Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Celyna the seamstress

Celyna is widely known as one of Albion's best seamstress. Her dresses and handiwork attract many rich merchants, lords and ladies. she learned here trade in Circardia from elvish craftswomen. She married her childhood sweetheart, Chrostin, who was soldier in the Phoenix Guard. Sadly, Chrostin was killed in the Battle of Red Ford. Shortly after, she moved to the capital to sell her wears and quickly became the favorite among the gentry.

seamstress20-M.jpg

seamstress17-M.jpg

seamstress23-M.jpg

Outside, two brothers peddle bread to another wealthy lady on the street outside Celyna's home and workshop.

seamstress16-M.jpg

In the loft, Celyna keeps a painting of Chrostin above her bed and his sword handy.

seamstress12-M.jpg

seamstress10-M.jpg

On the ground level, she stores her fabrics and threads and has her spinning wheel. She also has a small kitchen and a large comfortable chair that she love to sit in and do here fine needle work.

seamstress7-M.jpg

seasmtress5-M.jpg

seasmstress5-M.jpg

I am pretty happy with the way this build came out. I wanted to build a modular type building with an interior and I feel I did that.

I am also happy with the way some of the spring board builds came out (spinning wheel, butcher top table, bench outside)

seasmstress1-M.jpg

several more photos and angles can be found HERE

As always, let me know what you guys think Critics and comments always welcome

Edited by MikeyB

This is beautiful Mike! I love the interior - so many things to like - the chair, the rolls of material, the picture... I like the tile and round 1x1 walk as well as the work on the exterior of the house. Apparently, someone has managed to pick up series 8 in the states. Great build!

One of your best buildings yet! I like your color choices and the interior is top-notch :thumbup: The spinning wheel is excellent, as is the chair and bench outside.

Keep up the good work :classic:

thanks for the kind words everyone.

I was lucky enough to get a few series 8 from my local TRU a week ago and knew I wanted to incorporate the actor and I love the pretzel piece from the liederhosen guy.

I built the spinning wheel about a month or two ago and it was in the inspiration for the entire build. The chair is a modified version of the one that will be available in the upcoming Winter Cottage from the Christmas line. the bench came to me yesterday when the weather didn't cooperate when I wanted to take photos.

Absolutely gorgeous, Mike. The modular design and the hatch at the side of the building are greatt to get a view inside at all the great little details.. My favorite part has to be the spinning wheel. A quaint little home and place of business or Celyna.

I like how it is off center and the interior is quite nice. It has a bit of DC and Z in the styling so I am naturally drawn to it.

Great job with the photos too. I am glad the weather held for you!

It is linked to Albion!

So nice, it inspired me to try to make my own interior. And looking at these photos, I see that a part of wall must be removable, and the floors must be modular

My favorite is old sawing machine (I do not know the word for it), last picture, object on the right.

My favorite is old sawing machine (I do not know the word for it), last picture, object on the right.

Sleeping beauty would tell you it is a spindle.

I like the building of course, but what really gives it a plus is the good minifig possing, and the construction on the stone street and fence which both seem realistic.

Great addition to Albion.

Now we know where to buy the presents for the ladies. :laugh:

Excellent! the interior is superb! and the opening wall is epicdefault_satisfied.gif keep it up!

~Dangerous

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

when I started this build I really wanted to work on two things, building a modular style building and including a detailed interior.

The hatch idea I though would help be be able to photograph the build so I added it as well.

I enjoyed this build and of course it is influenced by many of the great builders here. Its great to hear that Angeli has decided to take on an interior as well.

How much longer on until Challenge V? I have some ideas for the "King of the Castle" title build I am mulling around with.....

Looks good! Great interior and landscaping. I like how you changed the style of your tree's. The spindle looks awesome. I wish I had the pieces to make one. I've also got some series eight.The pretzel guy is awesome! I love that he comes with two plumes. Keep'em coming :thumbup:

How much longer on until Challenge V? I have some ideas for the "King of the Castle" title build I am mulling around with.....

I have a feeling it will be at least a week, so if you can fit in a King of the Castle build, go for it!

Oh this is special Mikey, it has such lovely composition and colours, other members could serve to take a look at the way you have compiled the angles of the MOC and colours in addition to the camera shots to frame a moving piece of work. Top shelf! :thumbup:

Mikey, this is a really beautiful build. Very fairy tail like, happy colors, nice techniques and a really cute interior. I love it!!

@badboy, glad you like the bench, i am pretty happy with the way it turned out. it is simple and come together quickly after a (brief) moment of brillance I imagine I will be using it or a variation of it again!

@ ISC thanks that means a lot, especially coming from you. GoH has been such a great influence on my builds and has really let me step it up

@BB I love the pretzel and meant to use the sack from the new santa figure too but forgot to put it in the scene until after I took the photos. some great accessory with the figs

@kabel and meph. glad yo like it.

Wow Mikey, this one is by far my favourite mocs from you with the beekeeper and armory as seconds!

So much to look at! :wub: That bench is really clever! So few pieces but with such a great result! The interior is outstanding! The little wall outside fits very well into the whole scenery!

love the interior and how u did the road outside!

and the idea of having the house face diagonally

touching back story too.

great job!

thanks dG, glad you enjoy it so much. This one was alot of fun for me. None of the frustration I have had with the last couple Challenge Builds

here is a close up of the bench if anyone is interested in how simple it really is.

seamstress14-M.jpg

and a couple of how it comes apart

seamstress11-M.jpg

seamstress8-M.jpg

@zergu, thanks as well. I think the angle adds a bit of dynamic to the build.

Another really lovely MOC as usual, Mikey! Everything looks so perfect here...default_thumbup.gif

Edited by Mikel Kalores