Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Three

Janitors. I hate these guys. :hmpf_bad:

ROAR! So it looks the trap killer is a neutral, given that Baxter (or Wallace, for that matter) didn't really come across as suspicious enough to justify a Maybe vig-kill. Plus, only anarchists whistle the 1812 Overture. Maybe one of us should hum some Tchaikovsky and lynch however joins in.

Zzzzzzzz...

Well, that was unexpected. I'm pretty sure Carly was scum too. I feel we've been robbed of a victory there. Not knowing is infuriating. Harriet Slutter would never put up with such a thing.

It does seem odd that the scum did not seem to kill last night. Surely the janitor wouldn't take the place of the kill?

The cow is missing.

I should have seen it coming.

Let's lynch Ralphy now.

mod_note_01.jpg

Mod note: Today's roleplaying rule has been updated:

• You must play on your personality quirk in every post. Some may be more difficult than others. Feel free to expand on the personality quirk you've been given. Be creative. (You have the first 24 hours to practice. Penalties will not be incurred on posts before voting starts)

The penalty will be one vote per violation.

I think this mean Carly is just scum. If she was town, I think we would not have a lot of leads, so the scum would not have bothered to janitorify her. I think.

Or they figured since if Carly was scum we would probably lynch the Rabbit, they make us think the cow was scum, so that we lynch Ralph, while he is innocent. Or something. I hope not. I go with scenario one from now on.

ooh.

And Brigit, you look amazing this morning, as always. Oh! You have a fly on your ear, can I have it? :wub:

And seriously, what's with the hate against the colour purple. :angry:

Oh Baxter... :cry_sad: You were taken too soon... who will sniff my butt in friendly greeting now? :cry_sad:

*sniffs Horace's butt* Eeuwww, that's not nice. :sick: Why do dogs do this?

*chomp* Tastes better than it smells, at least. :look: Sorry Horace, old pal. :grin:

I'm going to go ahead and assume Carly was the scum killer. Makes the most sense considering the lack of a scum kill tonight. Day Three and we're on a roll. :sweet:

Even if Carly were the scum killer, I'd have thought God would pass the action on when Carly was lynched.

Let's hope the Cultists don't employ poison and we'll at least learn Carly's affiliation tomorrow.

Don't bank on it, Becka. Remember, in Spring Haven we didn't find out the affiliation of the janitored people till the end. Even the flashbacks had blacked out figures in them! :hmpf:

On the matter of this trap-setter... it appears Baxter's death was by the same MO as last night on Wallace (as others have said). This killer could be a vigilante that mistook Baxter for a Cultist, but he/she could also be a third party killer. I disagree with Becka, I think that Baxter was being somewhat discreet in his actions. I don't have any specific examples, but that is the vibe I got. All I'm saying is that the possibility of this killer being a vigilante should not be ruled out because of the mixed alliances of his or her kills.

I don't think the affiliation of their kills has anything to do with it. Vigilantes more often kill town than scum,though not deliberately; serial killers don't care. Although Baxter didn't say much, I agree he didn't look particularly Culty, which would make him an odd choice for a vigilante. Plus the MO looks more 'serial killer' to me, though I guess that's debatable.

Also, while I do believe Heidi is right about Carly being scum, there is a possibility that the Cultists can choose to use a certain action every night. Not all storybooks designate one specific killer each night, sometimes they are allowed to designate a (still living) member of their gang to perform the task.

This is true, and if Spring Haven is anything to go by, the Demon Legion there had two or three kills to choose from.

Unless they can't kill. Two nights in and no apparently scum kill. Could we be that lucky?

That would be nice, but I think it's unlikely, knowing God.

Luck doesn't have anything to do with it. The question is, would our god be so cruel as to have a scum killer, vig, and serial killer at once?

There were three possible kills in Spring Haven, at least at the start, although the vigilante had conditions.

Hate to keep going on about Spring Haven, but there are similarities: there was a Janitor action on night two's lynch there, if you remember. And on every third night after.

*chomp*

I share the same thought that Carly was most likely scum. With her complete silence yesterday after all the votes and now this, it's pretty hard not to assume that.

Poor Baxter. There's a possibility that whoever killed Baxter could be the vigilante, but then again, such an odd way of doing it makes me think that it was a serial killer. The lack of a second kill is puzzling. If Baxter's death was done by a serial killer, then what happened to the vigilante tonight? Was he blocked? Maybe Baxter was the vigilante :cry_sad: ! As to what happened to the scum kill, we can only speculate. I hope nobody drops dead in the middle of the day. Though, I think the more likely case that jumps out to me is that Carly was the scum killer and her lynching put a hold on scum kills for a night.

Oooh, just talking about Baxter Bulldog is giving me hives! ACHOO! MeOW! So...allergic...!

Even if Carly were the scum killer, I'd have thought God would pass the action on when Carly was lynched.

God probably is, but I wonder if the scum would get to use it tonight or if it dies with Carly and then the scum can use it again tomorrow night?

The cow is missing.

Let's lynch Ralphy now.

You okay there, poetic bunny? :look:

You okay there, poetic bunny? :look:

Yes, I am. Just decided out of a sudden that my words have more emphasis when written in haiku form. Gosh, you're a cute little kitten, aren't you?! :grin:

I cannot help it.

I love every kind of cat.

Ralphy needs to die.

I cannot help it.

I love every kind of cat.

Ralphy needs to die.

*blinks* Wow, guess I'm lucky not to have that particular quirk, knock on wood. *knocks on wood*

Alright, so let's just BAWK! synthesize the information that we have so far.

-The trap setter is either a vigilante or a third party killer. There is no way that it is a scum killer.

-The trap setter has not been blocked yet.

-There was an axe killer on night one. We have no BAWK! idea who's action it is. It is either a vigilante, third party, or scum. We do know, however, that it did not occur tonight, which means that it either belonged to Carly, OR it was booked, a option most people are oddly seeming to disregard.

-There has not been a third kill yet. This may mean a poisoner, or it may mean that there is no third party killer. If there is no third party killer, then that means by default our axe murderer is the cultist killer, and the trap setter is a vigilante. If there is a poisoner today, it may be any of the three parties.

Does everyone agree with this? Please tell me if I missed something.

It is intriguing to me that many people have flown to the option of "Carly must have been the scum killer". Why are we assuming that? There could be a myriad of other reasons there was no axe kill tonight. It's also interesting to see who is assuming the axe kill belongs to the cultists. These two comments jumped out to me the most:

Only one person died last night, though. And it was the same MO as the killer of Wallace. That's rather strange. This means either there was again no scum kill, or that the scum for some reason killed one of their own on night one. :wacko: That seems rather unlikely to me.

Sure, he throws in the "but that's rather unlikely", but he still flings out the idea BAWK! early in the day that perhaps the scum killed one of their own, and perhaps the trap setter is scum. Why is he introducing this idea to us? To get us thinking about it. EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES NO SENSE BAWK! Sorry, I got excited.

I'm going to go ahead and assume Carly was the scum killer. Makes the most sense considering the lack of a scum kill tonight. Day Three and we're on a roll. :sweet:

Why in the world are you assuming that? There are literally tens of other possibilities of why there was no kill. And you say a lack of a scum kill. You're assuming quite a lot, on very little. a) you assume that the axe murderer is a cultist and b) you assume that the axe murderer was killed and not blocked. Why are you assuming these things? Do you know things we don't? Or are you perhaps attempting to pretend that the axe murderer was killed so that we're al the most shocked when one of us ends up poisoned in a few hours.

There are too many people drawing axe murderer to the cultists for my liking. I feel that these people are trying to have us be surprised when someone dies later, and I also feel that they will then follow the logic "oh, the axe murderer was scum, so this poisoner must be a third party or vigilante, we should trust them". They're planting the seeds of deception right now.

BAWK! Be quiet Ralphy! I'm a parrot, so don't kick at me, I deliver mail on my own time! I heard you whispering. I'M NO BAWK!ING PIGEON! And don't think we've forgotten about you. You're close to the lynch block, please stop being helpful.

*blinks* Wow, guess I'm lucky not to have that particular quirk, knock on wood. *knocks on wood*

This is not a quirk.

A curse has been put on me.

All I did was sleep.

Also, boing.

Oh, you are right! I missed that... I'm just a little mouse after all *squeak*.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk....

A little mouse can scared poor Edgar out of the hell of it! :cry_sad:

At least, now you noticed it. :classic:

Sure, he throws in the "but that's rather unlikely", but he still flings out the idea BAWK! early in the day that perhaps the scum killed one of their own, and perhaps the trap setter is scum. Why is he introducing this idea to us? To get us thinking about it. EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES NO SENSE BAWK! Sorry, I got excited.

What's the harm in thinking about it? We should consider all possibilities, even if only to discount the ones which are highly improbable, as this is.

I made that statement because it is unlikely that the trap killer is a Cultist kill, and therefore either there wasn't a scum kill or it's been delayed. I agree that it's likely to be vigilante or SK, as I said later. The only way I can see the trap kill being Cultist is if they were redirected on night one, which I agree is exceedingly unlikely.

There are too many people drawing axe murderer to the cultists for my liking. I feel that these people are trying to have us be surprised when someone dies later, and I also feel that they will then follow the logic "oh, the axe murderer was scum, so this poisoner must be a third party or vigilante, we should trust them". They're planting the seeds of deception right now.

And you're not? :wink: Enough people have raised the possibility of a poisoner already, I hardly think we'd be surprised.

As far as I can see from looking back at what's been said today, only Heidi seems sure that the axe killer is Culty; Becka said it might be more likely, on the grounds that two nights without a scum kill would be unusual; everyone else has been circumspect about it, except Casey, who seems sure it was a vigilante.

*snap* I'd chomp you, Pancho, but I'm worried you might taste Culty.

As far as I can see from looking back at what's been said today, only Heidi seems sure that the axe killer is Culty; Becka said it might be more likely, on the grounds that two nights without a scum kill would be unusual; everyone else has been circumspect about it, except Casey, who seems sure it was a vigilante.

Oh, and Ralphy thought the axe killer was Cultist kill too. Maybe that's what you were getting at.

Well, huh. I guess there's really not that much taxidermy to do today considering one body is squished beyond repair and the other is nowhere to be seen! I hate janitors! If Carly were alive I'd blame her for this! Instead, she's the one missing? :wacko: What do you think about that, Danny the Dictionary? On that note, what do you think it means that Carly was janitored? *sticks dictionary up to his ear* Oh! Interesting. You're right; there are two ways this can be viewed.

1. Carly was scum.

and 2. Carly was Town or not affiliated with the scum, but not town.

Now I suppose you're going to explain your thoughts? *waits for the dictionary to reply*

Wow, you're smart and only a bit as boring as hell!

1. Carly is Scum and was Janitored for all the normal reasons the scum would janitor their own, ie. to keep us guessing and to have the conversation we're currently having, and to avoid us making connections to other individuals whose alignment may have something to do with the behavior of the deceased. Such an individual would be Ralphy, who a majority of furrys yesterday thought behaved similarly to Carly and acted suspicious and stupid. Should Carly's body have turned up to be scummy, then Ralphy would be the next leap and bound made by the Town. Now that Carly's alignment is in question though, the movement to Lynch Ralphy has slowed down and become more cautious. There are still those who would like nothing more than to see Ralphy taxiderized, but there is now the question of 'was Carly framed? And does that mean Ralphy's framed too?'

2. Carly has nothing to do with the scum. She was janitored "just 'cause". By janitoring an innocent, the scum could do two things, A. trick us into false hope that we actually caught another scum, therefor lulling us into a sense of false security and accomplishment, and B. perhaps attempt to frame Ralphy Rabbit. Yesterday, Ralphy's innocence was grouped with Carly's, and now that there is no conclusive result about Carly's allegiance, we have another day to waste Lynching Ralphy.

Gee Danny Dictionary, you're really smart! I think point one makes most sense for the following reasons:

If Carly was not scum, then Janitoring her just doesn't make sense! Whether Ralphy's scum or not, there was great momentum yesterday to get him lynched and if the scum were trying to get him lynched, then even if Carly was Town, they could still make the case that Ralphy was mimicking Carly's behavior in order to be grouped with Carly, or really any other number of cases! Ralphy has, independently of Carly, acted quite scummily. It could be because English is not his native language, it could be his living style, but it could be genuine scummy behavior, and it's there for the taking! Whether Carly is scum or not Ralphy's behavior could easily be perceived as Scummy. Or, if Carly was Town and Ralphy was scum, having Carly show up as Town would have served them even better! Ralphy was strongly linked to Carly, and that could be capitalized on! Considering this, I think the only rational solution is that Carly was Scum and that the Scum are trying to cover it up and sow confusion and uncertainty.

This matter must, however, be viewed independently of the Ralphy issue for the reason I have just delineated. The janitoring of Carly represents an attempt by the scum to manipulate today's events, and connecting Ralphy to the uncertainty of Carly can't possibly help us.

Thank you for these interesting points Danny the Dictionary! Who would I talk to to learn smart things if it weren't for you... Oh wait, I have a wife... And a collection of life-like animals that also talk to me in my head... woof.

As for the kills, I think that the trapper as a Vig or a Serial Killer makes them most sense. Asside from that, I think that the ax murderer is likely the Scum Kill as we haven't seen a third type of kill yet. I have no experience with poisoners or cults that grow but I suppose at this point either is a possibility. :sceptic: I do have more thoughts on other matters, but I don't have time right now. I need to try stitching Baxter's lonely head back together.

If we're therefore assuming that the axe killer on night one was a scum-kill, then that leads me back to wondering why kill Bristol?

If the Cultists are behind Bristol's death, perhaps they were trying to cause confusion by killing her... and it looks like they succeeded. Bristol was called out by Portia for her inactivity, so it could be that they were trying to make their kill look like the work of a third party or the Village vigilante.

Don't bank on it, Becka. Remember, in Spring Haven we didn't find out the affiliation of the janitored people till the end. Even the flashbacks had blacked out figures in them! :hmpf:

:hmpf: You're right.

Why are you looking at me? I'm very feminine. Look at my voluptuous curves. Why does everyone always seem to think bulldogs are male? :cry_sad:

Hate to keep going on about Spring Haven, but there are similarities: there was a Janitor action on night two's lynch there, if you remember. And on every third night after.

Did you notice the 'jack' in front of the red truck? :look: It's right next to the broom used to clean up Carly's body.

Oh, and Ralphy thought the axe killer was Cultist kill too. Maybe that's what you were getting at.

Next to Heidi's, Ralphy's comment indeed stood out to me.

Well if you ask me the kill wiith the big black cartoonist objects is the vigilante kill or the third party kill. The only scum kill so far has been the cute little bunny rabbit. At least that's my theory. Maybe the scum couldn't last night because they cleaned up the body.

He seems to know for sure Bristol was killed by the Cultists and goes on to suggest that there was no kill because the janitor cleaned up the body. Is he trying to make us dismiss other possibilities, like a blocked killer?

Why does everyone always seem to think bulldogs are male? :cry_sad:

Because all the other females in this town have eyelashes. You don't. :look:

Why in the world are you assuming that? There are literally tens of other possibilities of why there was no kill. And you say a lack of a scum kill. You're assuming quite a lot, on very little. a) you assume that the axe murderer is a cultist and b) you assume that the axe murderer was killed and not blocked. Why are you assuming these things? Do you know things we don't? Or are you perhaps attempting to pretend that the axe murderer was killed so that we're al the most shocked when one of us ends up poisoned in a few hours.

A) The trapper isn't scum, and I really doubt we have 3 killers.

B) If the blocker or protector had gotten lucky, they'd bring it up. I'm sure there's a few people that haven't spoken up yet today, so I could still be proven wrong on this count, but until I am, I still think Carly was likely the scum killer.

I'm assuming these things because until a blocker or protector speaks up, or if someone dies mid-day as a result of poisoning, I really believe it's one of the likelier conclusions. Though, they could've had a conversion. That's always a possibility, and it would make sense considering the vig/SK had managed to nail a scum Night 1.

I'm certainly not going to do that. If that happens, I'm going to wait for the blocker/protector to speak up (or contact someone) to see who they targeted Night One. Then we've caught the scum killer. I just find it really unlikely there's 3 different killers, unless someone actually decided to use a one-shot vig Night One. This is just the most probable path, so I'm going to trust in it unless/until something new comes up.

Seamus, you really shouldn't put that dictionary up there. Cases of introlinearwebstercitosis are known to be agonizing painful to the second toe from the left on the right foot.

Doesn't it take a day or so for that happen?

Doesn't it take a day or so for that happen?

I guess it depends on God. Usually if the scum killer is lynched, it would get passed on straight away; that's how it's happened in all the books I've read.

*yawn*

Where's Gilda? I could do with a nibble.

Where's Gilda? I could do with a nibble.

I'm here honey, nibble all you want. (actually one of my patients insists on nibbling me quite a lot, claims it helps him keep calm. But of course I never let him do it, I'm a proper lady after all.)

Seamus, you really shouldn't put that dictionary up there. Cases of introlinearwebstercitosis are known to be agonizing painful to the second toe from the left on the right foot.

Oh no! That sounds bad! Doesn't it Stacy the Second Toe from the Left on the Right Foot!?

The cow is missing.

Let's lynch Ralphy now.

Wow... Just wow...

That's true. And I still do.

If the Cultists are behind Bristol's death, perhaps they were trying to cause confusion by killing her... and it looks like they succeeded. Bristol was called out by Portia for her inactivity, so it could be that they were trying to make their kill look like the work of a third party or the Village vigilante.

:hmpf: You're right.

Why are you looking at me? I'm very feminine. Look at my voluptuous curves. Why does everyone always seem to think bulldogs are male? :cry_sad:

Did you notice the 'jack' in front of the red truck? :look: It's right next to the broom used to clean up Carly's body.

Next to Heidi's, Ralphy's comment indeed stood out to me.

He seems to know for sure Bristol was killed by the Cultists and goes on to suggest that there was no kill because the janitor cleaned up the body. Is he trying to make us dismiss other possibilities, like a blocked killer?

I know nothing for sure. It's just a guess. It is however what I think is most likely.

I understand that some of you want to lynch me. I wish for you guys not to do so, but I can't stop you is you decide to do so. All I ask you is to not let my previous behavior affect your judgement. Please please please look for another lynch subject and only lynch me if you can't find someone else. Lynching me won't disadvantage team scum cause I am not a member. I am just a mere simple townie.

Wow... Just wow...

That's true. And I still do.

I know nothing for sure. It's just a guess. It is however what I think is most likely.

I understand that some of you want to lynch me. I wish for you guys not to do so, but I can't stop you is you decide to do so. All I ask you is to not let my previous behavior affect your judgement. Please please please look for another lynch subject and only lynch me if you can't find someone else. Lynching me won't disadvantage team scum cause I am not a member. I am just a mere simple townie.

Who do you think is a better lynch target than yourself? And don't mind me, there is a beetle on your pelt, I'll take it off. *Crunch* What?

Ooh.

Who do you think is a better lynch target than yourself? And don't mind me, there is a beetle on your pelt, I'll take it off. *Crunch* What?

Ooh.

At the moment I have no idea who we should lynch. But maybe someone with a night action result can shine a light on one of our neighbors.

Now untill then, wo will let me play with his garden hose?

At the moment I have no idea who we should lynch. But maybe someone with a night action result can shine a light on one of our neighbors.

So you want someone with a night action to endanger themselves to save your sorry butt? :hmpf:

That's like when Harriet Slutter was hiding under the giant metronome from He-who-must-not-be-flipzed and Professor DumbleYork told all of the Odor Eaters where she was hiding so that DumbleYork could get away himself. Harriet wouldn't have made it out alive if Nevrick Longastley hadn't stumbled in and distracted them all by giving He-who-must-not-be-flipzed the finger.

So your defense is "please don't lynch me"? You sure know how to inspire confidence. WOOF!

Ralphy, stop calling me bad names! I'm no dirty bird! I'm a bird of paradise! Just ask my beautiful wife!

BAWK! On a side note, you have now won the award for worst defense "I'd realy hate it if you lynched me, but on the other hand, I just don't give a shit" AND least subtle attempt to try to get night actions out in the open "hey, people with night actions, say something". BAWK! I can't tell if you're just a townie who could care less, or a cultist. :sadnew: And you never ever send anyone any letters. A parrot's got to eat, ya know.