Khorne

Heroica RPG - Quest #45: The Doctor Is In

logo_1.jpg

The chosen party of three followed the strange creature to the Southern entrance of the Invision Guildhouse. It was late in the afternoon and high above the Eubric rooftops the sun was already setting.

The party!

7650261952_9bd7f89075_s.jpgL'Oréal Diablo (played by Adam) *** Party Leader ***

Level 3 Rogue

Power: 6

Health: 9/9

Gold: 41

Equipment: Scimitar (Longsword, WP: 3), Cowl

Inventory: Bedroll, Potion (x2), Tonic

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202Siercon (Siercon and Coral) *** Party Leader ***

Level 3 Mage

Power: 11

Defense: 1

Health: 7/7

Ether: 6/6

Gold: 0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk) Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory: Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep.

p8110054.jpgZark (Pharos721)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Equipment: Iron Great Axe (WP3)

Inventory: Potion, Bottle of Mead

NOW ALSO STARRING:

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpgLycan Dean (TheBoyWonder)

Level 6 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 17

Health: 12/12

Gold: 0 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves (power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage), Throwing Dagger WP6 (loaned to Loreal)

The weird machination knocked on the heavy wooden gate, that prevented the heroes from entering the Guildhouse. With a hoarse and ghastly voice it started to speak.

no_1.png

"Master... master! Your guestsss ... have ... arrived ..."

Slowly, one of the doors opened and out came a female figure.

1.jpg

mialisande.png

"Hey there y'all! So I guess you're the Heroes No-1 here picked out, huh? Well, he sure picked out the weirdest bunch, I have to say." The female shrugged and put on a pouting face, but then she started to giggle. "Nah, I'm just playin' with you. My name is Mialesande. I work as an assistant-herbalist here. Well, I guess you've already met No-1 here. I'm just really glad you guys showed up so fast, we're really at a loss here, we don't know what to do. We just don't know where to start!"

QM Note: You have around 24 hours to check in and ensure that all of your stats are okay before we move along. Thanks for playing on my first quest :sweet: !

Also, Adam, does that Cowl in your inventory have the same effects like the one Siercon has?

Siercon stepped up first. "Hi, I'm Siercon" He said with a genuine smile. It was nice to run into a cute happy herbalist in a world so often filled with elaborate and harsh magical things. And, if Siercon wasn't taken, he probably would have asked her out. "Thanks for letting us help!"

OOC: I think Lycan Dean (Theboywonder) bought his cowl. But if he still has it, yes it has the same effect.

+ You're doing a great job (nice quest build) :) I'm sure it will be a joy to participate in your first quest! Thanks for having us aboard :D

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Following Siercon's lead Zark began to speak. "I'm the adventurous Zark 'hehe'. It's a pleasure to meet you my lady!" Zark pronounced with strong enthusiasm. "I'm glad I could be of assistance"

Edited by Pharos712

QM Note: I'm still waiting on Adam to confirm. I've sent him a PM to notify him that's he's been chosen. If he doesn't reply, I'll replace him so the Quest can move on :classic: .

Siercon stepped up first. "Hi, I'm Siercon" He said with a genuine smile. It was nice to run into a cute happy herbalist in a world so often filled with elaborate and harsh magical things. And, if Siercon wasn't taken, he probably would have asked her out. "Thanks for letting us help!"

Following Siercon's lead Zark began to speak. "I'm the adventurous Zark 'hehe'. It's a pleasure to meet you my lady!" Zark pronounced with strong enthusiasm. "I'm glad I could be of assistance"

mialisande.png

"Well, ain't you both cutiepies. Now, no need to call me 'lady', go ahead and call me Mia, boys." she said with a big smile and a wink. The conversation then died out as the three stood waiting for the final Hero to arrive. Mia got a bit nervous and kept on looking at every possible direction L'Oreal could come from. There was no sight of him. She sighed and looked up at the Heroes that did have arrived. Out of the blue, the herbalist herbalist took out a pipe and started to smoke.

"Don't you just hate those?" she said as she exhaled and puffed some smoke in the air. Siercon and Zark looked at her puzzled and shrugged.

"The uncomfortable silences?" one of them replied.

Mia raised an eyebrow and then smiled again. "No silly, people that are late"

"Oh another is going to accompany us, excellent! The more the merrier I always say! I wonder what is holding the fellow up? Prehaps they got lost?" Zark suggested to Mia

"Very true." Siercon said "He's usually on time, I do wonder... But, perhaps you can fill us in on what happened while we wait, and I can catch him up when he gets here?"

OOC: I sent him a message on Flickr and his email as well. I'd give him another day :D Once he's on board he'll check in all the time, he wont be like this every round ;)

mialisande.png

"Ugh, am I the only who gives some Pongcanis fur about the rules? Mia sighed. "Your replacement should get here any minute, in the mean time let me explain the situation before we enter the building. Several days ago, Our Dearly Beloved doctor Cula suddenly vanished without a trace. It's really werid, there are no signs of burglary or theft in his laboratory. He's just gone!"

Mia starting sobbing "I miss him so much. The paleness of his skin, the sharpness of his teeth *sniff* and oh, god, he had such a lovely foreign accent..." The young alchemist cried, but quickly regaind posture. "I'll show you the lab once your third man arrives. In the mean time, I name you, Siercon,
party leader
."

QM Note: Thanks for contacting Adam for me, Siercon. He sent me a message explaining the situation and I'm sad to say he won't be able to join you guys :sad: .

" Siercon, my good friend, nice to be joining you! Ark, I don't believe we have met before. I'm Lycan" Lycan bows then winks at Mia.

" Siercon, my good friend, nice to be joining you! Ark, I don't believe we have met before. I'm Lycan" Lycan bows then winks at Mia.

mialisande.png

"His name is Zark, honey. Zark. With a 'Z'. Anyway, since three of you are here, let's continue inside."

Because of all the waiting, the darkness of night had already embraced Eubric. Inside the buildings of Invision it was quite dark, the place was hardly lit. The alchemists couldn't care less, as long as it didn't impede with their research. The halls of the guildhouse were long and dotted with laboratories and other secret rooms left and right. It took the adventurers a while to reach their destination: Dr. Cula's lab (or at least one of his many :tongue: ).

The party stepped in and were overtaken by the fumes hanging in the room. Maybe they were lethal, maybe not, but who could tell? The room was filled to the brim with chemical apparatus, ingredients, scrolls and books.

2.jpg

mialisande.png

"You just go ahead and do your thing, boys. None of us dared search the place yet, since we were afraid the doctor would be mad at us if he found out we went through his affairs. It looks okay at first sight, but who am I to tell? I'm no investigator."

Lycan makes his way through the laboratory and checks the scroll. It lies on top of a stack of other papers, all bearing strange alchemical symbols and formulas.

4_stack.jpg

Lycan grabs the letter signed 'sincerely Iskander' and reads it. He then proceeds to investigate the books.

"Ah yes Lycan it is good to have you with us!" Siercon said. Lycan was the first one to investigate the scrolls. So rather than hover obnoxiously over his shoulder, Siercon walked around the rest of the room. He approached the cauldron in the middle of the room and investigaed it. Waving some of the vapors towards himself like he learned in beginners alchemy, he gave it a sniff to determine what was in this cooker.

Lycan investigates the papers and scrolls on the desk, but there not much information he can gain. The pages contain alchemical symbol upon alchemical symbol, sometimes accompanied by an explanation, but mostly this is not the case. It is clear that this place is not used to being visisted by those not versed in the dangerous and secretive teachings of alchemy. Lycan goes through all of the pages, putting aside those he deems unnecessary. He stumbles upon a page about Norse cosmology describing the World Tree. Not really interested, he puts it aside and starts reading the letter he found amongst the stack.

letter.png

mialisande.png

"So, what is it? Have you found anything interesting yet? Do you know where the doctor and his assistent are?
Even though I don't really care much about the assistent, though.
"

Siercon heads for the giant cauldron that stands in the middle of the room. There was a strange mixture in there that gave a strong smell. However, the fire under the cauldron had died and the liquid was now cold. Finding nothing of interest, Siercon leaves to flick through the pages of a random book lying about (because otherwise the QM would have Photoshopped it in vain :tongue: ).

alchemy_book.png

"Looks like we should go to Eubric Highway." Lycan says before he stores the letter in his belt.

mialisande.png

"Why's that, honey? Have you found anything interesting?"
Mia's face cleared up and she smiled. She clapped her hands and jumped up and down, squealling:
"Yey! The Heroes found something! Do you know where dear Alphonse and his bitch assistent are?"
The alchemist asked
. "Please, do share! Maybe I can help you!"

"Looks like we should go to Eubric Highway." Lycan says before he stores the letter in his belt.

"I agree. Still do we have everything we need here..." Siercon said, turning to Mia. "Do you know if he was working on anything specific before he disappeared? It would appear he's headed Eubric Highway, but if he has the ability to breath underwater or walk without fatigue, he could be very difficult to find."

He noticed this hurt Mia, as if the doctor had just abandoned her and would run away from being found. Siercon cut in again trying to remedy any misunderstanding.

"What I mean is, if he was working on something like eternal life people would do anything for it. And if he had other potions, or the ability to make potions of endurance of water breathing, that is something an enemy or captor could capitalize on. They could be using it now." There was a medium pause. "Was he working on these two potions recently, or do you have these potions or the materials for them? And can you tell us about Iskander?" There was an awkward silent little conversation of body language as Siercon used minor telekinesis to gently tug the letter out of Lycan's belt, gesturing it towards Mia. Siercon handed both the book and the letter to Mia.

OOC: @ Lycan. If there's a way to achieve random potions I'll stay for a few replies :D otherwise let's go!

"I agree. Still do we have everything we need here..." Siercon said, turning to Mia. "Do you know if he was working on anything specific before he disappeared? It would appear he's headed Eubric Highway, but if he has the ability to breath underwater or walk without fatigue, he could be very difficult to find."

He noticed this hurt Mia, as if the doctor had just abandoned her and would run away from being found. Siercon cut in again trying to remedy any misunderstanding.

"What I mean is, if he was working on something like eternal life people would do anything for it. And if he had other potions, or the ability to make potions of endurance of water breathing, that is something an enemy or captor could capitalize on. They could be using it now." There was a medium pause. "Was he working on these two potions recently, or do you have these potions or the materials for them? And can you tell us about Iskander?" There was an awkward silent little conversation of body language as Siercon used minor telekinesis to gently tug the letter out of Lycan's belt, gesturing it towards Mia. Siercon handed both the book and the letter to Mia.

OOC: @ Lycan. If there's a way to achieve random potions I'll stay for a few replies :D otherwise let's go!

"Agreed." Lycan ushers sizer on away from Mia and Zark for a second.

"Siercon, I have something to confess. I'm not your normal hero, well none of us are really. I'm a Lycanthrope, or werewolf. In my last quest, I revealed it to the party and nearly gave some cruise guard a heart attack. I warned them not to reveal it. The Wolfgang leaders are werewolfs, and as the rest of Eubric disapprove of us, if the choice comes up to ally with them, I'm afraid I must. But let me handle interrogations, I'm rather good at it. Don't hate me for my species."

mialisande.png

"The good doctor is
always
working on something. Actually, I have no clue what his latest projects were. In fact, he never really tells me. Why would he? I'm just a herbalist. An
assistant
-herbalist at that" Mia's face turned sad again and she stared at the ground, the tip of her tall hat flopping forward. Silently she starting murmuring: "Besides, the doctor is, well, ..." Mia leaned closer to Siercon "..., Alphonse is a Vampire. I don't really know if he even needs a breathing potion. I mean, in theory, he's dead, right?"

"Was he working on these two potions recently, or do you have these potions or the materials for them? And can you tell us about Iskander?" Siercon handed both the book and the letter to her.

mialisande.png

Mia accepted both the book and letter. She quickly leafed through the book and chuckled. She then closed it and showed Siercon the front cover. It read '
Auraune Frernis: A Guide to Beginner's Alchemy'.
"Oh gosh, you silly. You couldn't have known this was basic stuff, you're no alchemist, you're a Mage! A very cute one at that, mind you" she smiled and winked.

Mia then got more serious again as she started to read the letter. She raised an eyebrow. It was clear she wasn't familiar with anything said in the letter.

"That's odd. I've never heard of this Iskander Hebi guy. I mean, if he were truly a known alchemist, his name would've surely been mentioned here in the Guild once or twice. Gah, why would Alphonse do this and trust this guy? I'm sure that stupid lab assistent of his put him up to it." she said, arms crossed. It was clear she didn't get along with the lab assistent well.

"I'm sure we have the ingredients lying around here somewhere to make those potions, but I'm not that versed in the brewing of potions. My skills lie in the field of healing. You know what? I'll try my best and cook something up to give to you once you've find the sweet doctor! How's that?"

..." Mia leaned closer to Siercon "..., Alphonse is a Vampire...

"I'm sure we have the ingredients lying around here somewhere to make those potions, but I'm not that versed in the brewing of potions. My skills lie in the field of healing. You know what? I'll try my best and cook something up to give to you once you've find the sweet doctor! How's that?"

"Pale skin and pointy teeth" this thought had crossed Siercon's mind. He thought it odd that a vampire would research eternal life... But he was sure there was a reason. Looking at Mia, Siercon said "Thanks for letting us know. And that sounds great about the potions. We will find your good doctor, and fix this sad mess as immediately! We could use your healing hands on the journey if you'd like to come, otherwise we shall be back soon!" Turning to the others he continued "lets go!"

"Siercon, I have something to confess. I'm not your normal hero, well none of us are really. I'm a Lycanthrope, or werewolf. In my last quest, I revealed it to the party and nearly gave some cruise guard a heart attack. I warned them not to reveal it. The Wolfgang leaders are werewolfs, and as the rest of Eubric disapprove of us, if the choice comes up to ally with them, I'm afraid I must. But let me handle interrogations, I'm rather good at it. Don't hate me for my species."

"Good to know, thank you for your extended trust. I shall call you friend, and carry a silver bullet. ;) Are you going to be ok with finding and rescuing our good doctor seeing that he is a vampire?" Siercon said "Will potentially old clan rivalries that impede you?"

Siercon and the others leave towards Eubric Highway

[/indent]"Pale skin and pointy teeth" this thought had crossed Siercon's mind. He thought it odd that a vampire would research eternal life... But he was sure there was a reason. Looking at Mia, Siercon said "Thanks for letting us know. And that sounds great about the potions. We will find your good doctor, and fix this sad mess as immediately! We could use your healing hands on the journey if you'd like to come, otherwise we shall be back soon!" Turning to the others he continued "lets go!"

"Good to know, thank you for your extended trust. I shall call you friend, and carry a silver bullet. ;) Are you going to be ok with finding and rescuing our good doctor seeing that he is a vampire?" Siercon said "Will potentially old clan rivalries that impede you?"

Siercon and the others leave towards Eubric Highway

No, rivalries are one thing that we werewolves stick to. But, if he doesn't attack me I shall restrain myself.

[/indent]"Pale skin and pointy teeth" this thought had crossed Siercon's mind. He thought it odd that a vampire would research eternal life... But he was sure there was a reason. Looking at Mia, Siercon said "Thanks for letting us know. And that sounds great about the potions. We will find your good doctor, and fix this sad mess as immediately! We could use your healing hands on the journey if you'd like to come, otherwise we shall be back soon!" Turning to the others he continued "lets go!"

mialisande.png

"I'll have to disappoint you there, Siercon. I am but a mere student of the healing arts, fighting is not my domain, I wouldn't be of much help. Besides that why we hired you guys for in the first place. You're backed up by Barbarian and a werewolf, what could possibly go wrong?"

Mialesande guided the party back to the exit of the guildhouse. She waved them goodbye and wished them the best of luck on their endeavours. The moon stood high as the party left Eubric. In the dead of night, the Eubric Highway was quite desolate and abandonned. The heroes were able to progress fast, untill Lycan was suddenly plagued by a foul smell that befell his nostrils. He heard the rustling of leaves in the distance. Soon, the other heroes heard the noises as well. The sound of hooves coming closer. Suddenly, a duo of minotaur tribesmen barged through the foliage. Snorting and stamping their hooves, they challenged the heroes. A Human joined the company somewhat later, huffing and puffing. Obviously, he had had a hard time keeping up with the fast pace of the minotaurs.

3.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE !

The Enemies:

mino_1.png

"I shall rip your gut open and festoon my horns with your entrails!"

Savage Minotaur Chieftain

Type:
Humanoid; Beast

Level:

Health:
25/25

Defense:

Special:
Headbut
- The Minotaur charges forward and Headbuts the target, causing the target to be Stunned the next Round.

Drops: Tetsubo

mino_2.png

"I'm done eating grass, looks like meat's back on the menu!"

Savage Minotaur Warrior

Type:
Humanoid; Beast

Level:

Health:
15/15

Defense:

Special:
Headbut
- The Minotaur charges forward and Headbuts the target, causing the target to be Stunned the next Round.

Drops: Shield, Crude Warhammer

mino_3.png

"Mooo !"

Wild Human Tribesman

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
10/10

Defense:

Special:
Block
- The Tribesman uses his shield to block an incoming attack, taking no Damage during the next Round. The Tribesman can block up to three times before his crude shield breaks down.

Drops: Nothing

The Party:

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon
(Siercon and Coral)
*** Party Leader ***

Level 3 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
6/6

Gold:
0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory:
Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep.

p8110054.jpg

Zark
(Pharos721)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment:
Iron Great Axe (WP3)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpg

Lycan Dean
(TheBoyWonder)

Level 6 Rogue
*Immune to weakened*

Power:

Health:
12/12

Gold:
(95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves (power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory:
Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage),
Throwing Dagger WP6 (loaned to Loreal)

oroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.png

Party Leader, choose the order of actions.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

"Damn Minotaurs, Knew I smelt something funny. Animal Talk won't work on theses brutes. Let's just say they aren't the smartest. Minotaur Chieftan, Front Row. Siercon, I advise you to take the other one, just Zark can't do a strong hit."

Battle Order:

Siercon

Lycan

Zark

"Indeed I will. Let's take them on full force!" Siercon stated. His face was stern, though one could hear a slight smile in his voice. "Zark try to work on that tribesman, he looks like he'll take a few hits to break him down." With that Siercon attacked Savage Minotaur Warrior with a Holy spell through his Lullaby Wand from the back row. Focusing his magic powers through the new staff he tried to knockout his opponents subconscious and grip the beast in a dream.