42011 Action Racingcar

42000 Grand Prix Racer

42002 Hovercraft

42004 Mini Backhoe

42006 crawler excavators

42007 Motocross Bike

42010 Action Race-Buggy

42011 Action Racingcar

The word "Action" stands out to me in two of the titles. Why use this word instead of just race buggy and race car? It makes me wonder if they are part of some new theme like "Arctic Action" was way back in 1986. Or maybe they have some special function that makes them move like the Speed Slammers or pull back motors.

The word "Action" stands out to me in two of the titles. Why use this word instead of just race buggy and race car? It makes me wonder if they are part of some new theme like "Arctic Action" was way back in 1986. Or maybe they have some special function that makes them move like the Speed Slammers or pull back motors.

Edited by nrg

I think its pull back motor, but Im not sure, because I didnt even think they deserve second look. Sets like this dont have much in common with technic.

I think its pull back motor, but Im not sure, because I didnt even think they deserve second look. Sets like this dont have much in common with technic.

I agree which is why I am interested in what LEGO has in mind here. I think the Technic brand was heavily diluted in the late 90's and early 2000's with unrelated products. For instance, Speed Slammers, Robo Riders, Slizer, and even Bionicle at first were all marketed as Technic, but really weren't Technic. There was some crossover with Racers as well. I don't necessarily have any problem with any of those products, but I don't think they were really Technic and I think they made it harder for consumers to understand what they were going to get when they purchased a set that said "Technic" on the box. Technic means that the model will be realistic and functional, not just a plaything. The Speed Slammers come to mind. There was nothing functional about them, but they WERE made of Technic parts. To me, a Technic model means more than just being made of Technic parts. The Star Wars Technic models were not really Technic, with the possible exception of the Destroyer Droid which was awesome. I am glad they exist though, because that's the only way we got Technic parts in rare colors!

PLEASE tell me either 42000 or 42006 is Blue!!

Other than that, no big thrills to me. Looks like I'll be getting more than 1 Extreme Crawler.

grand prix(42000) is red/white and the excavator/material handler(42006) is yellow, sorry, no blue, but with this interesting line up(race cars/buggies) I wouldnt be surprised to see crazy colors like blue or greendefault_wubnew.gif

42000 Grand Prix Racer

42001 Hovercraft

42002 Mini Backhoe

42003 Action Racecar

42004 Action Race Buggy

42005 Motocross Bike

42006 Material Handler

Am I right in assuming that none of these will feature pneumatics? The Material Handler looks as if it used a linear actuator...

Correct in both cases.

For me 1h sets are rarely interesting, which is too bad, because I allways treat my self with large technic set for new years holidays. I usualy waited with 2h flagship until new year, but this year out TT competion forced me to purchase 9398 earlier and I am lef without set to build fo rnew year. Grand prix racer is nice, but if I saw correctly its february release (like 8070 and log loader in past years). I guess I will have to go for only large set I dont yet have: 8421 :)

I have no doubts that 2h will also be spectacular. Lego technic team is reall doing good job lately. I dont have any information about though, except that its gooing to be something big and remote controlled (possibly large crane).

Edit: I saw this at TB:

• 42000 Grand Prix Racer / 99,99€ / Feb-Mar
  • 42001 Hovercraft / 14,99€ / Jan
  • 42002 Mini Backhoe / 19,99€ / Jan
  • 42003 Action Racecar / 19,99€ / Jan
  • 42004 Action Race Buggy / 19,99€ / Jan
  • 42005 Motocross Bike / 19,99€ / Jan
  • 42006 Material Handler / 59,99€ / Jan

• 42007 Motocross Bike
  • 42010 Race Buggy
  • 42011 Racing Car

Motocross bikes price is wrong. Its at least 29,99euro, if not even 39,99 (I dont remember exactly, butits size is way to big for 19,99 set)

Edited by Cwetqo

I always have a hard time to decide whether to purchase a set or not.

Since i don't want to spend to much on lego, information about sets is most welcome.

Your (Qwetqo) statement about 2nd half of 2013 almost forces me to wait a loooooooong time to purchase something.

I don't know of that makes me :sweet: or :angry:

For me 1h sets are rarely interesting, which is too bad, because I allways treat my self with large technic set for new years holidays.

Maybe you can get a legendary flagship set on the used market this time − unless you already have them all.

If one of the 2H sets would be RC, I guess they would be the 42011 racing car using an L-motor (or 2) not as far geared down as in the crawler. That would mean that we would get a model that, given it isn't too heavy, could reach 3 to 6 km/h.(in scale speed maybe 72 or 90 km/h(1:12 or 1:15 scale) It would be fun to have a original technic model that you would have to do at least a brisk walk to keep up with it.

I dont have any information about though, except that its gooing to be something big and remote controlled (possibly large crane)

That would be nice.:sweet:

I wonder what the B model would be..........oh wait it will probably be another truck crane.........:laugh:

Hope it's not RC, that would be boring IMHO.

You're absolutely right :sadnew:

I hope the formule 1 racer has the tires of the nitro muscle :wub:

The material handler is interesting. So far, it doesn't appear as if any of the 1h 2013 have motors. I wonder if the material handler has a motor and gearbox to control the various functions, similar to the log loader or helicopter.

Hope it's not RC, that would be boring IMHO.

I agree.

Yah, I like rc things but if they are not cars or crawlers :thumbdown: . I like the technical rc stuff like cranes, bulldozers, and excavators :classic: .

I've been researching material handlers like Sennebogen. It appears that I may not have to build my own now. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the new sets. :classic:

Nice to hear about 2H.Big, spectacular set i want.But RC sound dissaponting to me, because rc sets are overpriced and 2 rc sets in row sounds strange.

Crawler crane will be great. :sweet:

Saw the 1st half technic lineup this morning in a retailers catalogue, in full glory

to be honest, except the material handler it's a tad disappointing

42000 Grand Prix Racer

42001 Hovercraft - Colour Scheme poor, but it's a £5 set

42002 Mini Backhoe - This looks poor, all functions seemed to be controlled by knobs on the function, knob on the buckets, Looks like a very empty set, just beams to create a rough backhoe shape and thats it, yellow and black in colour as expected.

42003 Action Racecar - basic pull back car, can't remember the colours, small set though, £10 at a guess

42004 Action Race Buggy - basic pull back car, can't remember the colours, small set though, £10 at a guess

42005 Motocross Bike - Something about the length of this model looks wrong, it's orange and black in colour, it might just have been the picture that made it look odd, definately a £20 set

42006 Material Handler - Really good, to be honest, the only set that actually looks like any effort has been put into the design, nice to see the 5 claw grabber is opened and closed from the base of the machine via cogs and axles rather than the usual copout of knob on the grabber or bucket as we have seen so often recently, The claw is actually really well designed and looks tough. Hopefully a £50 set, although no signs of power functions, it had at least 1 large linear actuator.

Roll on 2nd Half!

Paul

Edited by paul_delahaye