Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Two

Meh-eh-eh-eh-eh. Apologies for being so late with speaking up dear people, I've been busy putting up cupboards in my kitchen, and with the amount of drink Cameron had last night he surely wasn't any help. :hmpf_bad:

Now, I'm not going to repeat what people have been saying, except that I'm looking forward to hearing what dear Carly has to say.

Mooooo :hmpf_bad:

I had noticed that Carly was very quick in dismissing the lynch against Petey, before a single vote had been cast. And we did say that we would look at people who seemed to know Petey was town. She did point out that there were other lurkers besides Bristol, though didn't make it clear of whom she was talking until Portia had already voted for Wallace. It does strike me as rather culty behaviour.

I'll be perfectly honest with you, when I said that, I hadn't paid attention to most of the day, and I thought votes had already been cast. :blush: I'm not letting it get away from me this time.

Also, Mr. Alligator, I pointed out that Wallace was a lurker BEFORE she voted for him. :wink:

What exactly did Petey say that convinced you he wasn't a cultist? I thought what he said made him look rather scummy, personally. :sceptic:*snap*

Everything from him taking Ernie's joke seriously to his hasty defense screamed town. Don't yooooou think scum would have handled themselves better than he did? :hmpf:

It's a list that clearly lacks validity; notice the absence of Wallace? Clearly we should take the list with a pinch of salt.

This is a logical fallacy. Did I ever say that the list was 100% correct? No. Was it supposed to be 100% correct? No. You're trying to get us to not look at the list for some reason, giving us the reason "it wasn't completely right!". Tsk tsk.

Speaking of Wallace, when are you going to answer Portia's questions about why you defended him?

This has been answered many times over. Lynching a lurker that day would have not given us anything, and Portia's reluctance to vote one of the main candidates was completely contrary. In my opinion, there should be 2-3 main candidates that everyone votes between. Splitting the vote onto others just makes it harder to decipher the voting pattern.

Or Shawna's question (although not direct solely at you), asking why you felt so strongly about Petey's lynch. I know you said you 'listened to what he had to say', but I think she was looking for something... more. And, please hurry up this time, I know it took you till just now to answer my question from yesterday, and I think we require speedier answers. Maybe you're just too busy preparing the sauce dip for when you eat me! :cry_sad:

I felt strongly about his lynch because he was one of my most consistent townreads yesterday and lynching town is detrimental to the town. Would you have preferred that I sat around and said "Oh, well, I think he's town, but have fun, kids. I won't try to stop you even though he's the nicest Polar Bear this side of the Mississippi"? Duly noted. I'll make sure to remain passive in the future. :sweet:

As for why I'm taking so long, I have a lot going on right now - I'm literally doing three things at once here. I can still think about and assess our situation well, but I can't answer your questions lightning-fast. And of course, that makes me a cultist. :hmpf: Fucking flawless, Ms. Weasel.

I hope y'all are noticing how Dr. Fuckwit's pushing on me for literally nothing. Might be with taking into account. :sweet:

You're not the only one multi-tasking, Carly. I have a successful chain of grocery stores to run, Harriet Slutter books to read, and a husband to satisfy in every possible way. WOOF! And I'm still finding time to help catch the cultists.

Your answer was unsatisfactory. It doesn't matter how many candidates there were for a lynch. You were only pushing me to change my vote from Wallace. You never hounded Pancho to change his vote from Bristol. Why is that?

Your answer was unsatisfactory. It doesn't matter how many candidates there were for a lynch. You were only pushing me to change my vote from Wallace. You never hounded Pancho to change his vote from Bristol. Why is that?

I was not pushing your vote from Wallace. :wall: I told you that voting the lurkers was a bad idea, and that went for Bristol too.

Besides, you made it clear that neither would be lynched, right? If that was the case, why would I need to push your vote off of Wallace, hmm? If he was my teammate I would have seen the direction the lynch was going and not wasted my time and stuck my neck out trying to save him from one lousy vote.

As for Pancho, he followed you, so I figured that if I stopped a bad idea early, I'd be able to stop it entirely. :hmpf:

Moo to you. :hmpf_bad:

Squeak.

I'll be perfectly honest with you, when I said that, I hadn't paid attention to most of the day, and I thought votes had already been cast. :blush: I'm not letting it get away from me this time.

Always a good strategy. :thumbup:Note to self: Stay away from Cow, practically admitted to spending all day making the sauce for when the eat me.

Also, Mr. Alligator, I pointed out that Wallace was a lurker BEFORE she voted for him. :wink:

As did I. Before you, if I recall correctly.

Everything from him taking Ernie's joke seriously to his hasty defense screamed town. Don't yooooou think scum would have handled themselves better than he did? :hmpf:

Precise example, please. Was it when Petey lost it after becoming scrutinised, or declared his innocence just after one vote against him. I'm having difficulties knowing when you saw it as a certain he was town, especially after you admit to paying attention.

This is a logical fallacy. Did I ever say that the list was 100% correct? No. Was it supposed to be 100% correct? No. You're trying to get us to not look at the list for some reason, giving us the reason "it wasn't completely right!". Tsk tsk.

Uh, lets look at what I said... Hmm? Odd, I didn't say it wasn't 100% incorrect, nor did I say you said it was 100% correct. I actually said "Clearly we should take the list with a pinch of salt". Have you not been paying attention? Still making the sauce? :cry_sad:

This has been answered many times over. Lynching a lurker that day would have not given us anything, and Portia's reluctance to vote one of the main candidates was completely contrary. In my opinion, there should be 2-3 main candidates that everyone votes between. Splitting the vote onto others just makes it harder to decipher the voting pattern.

There was only 2-3: Petey, Casey and Pennie. The votes against Bristol and Wallace was just to get them to speak up.

I felt strongly about his lynch because he was one of my most consistent townreads yesterday and lynching town is detrimental to the town. Would you have preferred that I sat around and said "Oh, well, I think he's town, but have fun, kids. I won't try to stop you even though he's the nicest Polar Bear this side of the Mississippi"? Duly noted. I'll make sure to remain passive in the future. :sweet:

:oh: But, Carly? How did you decipher Petey's allegiance on a day in which you didn't pay attention! Tell us you secrets, you could save us townies!

As for why I'm taking so long, I have a lot going on right now - I'm literally doing three things at once here. I can still think about and assess our situation well, but I can't answer your questions lightning-fast. And of course, that makes me a cultist. :hmpf: Fucking flawless, Ms. Weasel.

I was referring to why you only today addressed a point that was put forward twice yesterday.

I hope y'all are noticing how Dr. Fuckwit's pushing on me for literally nothing. Might be with taking into account. :sweet:

I hope you all like name calling. Carly is good at it! :sweet:

WOOF!

No you were the one who kept insisting that I was lynching lurkers with my one little vote. We all know how fast a bandwagon can start. If more people had noticed Wallace's lack of response, one could have started. For all we know, your insisting that my vote was silly could have deterred more people from joining me.

Doctor Who?! The only doctor in this town is Gilda, and I don't think that's her last name...

You should be mindful of your temper and not resort to name calling lest you want an even bigger target on your back, you filthy cow.

What? She is filthy, just look at the color of her hide. Aren't all cows supposed to be white with black dots? :wacko:

BOING!

Not a single vote had been cast at that point. You weren't paying attention to the day, but you had a solid read from the statements Petey had made to be absolutely sure she was a villager? You're lying. :hmpf:*snap*

You pointed out someone, but it wasn't clear from all your Mad Cow confusion whom you were talking about.

No! He was defending himself for no good reason. It needed to be followed up. I would have thought a townie would handle themselves better - they wouldn't need to defend themselves so early on.

I cannot understand what made Petey's comments convince you 100% that he was town, yet Casey's convince you 100% the other way.

*snap-snap!*

Always a good strategy. :thumbup:Note to self: Stay away from Cow, practically admitted to spending all day making the sauce for when the eat me.

No need to get sarcastic with me, Mindy, yesterday was a busy day for me. :hmpf: I'm a little more free today.

Precise example, please. Was it when Petey lost it after becoming scrutinised, or declared his innocence just after one vote against him. I'm having difficulties knowing when you saw it as a certain he was town, especially after you admit to paying attention.

Like I said, yesterday was a busy day for me. I didn't keep specific examples up, although I did make an effort to pay extra close attention to what he said.

And, for the record, it was when he first began panicking with his defense. That screamed town to me.

Uh, lets look at what I said... Hmm? Odd, I didn't say it wasn't 100% incorrect, nor did I say you said it was 100% correct. I actually said "Clearly we should take the list with a pinch of salt". Have you not been paying attention? Still making the sauce? :cry_sad:

Yooooooou knew what you meant. Yooooooou said that because he didn't get Wallace right, we shouldn't pay attention to it. That in itself is a major logic fallacy - his list could be almost completely correct except for Wallace. And yet yoooooou want to ignore it. How interesting... :look:

There was only 2-3: Petey, Casey and Pennie. The votes against Bristol and Wallace was just to get them to speak up.

And I said that those were bad ideas because they only pushed the voted to say "Oh hey, look at that, I'm getting voted. I'm town. Please don't kill me" and if they continued with their vote, it would take away from valuable information as to who voted the important suspects. What's so hard toooooo understand here?

:oh: But, Carly? How did you decipher Petey's allegiance on a day in which you didn't pay attention! Tell us you secrets, you could save us townies!

I already told yooooou, Mindy. :hmpf:

I hope you all like name calling. Carly is good at it! :sweet:

Yes, and I'm sorry for being snappish. I just hate it when people come out of nowhere with baseless accusations when I'm trying my best to help the village win. :hmpf:

No you were the one who kept insisting that I was lynching lurkers with my one little vote. We all know how fast a bandwagon can start. If more people had noticed Wallace's lack of response, one could have started. For all we know, your insisting that my vote was silly could have deterred more people from joining me.

You say that, yet a true bandwagon never really formed against anyone other than Petey. :hmpf:

No! He was defending himself for no good reason. It needed to be followed up. I would have thought a townie would handle themselves better - they wouldn't need to defend themselves so early on.

That's an idealistic thing to think. A culty has problems with being accused and they panic, but they have a whole team to back them up, right? Townies do not. We have no one to say "You can do it, champ!" when we get accused, so we panic.

MeOW.

I've been at a loss for words for some time now. I'm sorry for practically shutting down yesterday/this morning...

Concerning yesterday's events, I think the reason that lead yesterday's lynch was a lack of perspective on all sides (mine included). There was a lot of tunnel vision going on and it got to the point where the big four in the discussion became the lynch considerations because there wasn't much else to go on. I think out of this, the three of us can individually be accused of pushing a lynch or we can be accused of being misguided villagers. Despite having lynched a villager, there's a good amount of info to gain from reactions outside of the big four, so I hope we haven't lynched Petey in vain.

I'm starting to get in the groove of things here today, so I'll see if I can offer some input of my own. :purrr:

Neigh. Mrrrrp?

That's an idealistic thing to think. A culty has problems with being accused and they panic, but they have a whole team to back them up, right? Townies do not. We have no one to say "You can do it, champ!" when we get accused, so we panic.

Except no cultist in their right mind would back their teammates up if they had been directly accused. :hmpf:

I think Carly's discussions speak for themselves. Personally I find her to be very suspicious since yesterday, because of what other people have pointed out. I hate to just be a follower here, but this is what makes sense. I also haven't seen Pennie around today, maybe she can shed some light on our situation?

Indeed, you did:

And as far as lurkers go, what about the seal? He hasn't said much, although he's always quiet... :look:

But why specifically Wallace (assuming you were referring to him by 'the seal')? You seem to be making an issue of pointing out a, now confirmed, Cultist as a lurker yesterday.

And, for the record, it was when he first began panicking with his defense. That screamed town to me.

Mind defining what 'pro-town' means in your book then? :sceptic: You said this when voting was well underway:

While Petey isn't particularly pro-town, I don't see why you're death tunneling him. :sceptic: He pointed out where Ernie was saying something concerning - even if it was a joke - and you pounced on him for it just like the lion you are. Of course, when being death tunneled, he'd be defensive - wouldn't you if someone was coming at you all self-righteously and calling for your head?

Squeak.

Like I said, yesterday was a busy day for me. I didn't keep specific examples up, although I did make an effort to pay extra close attention to what he said.

So, you were too busy to notice when the voting started, but not too busy to pay extra close attention to Petey? Maybe you come find some examples of Petey's obvious innocence that made you vehemently deny a lynch against her.

Oh, you've narrowed down the field. Should make it quicker for you to find examples! :thumbup:

Yooooooou knew what you meant. Yooooooou said that because he didn't get Wallace right, we shouldn't pay attention to it. That in itself is a major logic fallacy - his list could be almost completely correct except for Wallace. And yet yoooooou want to ignore it. How interesting... :look:

Ha! Your physic powers need some work; I meant what I said. I didn't want to ignore, I wanted to take it with a pinch of salt. It's called being straightforward, it's a useful trait when you're on the towns side. The list can't be %100 accurate, as we know it isn't. But, feel free to make it look like I've said something I haven't. But feel free to keep on embellishing what I said. Not only is it, as you say "interesting... :look: ", but it will give you something to do instead of making the Mindy Mouse-sauce. :cry_sad:

And I said that those were bad ideas because they only pushed the voted to say "Oh hey, look at that, I'm getting voted. I'm town. Please don't kill me" and if they continued with their vote, it would take away from valuable information as to who voted the important suspects. What's so hard toooooo understand here?

But, why? What valuable information can be attained from the '2-3' vote chains that you say you want? The cultists were probably spread all over the votes, so it doesn't matter if there is four or two, so what is this 'valuable information' you can ascertain from '2-3' voting chains?

Rrrroof!

I know a lot has been said about the cow, but could one of the accusers put their accusation in a logical format. Right now all I see is a lot of arguing back and forth about Petey's list and whether we should pay attention to it or not and on that note I think the mouse I'm curious as to why the mouse thinks it can't be 100% accurate?

Ha! Your physic powers need some work; I meant what I said. I didn't want to ignore, I wanted to take it with a pinch of salt. It's called being straightforward, it's a useful trait when you're on the towns side. The list can't be %100 accurate, as we know it isn't. But, feel free to make it look like I've said something I haven't. But feel free to keep on embellishing what I said. Not only is it, as you say "interesting... :look: ", but it will give you something to do instead of making the Mindy Mouse-sauce. :cry_sad:

None of the animals on Petey's list have come up town yet and you are willing to state that it is impossible for it to be 100% accurate. We need to refrain from speaking with absolutes as there is always a possibility of a different scenario, for instance, Petey's list could be 100% accurate. I'm not saying that it is, but please don't ignore the possibility.

Anyways continuing on with Carly, has anyone else bothered to go back and contemplate on what was said the other day? This whole disagreement seems based upon voting methods, whether getting lurkers to talk or not is worth the effort. I can see Carly's frustration with Portia, who at some point seemed like she was in left field with her idea. But I'm fascinated that Carly decided to fixate on that point instead of accepting their difference and moving on. If Carly knew that Portia was only out to get lurkers to say a word and then unvote, why would she worry about it? A scum only needs to convince a majority of the town to agree with them (lynch one of the main canadites), they don't have to worry about those minorities in the town (those trying to get lurkers to talk) who don't go along with their plan. Even if Carly is a scum trying to protect the lurker Wallace, it would seem to me that she had no need to worry/fixate on Portia because Portia even said that she wasn't out to lynch the lurkers. This isn't to say that Carly still can't be scum, but I'm trying to wrap my poor little head around it all.

None of the animals on Petey's list have come up town yet and you are willing to state that it is impossible for it to be 100% accurate. We need to refrain from speaking with absolutes as there is always a possibility of a different scenario, for instance, Petey's list could be 100% accurate. I'm not saying that it is, but please don't ignore the possibility.

Wallace - who was alive at the time - wasn't on in. I very much doubt there were more than five cultists on day one, ergo it is safe to assume that the list isn't 100% accurate.

Interlude

019.jpg

It is late morning and all the residents of Winter Haven are still attempting to figure out what all the clues from the night mean. Everyone barks, roofs, woofs, bawks, purrs, squeaks, roars, boings, bitches about having to make animal noises, bleats, neighs, growls, faps, moos, whatever that goat sound is called, hippo-moos and elephant-neighs about the deaths and what they mean for the Village.

Lazlo Lion admires the fountain that completed restoration during his trip to Summer Brook.

"It looks quite beautiful," he roars in approval. "Maurice, you are the local legend expert. Who was this bird?"

020.jpg

"Oh, that's Allan Albatross," Maurice Mouse explains. "Legend has it that he longed to fly great distances but, being an Albatross, could not. He dreamed of soaring through the clouds and over the ocean. He married a beautiful canary named Candice and they lived happily in a big oak tree where they would frolic and play. Allan became a sailor and captained a ship. Since he couldn't soar through the air, he would soar through the seas. One day, a forest spirit visited Allan and offered him the ability to fly. All Allan had to do was plant a flower here in Winter Haven and he would be given the ability to fly. But, the spirit warned that the ability would come at a great price and couldn't tell Allan what that price was. Allan didn't care. He would give anything to be able to fly, so he planted the flower in Winter Haven and was immediately able to fly great distances. He soared through the clouds and over the mountains and out over the ocean. But when he returned to the great oak, he found Candice, his lovely wife with whom he used to frolic and play, dead."

021.jpg

Fawhump!

Lazlo and Maurice's attention is drawn to Portia Poodle who has just collapsed to the ground.

Mindy Mouse shrieks, "Oh my God! She's dead!"

022.jpg

"No I'm not," Portia says as she sits up. "Someone said 'play dead' and I'm a good dog so I did. I'm good at playing dead. I fooled you. Can has treat now?"

023.jpg

Everyone's attention is turned, suddenly, to Becka Bulldog who has began choking. She clearly can't breath. She clutches her throat and reaches to the heavens...

024.jpg

...and collapses face first into the fountain.

"Oh my!" Maurice Mouse cries. "It's Becka! There must be a poisoner."

025.jpg

Becka pops up out of the fountain giving everyone a good scare.

"Ha!" she cries. "Fooled you all. Now that's what you call playing dead. Never send a poodle to do a bulldog's job. :sadnew:"

026.jpg

Everyone collectively gasps as Casey Cat begins choking and convulsing on the ground.

"Cats don't do tricks" someone observes. "Cats are megablocks."

"That's true," another someone adds, "She must actually be dying. So there's a poisoner after all."

027.jpg

"Too many...dogs...here," Casey gasps. "Highly...allergic...need...anti...his...ta...mine..."

028.jpg

"You're all trying to eat me!" Mindy Mouse screams.

"What a weird chinchilla," Carly Cow shakes her head.

029.jpg

"Maurice, you're the Town's legend expert," Becka Bulldog says. "Who is this bird?"

"That's Samuel Seagull," Maurice explains. "He's the legendary founder of Winter Haven. Legend says that he was just looking for a place to plant a nice flower garden..."

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. Whoever has the most votes will win. Don't forget to make your animal noise in every post. I would hate for someone to be lynched just because they don't follow this rule despite being fairly warned repeatedly. Here's how the vote tally would look if you had been penalized for violating the rule during the first 24 hours:

vote tally:

Ernie Elephant (JimButcher): 3 votes (penalty)

Mindy Mouse (Professor Flitwick): 2 votes (penalty)

Shawna Sheep (Shadows): 2 votes (penalty)

Horace Horse (iamded): 1 vote (penalty)

Booker Bear (Dragonator): 1 vote (penalty)

Gordon Gorilla (Scubacarrot): 2 votes (penalty)

Maurice Mouse (Cecilie): 1 votes (penalty)

Ralphy Rabbit (badboytje88): 1 vote (penalty)

Edgar Elephant (WhiteFang): 1 vote (penalty)

Becka Bulldog (Rick): 1 vote (penalty)

Don't let it happen to you!

So what was the first 'Albatross' tale all about, Maurice? Or was it just a long-winded way to introduce the 'play dead' expression, in order to make suspense? :hmpf:

*snap*

I'm a little suspicious of Maurice, not because of that, but just some of the things he's said seem a little odd. But that's just a 'gut' feeling.

I'm going to vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono), because I believe she lied about not following the day yesterday, yet still claiming to have a solid 'town' read on Petey, even though she said later yesterday that Petey 'wasn't particularly pro-town'. I suspect she's a Cultist, and knew Petey was town. Plus she did try to steer Portia away from voting for the quiet ones, of whom Wallace was one.

It's not a solid lead, but I think it's the best we have at present.

*chomp* Sorry Gilda - I can't help but nibble you. :grin:

Speaking of lurkers, I placed two votes yesterday trying to get some quiet people to speak up. The first was Bristol and she spoke up at her first opportunity. The second was Wallace who, while he hung around during that time, ignored my vote until he placed a bandwagon vote on Petey.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

What I find interesting is that the two people you voted for both got killed. What a unlikely coincidence...

I will Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty) for I still think her behavior yesterday was odd.

Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty) :hmpf_bad:

Squeak.

I don't believe it will come to much of a surprise to anyone as I vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono). Her explanation of her stout defiance of Petey is very weak. Her attempts at trying to embellish what I've been saying has also been poor.

What I find interesting is that the two people you voted for both got killed. What a unlikely coincidence...

:wacko: Yes, one of those he voted for turned to be innocent, whilst the other was a Cultists... I'm not quite sure what you are trying to imply... This, along with your (as I believe you described it) 'compulsive list making' yesterday, is odd behaviour. Has your lust for my flesh driven you crazy? :look:

I'm a little suspicious of Maurice, not because of that, but just some of the things he's said seem a little odd. But that's just a 'gut' feeling.

I'm going to vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono), because I believe she lied about not following the day yesterday, yet still claiming to have a solid 'town' read on Petey, even though she said later yesterday that Petey 'wasn't particularly pro-town'. I suspect she's a Cultist, and knew Petey was town. Plus she did try to steer Portia away from voting for the quiet ones, of whom Wallace was one.

It's not a solid lead, but I think it's the best we have at present.

Neigh. I concur. The lying about following the day thread seems like the most substantial thing to go off of today. Besides, we can't be held responsible if someone doesn't bother to participate.

Vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono)

I will Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty) for I still think her behavior yesterday was odd.

Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty) :hmpf_bad:

Petey's behavior was odd and he ended up a villager. I'm not saying that automatically applies to me, but I should hope for a better explanation of your vote than that.

:wacko: Yes, one of those he voted for turned to be innocent, whilst the other was a Cultists... I'm not quite sure what you are trying to imply... This, along with your (as I believe you described it) 'compulsive list making' yesterday, is odd behaviour. Has your lust for my flesh driven you crazy? :look:

An interesting thing to imply, yes. You know, with that and her very weak vote reasoning today and yesterday, it all seems to smell fishy to me, and I should know what fishy smells like...cause I'm a cat...purrrr :purrr:

Right now my vote is hinging between Carly and Ralphy now, but I need to look at today's events more to make my choice and there's plenty of time in the day to further discuss.

Meow.

Moo.

This is ridiculous. The ferret starts pushing on me for nothing, and when I give you a logical retort, you ignore it and vote me anyway. I payed extra attention to Petey in that that was the most important thing of the day so I focused my time on that. That means I didn't have time to read the rest of the posts.

As for 'pro town' as Becka calls it, there's a difference between town and pro town. Pro-town means super townie, townie hero, etc. - someone who works hard for the town to get scum lynched. Did I say Petey was pro town? Nope. I said he was town. That means he was flailing like a duck with its head cut off, but he was still towntelling. It's interesting how Becka twisted that one on me.

Whatever. I have nothing past this to say to you people. You're making my milk sour. I'm going to

Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty)

Y'all can follow me if you ever decide to see reason.

Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty)

Y'all can follow me if you ever decide to see reason.

Hissssssssss. Thanks for your well reasoned vote :sarcasm:

Meow.

Then Carly should be really worried because now I've voted for her as well. WOOF!

An interesting thing to imply, yes. You know, with that and her very weak vote reasoning today and yesterday, it all seems to smell fishy to me, and I should know what fishy smells like...cause I'm a cat...purrrr :purrr:

What was weak about my vote reasoning? It was certainly stronger than not voting at all. Voting is a tool. I used it as I saw fit and I'd like to think we got some results from it. Even though my vote didn't result in a lynch, the reactions to that vote were very interesting.

What's with casting ridiculous accusations at me? I had clear logical reasons for my voting yesterday. More than some bandwagoners that hopped on the Petey lynch. I still think that every single one of us should make an effort to contribute as much as possible.

What exactly do you think I did that's fishy?