Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Three

BAWK! I'm tired of everyone calling me that rat bird! Talk about something else. :angry:

Like your suspects. Our goal hasn't changed since the first day. The more we talk, the more we have to evaluate! Town should be panicking a little. We had one kill so far, and we don't know if we've had any successful votes. Let's get one today. Share any and all suspects, thoughts, etc. COMMUNIBAWK!CATE! And remember to send postcards to your loving families outside of our lovely and deadly village! :thumbup: I'l deliver them when the whole ordeal is over.

Must have missed it. I expected there would be a vigilante kill, a scum kill and a serial killer or something to surprise the hell of everyone. God sometimes works in mysterious ways. It was just my expectation of the night that didn't turn out to be right.

This was from yesterday in response to you expecting there to be three kills the first night. So you just had a feeling this was going to be the case? I don't find this answer particularly satisfying. It's like when Harriet Slutter went on that date with Pi Calling. Too much tea, not enough snogging. Where's the substance in your reply?

Interlude

013.jpg

It is late morning and the rain has driven everyone indoors. Firuz Fox has some customers at the Apothecary.

"Do you have anything for Intermittent Disorganized Stress Syndrome With Delirium or IDSSWD?" Heidi Hippo asks.

"I don't think I do," Firuz answers.

"Hmmm, that's too bad," Heidi clicks her tongue. "I also worry I may have Striptocolophentitis. Do you have any lozenges for that?"

"I think I'm out..." Firuz is beginning to suspect she is some kind of hippo-chondriac.

014.jpg

"I was diagnosed once with Reactive Retarded Phobia Dysfunction With Incontinence," Heidi explains. "It means that I display explosive, emotional behavior and responses exacerbated by a clinically significant mental aptitude impairment during fearful episodes, combined with an inability to control my own bladder. Do you have any salves or ointments for that?"

"I might..." Firuz looks around to see if there are any other customers he can focus on.

015.jpg

Portia Poodle is in the Apothecary and loves the rustic and enigmatic interior.

"This place reminds me of the book, Harriet Slutter and the Order of the Penis," Portia says to no one in particular. "Harriet finds herself in the dangerous Cockturn Alley after a mishap with the toilet tube. Lisa Drago is there and is trying to buy an evil bloated penis from an Odor Eater and sneaking it into Pigblisters School of Sorcery and Magicky-doings through an enchanted washing machine."

Portia realizes she is talking to herself.

"Hello?" she calls out, "Edgar?"

016.jpg

Edgar Elephant, however, is upstairs, entranced, of course, with the chandelier...

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. Whoever has the most votes will win. Win? No, actually lose. They'll be lynched. I copied this from yesterday's interlude. Did anyone notice? :laugh: That's so weird. Being lynched = winning! Don't forget to play on your personality quirk in every post. I would hate for someone to be lynched just because they don't follow this rule despite being fairly warned.

vote tally

Ralphy Rabbit (badboytje88): 1 vote (penalty*)

* yes, you must continue to follow the rule at night. That's why the rules are re-posted. :blush: Sorry.

Well I am sorry if you are not satisfied with my defense. I am a member of the town. That's that. If the entire town thinks I should go, so be it. All i am saying is that you guys are wasting an entire day trying to build a case against me. A whole entire day... Your only focus is me. Try and look at some others.

I am not trying to out people with a nightaction. I do not expect anyone to be like: well I happened to block john last night and what do you know.... No scum kill last night... I am just saying there must be someone more appropriate for a lynch. As I said yesterday if you don't believe me, just investigate me tonight or watch me whatever. All you'll see is me playing in the bathyub all night long, splashing with water and stuff. Or me playing with my boyfriends trunk.

So, I take it I'm not the only one who is less-than-satisfied with Ralphy's answers. :sceptic:

Is there anything you can tell us that might change that? If you really are one of us, help us make the right decision today. It's bad enough not knowing if we were right yesterday, but now it seems like we're having grasp in the dark for direction today.

"I think I'm out..." Firuz is beginning to suspect she is some kind of hippo-chondriac.

Baaaaa-haaaa-haaaaa-haaaaa! :laugh:

Edgar Elephant, however, is upstairs, entranced, of course, with the chandelier...

Daaaawww! :wub_drool:

Move! That's not lucky!

You're standing on a crack! Or something! Unlucky!

Well I am sorry if you are not satisfied with my defense. I am a member of the town. That's that. If the entire town thinks I should go, so be it. All i am saying is that you guys are wasting an entire day trying to build a case against me. A whole entire day... Your only focus is me. Try and look at some others.

I am not trying to out people with a nightaction. I do not expect anyone to be like: well I happened to block john last night and what do you know.... No scum kill last night... I am just saying there must be someone more appropriate for a lynch. As I said yesterday if you don't believe me, just investigate me tonight or watch me whatever. All you'll see is me playing in the bathyub all night long, splashing with water and stuff. Or me playing with my boyfriends trunk.

What's with the "you". And why do you not have to do anything yourself to prove your innocence?

And another bug, Yum! Your pelt is riddled with them. :wub:

Ahhhhh! Water!!!! Water!!! *someone offers a glass of water but Ernie knocks it away* Ahhh! It's outside! Get it off!!!! It's in my mouth!!! Oh my god it's in the air!!! :cry_sad: Agh, water in my eyes!!!

Ahem. Could someone please give the reasons to voting Ralphy today? I found his actions suspicious as well, but he's only drawn attention to himself by voting for someone else yesterday. I don't think that makes him innocent, but his actions aren't that condemning in my eyes.

Oh, and those "actions" would be voting against the bandwagon and then joining it without much explanation.

Firuz, you really need to expand your stock. :hmpf_bad:

Baaaaa-haaaa-haaaaa-haaaaa! :laugh:

By all means, entertain yourself at the expense of my EACULOAIS and my UTTCDARADIBA. :hmpf:

My own suspicions of Ralphy come up from his ambivalence (if I'm using that word right) towards making a defense at all today. He asks us not to vote for him on the grounds that he's a townie and we're allowed to make our own decisions on who to vote. Or something. :wacko: I didn't really think his list in Day One was all that interesting as other people found it, but I don't think I've seen a more pointless defense before. :sceptic:

Ahhhhh! Water!!!! Water!!! *someone offers a glass of water but Ernie knocks it away* Ahhh! It's outside! Get it off!!!! It's in my mouth!!! Oh my god it's in the air!!! :cry_sad: Agh, water in my eyes!!!

Ahem. Could someone please give the reasons to voting Ralphy today? I found his actions suspicious as well, but he's only drawn attention to himself by voting for someone else yesterday. I don't think that makes him innocent, but his actions aren't that condemning in my eyes.

Oh, and those "actions" would be voting against the bandwagon and then joining it without much explanation.

Here hun have a napkin so you can make the horrible delicious water go away. Finally someone to back me up a little bit.

I have explained why i voted for The cat in the first place. So i am not doing that again. I was the 12th person to vote against the cow. So if you are lynching me for changing my vote and hopping on the bandwagon, what are your thoughts about voters 13 to 19? Should they go too because they hopped on the bandwagon?

I know i am not doing much to. Help you guys find a cultist but there isn't much I can do... After a few hours of stimulating Ernies trunk in the hope water comes out, i go to bed and sleep like a baby. There is nothing i can do at night... And we can't look for someone who's behavior is off/odd today since the majority hasn't spoken up yet. The cultists are laughing their megablocks off. Another town lynch and all they have to do is keep quiet till the voting can begin and hop on the bandwagon. By focussing on me the scum flies under the radar!

With all this rain, it's certainly a good thing no one is getting married today. :sceptic:

By all means, entertain yourself at the expense of my EACULOAIS and my UTTCDARADIBA. :hmpf:

I'm sorry. You're fat, too. :laugh:

Wait, that's wrong. :blush:

I'm sorry you're fat, too. That's better! :grin:

The cultists are laughing their megablocks off. Another town lynch and all they have to do is keep quiet till the voting can begin and hop on the bandwagon.

Another is the problem I have here. We don't know what Carly was, but I think that most of us believe she was scum, I certainly do, so saying another at this point doesn't seem accurate. At the very least it's uncertain, yet you still seem absolutely positive that she was town, and I can't figure out how. I can't look at anyone and be certain about them, except for that lovely sheep I see in my mirror every day. :wub:

I understand that some of you want to lynch me. I wish for you guys not to do so, but I can't stop you is you decide to do so. All I ask you is to not let my previous behavior affect your judgement. Please please please look for another lynch subject and only lynch me if you can't find someone else. Lynching me won't disadvantage team scum cause I am not a member. I am just a mere simple townie.

Are you serious? We're not going to get rid of the Cultists by only relying on people who can figure things out at night. We can't simply 'forget' anyone's actions.

If you really are a Villager, you might want to start offering your input at this point. I hope you've been paying better attention than the crazy cow claimed she was. You talk to us as if you're not a part of this Village, which makes me wonder what you are part of.

I know i am not doing much to. Help you guys find a cultist but there isn't much I can do... After a few hours of stimulating Ernies trunk in the hope water comes out, i go to bed and sleep like a baby. There is nothing i can do at night... And we can't look for someone who's behavior is off/odd today since the majority hasn't spoken up yet. The cultists are laughing their megablocks off. Another town lynch and all they have to do is keep quiet till the voting can begin and hop on the bandwagon. By focussing on me the scum flies under the radar!

So, who's flying under the radar according to you then? Who are the Cultists waiting to hop on a bandwagon? If only it were that simple. They probably spread out. Some vote early, even against one of their own, some late.

Because all the other females in this town have eyelashes. You don't. :look:

Now stop looking at me like that. :cry_sad: I do have eyelashes, they're just not that big. :cry3:

With all this rain, it's certainly a good thing no one is getting married today. :sceptic:

I'm sorry. You're fat, too. :laugh:

Wait, that's wrong. :blush:

I'm sorry you're fat, too. That's better! :grin:

Another is the problem I have here. We don't know what Carly was, but I think that most of us believe she was scum, I certainly do, so saying another at this point doesn't seem accurate. At the very least it's uncertain, yet you still seem absolutely positive that she was town, and I can't figure out how. I can't look at anyone and be certain about them, except for that lovely sheep I see in my mirror every day. :wub:

Another refers to me, not to the cow. I voted for her so i tought abd still think she is scum.

Are you serious? We're not going to get rid of the Cultists by only relying on people who can figure things out at night. We can't simply 'forget' anyone's actions.

If you really are a Villager, you might want to start offering your input at this point. I hope you've been paying better attention than the crazy cow claimed she was. You talk to us as if you're not a part of this Village, which makes me wonder what you are part of.

So, who's flying under the radar according to you then? Who are the Cultists waiting to hop on a bandwagon? If only it were that simple. They probably spread out. Some vote early, even against one of their own, some late.

Now stop looking at me like that. :cry_sad: I do have eyelashes, they're just not that big. :cry3:

I'll look back in my memory and search for something suspicious.

BARTENDER! I need a nice cold water on the rocks.

Another refers to me, not to the cow. I voted for her so i tought abd still think she is scum.

Ah, I thought you had gone back to thinking she was innocent.

Well, it seems that Mr. Bulldog, er, oh... I'm sorry, Becka, you're just... so... um... maybe we could get you some better eyelashes, do your makeup and stuff. Yeah! Girls spa and beauty day! :look::sweet:

What was I saying? Oh, right, it seems Becka has already asked for your suspicions, so I guess we'll wait for that and maybe someone can step forward with any theories or observations in the meantime. Might be a good time to review past days and look for something that seems out of place now, that didn't seem so at the time?

We can't just sit around hoping for something good to happen to us. Remember, luck is what you have left over after you give 100%! *passes out lucky pennies anyway*

There's still water in my eyes... :cry_sad: And now there's more. :cry2: Make it stop!!! :cry3:

What was I saying? Oh, right, it seems Becka has already asked for your suspicions, so I guess we'll wait for that and maybe someone can step forward with any theories or observations in the meantime. Might be a good time to review past days and look for something that seems out of place now, that didn't seem so at the time?

So could you... just saying. Personally, I've noticed that Booker Bear and Gilda Goat have been exceedingly quiet during this whole ordeal. They go along with whichever bandwagon is forming, don't add anything, and generally have that "flying under the radar" look to them. I'm sure they're not the only ones around here doing the same, but I've noticed that it seems to be a problem with those two in particular.

looks around my surroundings to make sure there is no mouse

Yes, Portia?? I am here, just standing still looking around to make sure I won't get mouse fright! :cry_sad:

Somehow or another, the chandelier soothen my mind with smile! I wondered where I had seen it before. :blush:

Oh yes, back to the lynch of Day three, I am so easily distracted especially with beautiful bling bling hanging at the top of the ceiling.

So could you... just saying. Personally, I've noticed that Booker Bear and Gilda Goat have been exceedingly quiet during this whole ordeal. They go along with whichever bandwagon is forming, don't add anything, and generally have that "flying under the radar" look to them. I'm sure they're not the only ones around here doing the same, but I've noticed that it seems to be a problem with those two in particular.

Sorry about that, I've been very busy in my office, you simply wouldn't believe how much paperwork some of my patients cause me. In particular that guy who can't keep his "little tail" up, the weight of the long lists of prescriptions I've had to do for him could kill any animal. :wacko: Apart from that I haven't felt I have had much to add so far, I said yesterday that I'm suspicious of Ralphy, and I still am.

Okay, okay, my head is feeling much clearer now. Looks like I need some more shrooms! :drool:

Hmmm. I noticed we didn't see the Firefox this morning, when reviewing the night's events. On the first night of this ordeal he was shown to have appeared after our compadres turned up dead, yet before the scum showed up dead. But then last night, a loyal townie died and the Firefox was nowhere to be seen... Perhaps I'm looking into something that's not there with this fox's appearance, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

As for Ralphy Rabbit, I have been rather suspicious of him. His activity has seemed kind of... off. Some things he's said haven't really made sense and have been pointed out as confusing by several others.

It's not just confusing to my shrooms and I. My shrooms. Mushrooms. My mushrooms, mu myshrooms... mymushrooms... hm... :wacko::drool:Neeigh! (See, at least I confine my confusion to my personality, and not to the serious discussion. :tongue:)

Also of interest, initially the only people who didn't vote for Carly Cow were Carly herself, and Ralphy Rabbit. Instead they voted for Casey in what seems like a grudge carried on from the kerfuffle on day one. Casey rebutted with a rather convincing case, that caused several people to back this and switch from Carly to Ralphy - but obviously not enough to overturn that band-wagon. By the end of the day, Ralphy had switched from Casey onto the bandwagon, perhaps to avoid suspicion? I dunno, maybe I need to step back and look at things objectively here.

*squeak* From what I can gather so far of what's been said today, it seems we are a bit at a loss because of the lack of information about Carly's allegiance. Some people seem to be pursuing the accusations that started against Ralphy yesterday, but so far, even though he's kind of digging a hole for himself by acting like he doesn't care and not trying to help us one bit, I'm not entirely convinced on the subject of him.

I would like to present another case though. Not sure if it's a better case than the one against Ralphy, but I feel like we need to look at a wider angle here, not just get locked into a track, which could be fateful if that track is wrong... So, I've been looking over the voting patterns for the previous two days, and having a look at some of what has been said, and one person has stood out to me, and that person is Horace Horse.

First, on day one, he makes a nonsensical statement about what's going on. Not providing any opinions whatsoever. Then, he adds absolutely nothing until he comes in late, summarizes, and votes for Petey as the last person. He also mentions that if Petey shows up town in the morning, we should look at his list, but come day 2, he does not show the slightest interest in Petey's list (not even after I brought it up).

Fast forward to day 2. First, he makes some observations about the nightly events, such that he hopes the axe killer is the Cultist killer. Nothing to really gain from what he says. But then, he makes a very odd statement (and this one I'm going to quote):

I don't think you can fit a walrus trap in one of those vials. :tongue: But yes, you're right, it's entirely possible one of the vials contained a one-shot kill action... And if it does, we'll need to some how keep it away from the Cultists - we don't want them having more power...

Although, they didn't kill last night. Maybe they need the vials to kill? Nay, neigh, surely that's too unbalanced. I don't think God is that nice to us... :tongue:

What? Are you saying the Cultists didn't kill? But in your previous post, you clearly state that you hope the axe killer is the Cultist killer? You're not only contradicting yourself here, you're stating this as a fact!

Then he goes quiet for a long time while the lynch is beeing discussed, and the bandwagon against Carly is forming, and then, like on day 1, he comes in late, summarizes, and votes for Carly. And after Casey made a case against Ralphy, he is quick to agree with her, but again without providing any further insight. Maybe to just give a gentle nudge towards getting people to switch their vote to Ralphy (saving Carly), or, if Carly was town, to nudge us all into a track of agreeing on the next day's lynch already (since if Horace is a cultist, he would know if they are already planning to janitor Carly, leaving us guessing today).

Horace, what do you have to say for yourself?

*squeak* Have I told you all the story of the legendary Martin Mouse, who could deduce the right answer to any problem or riddle? I hope to be like him some day...

Meh-eh-eh-eh-eh

BARTENDER! I need a nice cold water on the rocks.

Certainly Ralphy.... rocks... mmm they look like diamonds - a girl's best friend!:wub:Hihihihi!

I'd also be most interested to hear who's caught your attention so far. Assuming, as Becka said, you have been paying attention.

I'm sorry, Becka, you're just... so... um... maybe we could get you some better eyelashes, do your makeup and stuff. Yeah! Girls spa and beauty day! :look::sweet:

She does look a bit.. Oh yeah! A girls' day at the spa, why I could have my hair set and my hooves painted; it'd be just swell!:wub:

*ahem* Yeah, you girls should go to the spa while we men do manly things. Like polish glasses, and build stuff. Yeah. :look:

Hmmm. I noticed we didn't see the Firefox this morning, when reviewing the night's events. On the first night of this ordeal he was shown to have appeared after our compadres turned up dead, yet before the scum showed up dead. But then last night, a loyal townie died and the Firefox was nowhere to be seen... Perhaps I'm looking into something that's not there with this fox's appearance, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I even commented about it at the time.

I'm still not convinced that Bristol's death was the result of a scum kill, there's still a conspicuous absence of rituals or fire, and no sighting of the infernal fox last night either, which leads me to wonder exactly what the scum want us to wonder - what the hell have they been up to?

From what I can gather so far of what's been said today, it seems we are a bit at a loss because of the lack of information about Carly's allegiance.

Actually, I was under the impression that most of us were still pretty sure Carly was a scummo, and so the attempt by her fellow scummos to cloud the issue with the janitor is perhaps wasted. Plus most people seem to be looking closely at Ralphy still, and are dissatisfied with his lacklustre responses so far. So... we're not quite at a loss, and we seem to be coping ok without the information about Carly's allegiance. Plus we get to see interesting interactions, like the sweet relationship with Ernie as he tries to defend Ralphy.

I'm just wondering, what would we have actually learned from Carly's death? Everyone was in support of her lynching yesterday, so it's not like we would've learned much about each other from her allegiance. Most of us seem to agree she must've been scum, which seems likely given her reaction to the votes against her, or lack thereof . Working under the assumption that she was scum, I'm thinking the cultists must've been late to vote for Carly.

Unless of course the scum were required to use the janitor action on night 2, as was the case in the original game... of our life. In which case, their choice to steal Carly's body has very little meaning behind it. ROOAAR!

Now that I'm thinking about it, wouldn't Carly have put some more effort into defending herself at the end of the day if she knew her scum buddies were going to janitor her away? You know, to keep her allegiance more ambiguous to us? Because as things have turned out, she has come off pretty strongly as scum.

I feel like I'm going around in circles now. Thoughts?

I would like to present another case though. Not sure if it's a better case than the one against Ralphy, but I feel like we need to look at a wider angle here, not just get locked into a track, which could be fateful if that track is wrong... So, I've been looking over the voting patterns for the previous two days, and having a look at some of what has been said, and one person has stood out to me, and that person is Horace Horse.

First, on day one, he makes a nonsensical statement about what's going on. Not providing any opinions whatsoever. Then, he adds absolutely nothing until he comes in late, summarizes, and votes for Petey as the last person. He also mentions that if Petey shows up town in the morning, we should look at his list, but come day 2, he does not show the slightest interest in Petey's list (not even after I brought it up).

Fast forward to day 2. First, he makes some observations about the nightly events, such that he hopes the axe killer is the Cultist killer. Nothing to really gain from what he says. But then, he makes a very odd statement (and this one I'm going to quote):

What? Are you saying the Cultists didn't kill? But in your previous post, you clearly state that you hope the axe killer is the Cultist killer? You're not only contradicting yourself here, you're stating this as a fact!

Then he goes quiet for a long time while the lynch is beeing discussed, and the bandwagon against Carly is forming, and then, like on day 1, he comes in late, summarizes, and votes for Carly. And after Casey made a case against Ralphy, he is quick to agree with her, but again without providing any further insight. Maybe to just give a gentle nudge towards getting people to switch their vote to Ralphy (saving Carly), or, if Carly was town, to nudge us all into a track of agreeing on the next day's lynch already (since if Horace is a cultist, he would know if they are already planning to janitor Carly, leaving us guessing today).

Personally, I haven't seen anything wrong with Horace's behaviour. I'm not sure why being the last to vote for a townie would be a cultist sign - surely a cultist would try to avoid getting their name attached to a townie-lynch if their vote isn't going to effect the decision? I notice that in the day 2 link you provided, he does in fact remind us of Petey's list - although he doesn't go any further with it than that. Horace's mention of no cultist night-kill is an interesting catch though, and worth looking into.

Before I go, I'd like to raise my most important point. I believe that-

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz...

So could you... just saying.

Fair enough, perhaps it is time to share a few things that have been bothering me.

Since day 1, I've thought it was odd for Pennie to be so insistent that she get the credit for first accusing, then voting for Petey, who turned out innocent. It's a pretty daring thing to do, and not something you would expect out of the scum, but also not something that a smart townie would do, since no one could know anyone's alignment at that point. I went back to review day 1, as I suggested we all do, to see if something seemed out of place that maybe wasn't before. That day goes on and on with seemingly pointless rambling, but in it all, I noticed a few things.

Well after fixing up all the baby-carriages, leaky pipes, and bent crankshafts for the day I'm glad to see everyone is still getting along fairly well.

*Goes over and sniffs Petey's rump*

You remind me of a leaky proportional valve I was working on today. :classic: Anyways, seems like Petey here had a reaction to a jokester and it didn't sit well with Gordon. Pennie here assumes everyone reacts to a joke just like she does, but from personal experience I don't think Petey enjoys jokes very much so it seems consistant with her, but hey people have been known to have split personalities before, but I'm only a mechanic so we best find a snake-charming pyschytrist if we want a professional opinion. I do find it interesting however, on how quick Pennie chimes in with her agreement with Gordon as if she was just waiting for an opportunity to jump on someone.

Given that Baxter was just killed for no apparent reason and the fact that it was day 1, when there really shouldn't be any strong alliances, it kind of stuck out to me.

and...

But Pennie, you just claimed that you had the first accusation against Petey, when actually it was Gordon who said that Petey was a bit too defensive. Please try to clarify what you are saying in the future. I still think you were too hasty on agreeing with Gordon and you've done it a few more times since then.

Anyways moving onward, Casey is not the only one Petey contacted. Mr. Panda also chatted with me about the encroaching lynch on him. I can understand that someone would try to contact those who were more level-headed, especially those who are not on the "you reacted too defensively and must therefore be evil" bandwagon.

Also is your list really necessary Mr. Rabbit? I think we all can do this on our own and your attempt to look helpful especially with a options list has been done time and time again by the evil people in the storybooks. But thank you anyways, at least you are saying something.

You'll notice that here, he's still riding Pennie for not doing what she had claimed, instead noticing that it was Gordon. There are times that you could confuse the two during the day, because they were either saying things that agreed strongly with each other, or defending each other (mostly Gordon defending Pennie once a few votes for her had appeared).

Here Pennie admits that no one knows anything on day 1, but that doesn't stop her from then using that as an excuse to "take a stand and vote for them" while claiming we'd "get the most out of lynching Petey."

Because the way I see it, its the only thing I've seen today thats worthy of lynching (and maybe the confusion of Casey, but it appears Petey contacted a few people). Day 1 is filled with a lot of roleplaying and a lot of confusion since well nobody knows anything. If I see that in someone, I take a stand and vote for them. At the moment, I still feel we would get the most out of lynching Petey. If he is scum, we can look at who defended him from the start, and if he is town then we know that some of the vote's were by scum. Plus I genuinely think he is scum. :sceptic:

The reason why I was adamant at voting for Petey is because I actually want to take credit for it, I have a really big feeling, both gut and what we have seen today that he is scum, and we might be lucky. By being so adamant about it, I'm willing to take credit for it to if he is town and face the consequences.

Notice how empty those words ended up being? Did we even call him out for "being so adamant" and wrong? Did we get anything out of lynching Petey, aside from losing a town vote?

I'm going to defend the Pig. For one reason, and I know I'm treading into "the dick" territory (not what you think it means) by saying this, but so be it. The reason I am going to do it is because I hate stupidity. And the people voting for Pennie are displaying just that. Stupidity. They have one argument, one that could in combination with other events perhaps be constructed as suspicious, yes. But definitely not in the case.

So. The animals that so far have voted for Pennie are Seamus Sheepdog, Ernie Elephant, Brigit Bunny and now Maurice Mouse.

Yes he had tunnelvision, a bad thing? Sure. Suspicious? Hell no. Why is that suspicious? Now, the one and only argument you guys seem to be revering is this: Why does he want to be responsible for the lynch. I can think of a few reasons that don't involve him being scum. come on guys, think. Use your brain, don't be stupid and think he is scum because of this.

You ask why he is tunnelvisioning on Petey? Hello, have you not been paying attention to Petey's behaviour? I'm just going to say this right now: It's either scummy or nonsensical, face it. If you say otherwise, it's a lie. People say "his behaviour is consistent". I like to remind you that he played a bad guy in the latest play. Consistent? Maybe, but that would completely ruin your argument. Get it together.

You who are voting for Pennie need to do some serious reading back or come up with an actual reason, because this is just annoying to watch.

If it's stupid to defend Petey, why isn't it at least as stupid to defend Pennie? Yet if you read the day, you'd think that Pennie and Gordon were married the way they back up each other's thoughts and suspicions. I don't understand trusting anyone that much on day 1, but apparently Gordon trusted Pennie that much as he attempted to sway the few votes against her. Didn't someone say that Petey had been defensive earlier in the day? What's this, if not defensive?

I know from what I have seen that Petey is whom I believe is the most likely to be scum and he is the one whose death may give us some hints. His stupidity is the part which is the gut feeling. :hmpf:

This is evidence, 'stupidity'? Did we get any hints that I missed?

*glances at her 4 leaf clover and her good luck charms*

The day literally drones on from there with people making comments that Petey should relax, it isn't like there's a lynch coming, which is exactly what there was. I could quote oddities all day, but the only other one that was completely unrelated to the above villagers was Edgar's last minute vote, then unvote an hour later, which came literally an hour before the end of the day. It was almost like he wanted to make sure he didn't end up on the list of people who lynched Petey, despite his previous comment that he felt he needed to vote to prevent holding up progress (progress that I don't think we ever made from the bad lynch).

So the next day, we obviously see an apology and maybe even some kind of explanation from Pennie, how could that not happen? Well, we got a total of 2 posts out of her (talk about flying under the radar after being instrumental in a bad lynch). These two:

*huh*

Bollocks, Oink

Well at least we know theres a crazy bear trap cult killer out there/ or indeed a vial which sounds a lot more likely. Although I would have thought the vial would have killed someone the next day!

and much much later, just in time for another bad vote...

I agree of everything you've said and what's been said by others. Gonna jump on the bandwagon today since I was such a twat yesterday and deserve no better than to have been voted off today. :sadnew: Oh well, lets hope day 2 turns out to have been better!

Vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono)

Oink Oink

I guess that's an apology? At least it's more careful consideration than her day 1 vote, it's ... jumping on the bandwagon. And that was it. Amazing that Pennie had so much time to talk one day and so little to say after the horrible results of that day were revealed.

There's some stuff that bugs me. Through it all, I don't know if that's the product of stupidity or scumminess, so I present it for your consideration, maybe someone knows something I don't about all of this.

*ahem* Yeah, you girls should go to the spa while we men do manly things. Like polish glasses, and build stuff. Yeah. :look:

You could come with us, to like, hold our purses and stuff. We might even dress you up in something frilly and get your nails painted too! :sweet:

Just don't walk under any ladders or anything, ok? :sceptic:

*squeak*

Actually, I was under the impression that most of us were still pretty sure Carly was a scummo, and so the attempt by her fellow scummos to cloud the issue with the janitor is perhaps wasted. Plus most people seem to be looking closely at Ralphy still, and are dissatisfied with his lacklustre responses so far. So... we're not quite at a loss, and we seem to be coping ok without the information about Carly's allegiance. Plus we get to see interesting interactions, like the sweet relationship with Ernie as he tries to defend Ralphy.

Funny then, that the voting opened some time ago, but the votes aren't exactly piling on Ralphy, are they? So there is still some hesitation, no?

Personally, I haven't seen anything wrong with Horace's behaviour. I'm not sure why being the last to vote for a townie would be a cultist sign - surely a cultist would try to avoid getting their name attached to a townie-lynch if their vote isn't going to effect the decision? I notice that in the day 2 link you provided, he does in fact remind us of Petey's list - although he doesn't go any further with it than that. Horace's mention of no cultist night-kill is an interesting catch though, and worth looking into.

The way I see it, Horace's behaviour is the exact type of behaviour one would except from a Cultist: Not engaging in discussion about lynch candidates (so neither defending nor accusing), summarizing to appear helpful, voting when the target seems to be set in stone anyway, agreeing with the herd. He nods along, appears helpful, but adds nothing of value. Exactly a type of behaviour that doesn't draw any attention, because as you say, there is nothing wrong with his behaviour. That's exactly why I find him scummy! Plus his weird slip up of the no-cultist kill, which was what attracted my attention in the first place, and made me look deeper into how he's been acting.

This reminds me of a story I heard at the docks, about a bunch of hesitating animals on an island, far far away... blablabbla ... and then the lion said ... blablabla ... is anyone listening? :look:

Becka my dear one, grab those nipple clamps and tie me down to the bed, we're in for a night of fun. :wub:

I'm a little unsure where to go today. The case against Ralphy seems plausible, and we don't exactly have any other leads currently. I find Horrace's notes on the voting patterns interesting too, they certainly add a little weight to the discussions. I'll give this a bit more thought and review what has been said before making a decision.

Well, seeing as we're announcing suspicions, I'm finding Booker odd. He is so quiet, and even when he talks, it's mostly his quirky nature. I'm worried he's preparing the cutlery for when everyone eats me! :cry_sad:

On the first day, he was so quiet, he only spoke up as much as Bristol. Even then, he seemed to add even less to the discussion, but nobody seemed to mention him as overly quiet.

Yesterday, he spoke up once more than the day before, although they were all relatively pointless. In the morning, he regurgitated all the usual things we say, blending in with the rest of us. Later on, he added even less, only 'Grrr'-ing and drooling (Note to self: Bear noticeably salivated upon seeing me, clearly wants to eat me.), adding nothing to the debate. Near the end of the day, he only turns up to vote.

Today - although only halfway through - he has so far managed to join in with everyone in agreeing that the night's events were odd. And, just recently...

I'm a little unsure where to go today. The case against Ralphy seems plausible, and we don't exactly have any other leads currently. I find Horrace's notes on the voting patterns interesting too, they certainly add a little weight to the discussions. I'll give this a bit more thought and review what has been said before making a decision.

... on the contrary, we seem to have several leads. I eagerly await hearing your review of the events here. :sweet:

Nei-he-heigh! Just as I was about to turn in for a nap, too... <yawn> Allow me to address your concerns before starting on my new batch of tasty tasty shrooms. :sweet:
First, on day one, he makes a nonsensical statement about what's going on. Not providing any opinions whatsoever.
Please, my first contribution wasn't on page 11 that late in to the day. I started the day the same as any one else, and when I next checked in a lot had happened and I needed to get my bearings. Not wanting to pop in without saying anything, I said that. I did share some opinions too, if you'd bother to look in to what I said instead of skimming it and labelling it 'nonsensical'. :sceptic: I thought that the reason proposed for a lynch was - from what I'd gathered - hardly a reason for a lynch. That was my opinion on the matter then.
Then, he adds absolutely nothing until he comes in late, summarizes, and votes for Petey as the last person.
My apologies for being busy. Someone has to vote last, as our dearly departed Petey pointed out, and I responded to that then, thank you very much.
He also mentions that if Petey shows up town in the morning, we should look at his list, but come day 2, he does not show the slightest interest in Petey's list (not even after I brought it up).
Geez Maurice, it's almost as if you're trying to make me look bad. :cry_sad: I did bring that up again, in the quote you referenced even. (Third line down, little to the right. It's the link to, oh hey, Petey's list...)

Yes, my first statement yesterday was trying to make sense of the night's events. I said, was that I hoped - against popular opinion - that the axe-killer was a scum (as if it weren't then the implications would be unpleasant). However, I still had it in my head that the axe-killer wasn't scum (despite what I hoped)- mainly thanks to what Cameron and Portia said. Therefore, when I next spoke, I just ran with my thoughts. I didn't contradict myself as I didn't say the axe-killer was scum, or even that I thought he was scum. You're confusing thoughts with hopes, although I suppose my wording didn't help. I apologise. And I didn't mean for my 'stating as fact' to be interpreted as fact, I was just galloping with my thoughts there.
Then he goes quiet for a long time while the lynch is beeing discussed, and the bandwagon against Carly is forming, and then, like on day 1, he comes in late, summarizes, and votes for Carly.
What do you have against summaries? :wacko: I made it clear that that summary was to lay out to myself why people were voting for Carly, so I could assess and either agree or disagree with it instead of just jumping on the band-wagon without a thought.
And after Casey made a case against Ralphy, he is quick to agree with her, but again without providing any further insight. Maybe to just give a gentle nudge towards getting people to switch their vote to Ralphy (saving Carly), or, if Carly was town, to nudge us all into a track of agreeing on the next day's lynch already (since if Horace is a cultist, he would know if they are already planning to janitor Carly, leaving us guessing today).
Yeah, I totally jumped on that out of the blue. :hmpf: It's not like I pointed out that I found Ralphy weird (again in the post you referenced before Casey even made her casey...
Yeah, I noticed that too. I even commented about it at the time.

Oh, so you did. :blush: Credit to you for planting that thought in my mind then. :tongue: Still, I was suggesting that perhaps the order in which he appeared has something to do with anything, but I'm less inclined to think it's that complex, or even relevant since he didn't show up last night. Maybe he's just there to confuse us. Like a crow or something. :cry_sad:

Now if you don't mind, these mushrooms are looking particularly potent - potent with flavour of course, and I'm dying to try them out. I'll be back after I sleep it off.