian Evoker

Level 21
*Immune to Sealing*

Power
: 31
(21+12)

Defence
: 8
(5+3)

Health
: 28/28
(5+20+3)

Ether
: 32/32
(5+20+1+1+5)

Gold
: 44

Equipment
: Snake Staff (WP:12), Fanged Helm (SP:5), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, immune to Sealing)

Inventory
: Shiny Dagger (WP:10), Bone Staff (WP:3), Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire. Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 2 Phoenix Essence, 6 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Bedroll, Venom, 3 bones

Spirits
: Xut the Daemon (
Darkness
), Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
), Mark the Ice Cube Tray (
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), Battle Angel (
Light
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

261 year old female elven Cleric

Level 12
*Immune to
Wind

Power:
(12+6)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(9+11+3)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff (WP:6,
Wood
), White Cloak (+3 Max health), Winged Circlet (SP:2, Immune to Wind)

Inventory:
Hammer (WP: 6), 2 Potions, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 3 Elixirs, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences,Venom, 2 Ice Bombs, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone

HeroicaRaven-1.png

Raven Ashcroft (Raven Brickroft)

18 years old male human Rogue

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
7/7

Gold:

Equipment:
Main Gauche (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Potion, Venom

headressnaga.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

27 years old male naga Mage

Level 12 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
(12+6+1)

Defense:

Health:
16/16
(5+11)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dragon's Wrath (WP:6)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Dragon's Heart (WP: 15,
wind-
and
fire-elemental
), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Tonic, Phoenix Essence, 4 Nostrums, 3 Smelling Salts, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Bone, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Mage

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Dagger (WP:3)

Inventory:
Ruby (
Fire
), Potion, Bedroll

ava-thothwick2.jpg

Thothwick (Professor Flitwick)

44 years old Metasimian Black Knight

Level 19
*Damage Undead*
*Immune to Stunned*

Power
: 29
(19+10)
(27 for ranged attacks
(19+8)
)

Defence
: 4

Health
: 34
(7+18+9)

Gold
: 200

Equipment
: Sabre (WP:10), Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do damage to undead), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect)

Inventory
: Shuriken (WP:8), Bedroll, Telescope, Dragon Scale

harkenshire_sig.jpg

William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

Unknown years old human male Ranger

Level 15
*Hastened*

Power:
(15+5)

Health:
20/20
(6+14)

Gold:

Equipment:
Repeating Crossbow (WP:5, unupgradeable;
fire-elemental
, permanent
hastened
)

Inventory:
Hand Cannon (WP: 5;
lightning
- and
wood
-elemental), Wave Sword (WP:11, inflicts cursed-effect), Croise Crossbow (WP:11), Lion Knight Shield (SP:4, unsuitable), Chimera Armor (+2 SP, +2 Health, unsuitable), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement), Sapphire (
Wind
), Remedy, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy

"Scaly, Nerwen, Hybros, With me! You! Route around, watch the roofs, there are snipers! Try to take em out without killing them. Let's go!"

Guts was already barking orders before their party leader had a chance to say anything, hoping some of the Heroes were following him, he went around to help the Bonapartes, roughly pushing his way through the crowd.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Guts was right. How could he have been so easily fooled? He decided to stick close to Guts from now on. Just then, the Nemo Bonaparte entered. Hybros recalled his last encounter with him, and the deal he had made with his brother, Reno. "...I am not sure about this... I can help with those enemies on the roof."

IC: De'kra looked in dismay as events began to spiral. One one hand, Dekra felt hatred for the houses with a fiery passion, and his thoughts did occasionally stray towards rebellion. But of the things De'kra had learned in Eubric, he had learned that he was a bad judge of character. How could he tell if these revolutionaries would be any better or worse than the houses. But he already knew that the old powers of Eubric were corrupt, so was it worth the risk? Or would he trust the enemy that is known? But could he kill these people? Sure he chose assassin for hopefully quick and painless deaths, but would it work as he hoped? It was like the civil war all over again, and that ended horribly? Th-the screaming...

Finally De'kra surrendered and asked, "Nerwen, what should we enact?" Silently his thoughts pleaded to the voice in his head as well, but the voice offered no answer.

At Gut's comments, Nerwen's keen elven eyes swept the rooftops.

There were figures up there. She recognized, from her wanted posters, Violetta the cat-burglar, or at least, someone dressed as her.

De'kra. the mob is driven by the words of the four. They are innocent, yes.

But they cannot be allowed to kill the Bonepartes.

The houses' retribution would not fall just on those who provoked the riot, or even those here in the square fighting, but all in the hovels.

Women, children, blind, lame and addicts alike.

This is a power play for control of Eubric. And much as we might not like the current order, it is the order we have and war in Eubric would be much worse.

Perhaps it is a hopeless cause and the houses will fall anyway, nonetheless, we must do the the thing in front of us.

We must stand between the mob and the Bonepartes and keep what peace we can salvage.

Nerwen lifts De'kra, standing his slight frame on her shoulders so that he can get a good look at the combatants using his cloak of the elven spy.

Mizuki asks Erik "You want to save the Bonapartes ?"

"No, not really. He doesn't look like he cares about these people, who really must be pretty bad off if they're willing to charge cannons unarmed in the hope of making their friends and family better off.

Although I doubt they'll be any better off with those four in power. And even if they do suceed in killing Nemo, I bet even the Ji Pei would send troops to kill these people, and their families too. They may compete with the Bonapartes, but they wouldn't want precedent for murdering the heads of the great houses. I hate to say this, but I think in the long run, more people will suffer if the admiral dies. Let's just hope most of these poor people run away when they see the Bonapartes aren't on their own."

Erik draws his sword to defend the Bonapartes, but isn't happy about it.

He yells at the four instigators "Why not hire assasins, if you want people killed, rather than manipulate people who already are badly off?" but doubts they can hear him over all the commotion.

Benji is unsure what to do. What have the Bonapartes ever done to help him? If we're going to be traveling through these slums for more distance then wouldn't it make sense to try to fit in with these beggars rather than fight against them? After all, we are here to help the poor and needy.

Benji turns to the other heroes and shouts: "Does anyone want to form a group with me against the Bonapartes?"

He yells at the four instigators "Why not hire assasins, if you want people killed, rather than manipulate people who already are badly off?" but doubts they can hear him over all the commotion.

"You idiot, do you really think that these poor beggars could afford to hire assassins!?"

Guts turns around when he hears sounds of doubt and even sounds of going against the Bonapartes. With rage in his eyes, he looks at the half-elf, and some of the others who hesitated.

"Any of you who will not raise your blade in defense, of those people who are about to get ripped to shred by this angry mass, I will personally slit their throats. I don't care if it will take me the rest of my life, but any of you who dare support this... atrocity, I will hunt down and kill. I don't mind if I need to slit your throat in your sleep, poison your water or stab you in the back, but it will happen. Mark my words."

At Gut's comments, Nerwen's keen elven eyes swept the rooftops.

There were figures up there. She recognized, from her wanted posters, Violetta the cat-burglar, or at least, someone dressed as her.

De'kra. the mob is driven by the words of the four. They are innocent, yes.

But they cannot be allowed to kill the Bonepartes.

The houses' retribution would not fall just on those who provoked the riot, or even those here in the square fighting, but all in the hovels.

Women, children, blind, lame and addicts alike.

This is a power play for control of Eubric. And much as we might not like the current order, it is the order we have and war in Eubric would be much worse.

Perhaps it is a hopeless cause and the houses will fall anyway, nonetheless, we must do the the thing in front of us.

We must stand between the mob and the Bonepartes and keep what peace we can salvage.

Nerwen lifts De'kra, standing his slight frame on her shoulders so that he can get a good look at the combatants using his cloak of the elven spy.

IC: De'kra nodded as he tried to use the Cloak of the Elven Spy to analyze the stats of the mob. "Thank you Nerwen," he clicked, "You are right. It would only make things worse, and even if things eventually get better it would still be pave and death. Eubric need to change, but not reborn in violence of mob. It too blunt, like bomb. Force for change need to be precise."

As he glanced around he clicked to Guts, "Ussal crabs are more eager to help you if you give them food rather than if you beat them. Beat Ussal crabs only drive them away, make them hostile to you and less will to listen to you."

Edited by Tanma

"I certainly view this as an atrocity, but not in the same sense as you. I see immigrants who have come here in search of the Eubric ideals of freedom, and who were shunned to the lowest caste of society. I see the diseased and crippled, who were forced in here for not being able to afford the basic health care Eubric provides, let alone the operations they require to rejuvenate them to full health. I see the remnants of slavery, left here to rot by former and current masters. These oppressed peoples see the Bonapartes as a representation of the people that shun them. The people who even now, are building a wall to keep the immigrants lost, the infirm ill, and the slaves in chains. Am I going to fight along side them, and kill the Bonapartes for their sins? No, I believe few deserve that fate. Will I join the aristocracy here, and take up arms against the brainwashed masses? I certainly shan't!"

Edited by Professor Flitwick

"You are selfish and shortsighted, Metasimian. If the Bonapartes fall, soon Eubric will have the same fate. What will happen when it becomes known the Bonapartes are without lead? Pirates will unite, take back the ocean around us, and ultimately loot and burn Eubric to the ground. You are forgetting that each and everyone of us here would not be able to live in this City were it not for the Bonapartes. They make a lot of money in the process, sure, but I will take them over pirates any day of the week. Now we are running out of time. Choose yourself, defend these people, or the guilt of knowing you could have saved them, and an incoming death by my hand."

With that, Guts turned around, making his way over to the Bonapartes to defend them. He would save them, even if he had to do it himself.

"You are selfish and shortsighted, Metasimian. If the Bonapartes fall, soon Eubric will have the same fate. What will happen when it becomes known the Bonapartes are without lead? Pirates will unite, take back the ocean around us, and ultimately loot and burn Eubric to the ground. You are forgetting that each and everyone of us here would not be able to live in this City were it not for the Bonapartes. They make a lot of money in the process, sure, but I will take them over pirates any day of the week. Now we are running out of time. Choose yourself, defend these people, or the guilt of knowing you could have saved them, and an incoming death by my hand."

With that, Guts turned around, making his way over to the Bonapartes to defend them. He would save them, even if he had to do it himself.

"If we fight against the beggars then they might be attacking us the rest of our travel to the Shrine, and will cause problems. If we join them then they will be supportive. I doubt that the death of Bonaparte's leader will cause the fall of Eubric!"

"You idiot, do you really think that these poor beggars could afford to hire assassins!?"

"Not the beggars, the four on the platform with the fancy weapons. And I daresay the wolfgang are backing them,they can afford assasins. Besides, if it weren't for them, I doubt the peasants would be revolting."

Hearing Guts, he replies "I think they have some pretty good reasons for disliking the Bonapartes, mister. I think they're going about it the wrong way, and I agree that the Bonapartes do some good things, sure, but shortsighted or not, I'm not happy about killing scores of people to defend less than a dozen."

"Not the beggars, the four on the platform with the fancy weapons. And I daresay the wolfgang are backing them,they can afford assasins. Besides, if it weren't for them, I doubt the peasants would be revolting."

Hearing Guts, he replies "I think they have some pretty good reasons for disliking the Bonapartes, mister. I think they're going about it the wrong way, and I agree that the Bonapartes do some good things, sure, but shortsighted or not, I'm not happy about killing scores of people to defend less than a dozen."

"Wolfgang, eh?" Benji thinks for a moment. Ever since the incident with Violetta, Benji was torn apart with continuing to be loyal to the wolfgang or if to fight against them even more violently. It seems that the time to decide has come, and Benji is silently arguing with himself about whether to fight for or against them...

Alexander heards the words of the other heroes and says: "Personally I dislike the nobility and its actions but I think that we must prevent the crowd to kill the Bonapartes for two reason: First, when the pirates will hear the death of Bonaparte the will take courage and they will challenge the autority of Eubric; Second, when the rest of Eubric will hear of this event, the crowd in the city will arise against the nobility and I think this will became a very big problem. Therefore I think we must save the Bonapartes and after speak with the crowd to reach a solution."

After saying that Alexander follows the heroe Guts to save the Bonapartes.

IC: De'kra clicked, "I for one understand your decision Thothwick, and I wish that I could afford neutrality. If he try to kill you in spite, I will try to give you aid. Now, if we must fight these oppress individuals, I note that we have few healers, I count only Gali and Sarick. Now I have large amount of potions, so perhaps I should go on one of other teams to act as psuedo healer?"

Edited by Tanma

"Well guys, anyone who don't want to save the Bonapartes better speak up quickly, because I'm going to help them, and we need to do that soon or there won't be anyone for us to help!"

(OoC: I want to give people time to speak up here, don't want to push someone aiming for a good relation with the Ji Pei into a situation where they help the Bonapartes, so I won't split anyone into groups until tomorrow morning, hope that's okay with our esteemed QM?)

Nerwen speaks to the gathered heroes.

We need to divide into four groups.

Once De'kra reports back we will have more idea what we are facing.

But there are two options.

We can divide into four groups of approximately equal strength. Probably lead by Namrrya, Guts, Hybros and Benji. With a new hero on each.

Or we divide into groups by experience, all the new heroes together, possibly facing weaker opponents, all the stronger heroes together to take on the hardest foes.

Which do people think is better?

Mizuki says to Erik "We better start moving if we want to save those Bonapartes." Mizuki then pulls out her dagger out of her sheath.

"Well guys, anyone who don't want to save the Bonapartes better speak up quickly, because I'm going to help them, and we need to do that soon or there won't be anyone for us to help!"

(OoC: I want to give people time to speak up here, don't want to push someone aiming for a good relation with the Ji Pei into a situation where they help the Bonapartes, so I won't split anyone into groups until tomorrow morning, hope that's okay with our esteemed QM?)

Benji raises his hand and announces: "Namyrra, I have decided that... I don't want to save the Bonapartes." He turns his face away before the other heroes have a chance to respond.

Edited by Flare