5. post-20651-13480529375952.jpg Vintage Sedan [NEW]
  6. post-20651-13480527650063.jpg Vintage Coupé/Runabout [NEW]
  7. cabnf.jpg Vintage Cabriolet [NEW]
  8. bugattit.jpgBugatti 35C (1926) [NEW]
  9. truckl.jpgVintage Truck [NEW]

The 2nd batch you can find here: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=75904

[/Edit]

Hi all,

technic skis work well as fenders on vintage cars, but unfortunately the skis don't exist in black, so certain rather elegant types of vintage cars can't be built with them.

The idea here is to tilt the mudguard (new type) section of the car to get a relatively smooth fender line. I've called the first type "Vintage Speedster", the second is - in spite of the missing "Emily" - clearly a Rolls-Royce, even if I don't know if exactly this type of bodywork existed. But there will be some more versions of this type of vintage car anyway.

C&C welcome as usual, many thanks for looking. More pics of the Speedster you can find here.

7794374312_1dac520dd2_z.jpg

7800172382_c87b739404_z.jpg

7800922052_be4f948430_z.jpg

7801066136_d85c093074_z.jpg

Edited by Ricecracker
Changed title

Very cool car 'ER0L' ! I'm not the biggest fan of vintage cars, but this car is awesome! I can see a lot of different techniques to make the car, like the flag piece on the front.

this is unbelievable, I cant believe some of the stuff I see you guys build, well done

Beautiful! Really nice built! At first glance it was hard to see it was Lego.

Edited by LegoJalex

The touch is done with the chrome pieces and the bumper.

I agree - it's the second one that does it for me (it really is unmistakably a Rolls). I'm not keen on using the trans-clear cheese slopes as a window on the first one; I prefer the panels, or - obviously, if you've seen my cars - the hinge tile with 1x4 windscreen. But I know you've said you don't like the hinge tile solution, although I can't for my life understand why...

Using the mudguards like that is obviously clever, but I think the bar/binoculars/flag combo is even better - it makes the whole front section flow very nicely. The whole front end is very well done.

indexed.gif V-LV-50B

Very cool car 'ER0L' ! I'm not the biggest fan of vintage cars, but this car is awesome! I can see a lot of different techniques to make the car, like the flag piece on the front.

Thanks a lot LegofreakKO345! Glad you like it. The flag was the only part that came to my mind to close this section.

this is unbelievable, I cant believe some of the stuff I see you guys build, well done

Thank you very much lowbike1!

Beautiful! Really nice built! At first glance it was hard to see it was Lego.

Very glad you like it! Thx LegoJalex.

The touch is done with the chrome pieces and the bumper.

Thanks! The bumper is not my own idea, though, I first saw it on Matt Brown's fantastic 20's American LaFrance Pumper, but it's already used on the vehicle of the 10197 Fire Brigade.

cute :wub:

Thanks! :blush:

Your idea about the fenders works nicely :thumbup: I very much like your bumpers too :classic:

Thank you very much soccerkid6, concerning the bumpers see above.

Excellent work ER0L, these are beautiful! I'd love to have these in my collection! Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

Many thanks Lego Guy Bri!

I agree - it's the second one that does it for me (it really is unmistakably a Rolls). I'm not keen on using the trans-clear cheese slopes as a window on the first one; I prefer the panels, or - obviously, if you've seen my cars - the hinge tile with 1x4 windscreen. But I know you've said you don't like the hinge tile solution, although I can't for my life understand why...

Using the mudguards like that is obviously clever, but I think the bar/binoculars/flag combo is even better - it makes the whole front section flow very nicely. The whole front end is very well done.

Thanks a lot L@go, very glad you like it! Why I don't like using the hinge tile on this type of cars:

• There is a moving part where there should be something fixed.
  • The hinge adds too much to the height where a low silhouette is needed. The main issue here is that you already need 3 levels above the cockpit to get the steering wheel in the right position. The step between hood and cockpit shouldn't be too tall.

(I have seen your new cars and will still comment on them.)

Very nice car! I have spent much time wondering how you have done some details!

Many thanks viracocha! Hopefully you got it, if not, just ask.

This car has an excellent vintage-feel to it. :wink: I think it's a great MOC.

Many thanks Ferrik! I you are interested in vintage cars, please check out the Vintage Car Group on Flickr.

I would like to add another photo of a more specific Rolls-Royce Phantom Convertible with a folded hood on the back and some minor changes.

7806282268_157eb2ee2b_z.jpg

AWESOME classic roadster sports car 'ER0L', I'll have to take a close look at those front fenders. :wink:

Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

Any instructions for this? This is beautiful. I definitely plan on building something similar for my classy citizens.

Keep up the great builds!

Nice job! Every one of your cars has multiple ideas and parts usages. They are all great inspirations!

Curtis

indexed.gif V-LV-50C

Easily one of the coolest cars I have ever seen. The flash of yellow is just the cherry on top!

Thanks a lot TenorPenny, glad to hear that!

AWESOME classic roadster sports car 'ER0L', I'll have to take a close look at those front fenders. :wink:

Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

Many thanks lightningtiger, I know what an AWESOME from lightningtiger has to say! :classic: Looking forward to the result of your close look! :wink:

This thing just oozes class. Nice build, man.

Thanks a lot Groovemeister!

Any instructions for this? This is beautiful. I definitely plan on building something similar for my classy citizens.

Keep up the great builds!

Thanks a lot TheLegoDr! Sorry, no instructions. But the build itself isn't that complicated. Maybe I can make a partial breakdown to show the crucial sections, but this will take some time.

Nice job! Every one of your cars has multiple ideas and parts usages. They are all great inspirations!

Curtis

Thanks a lot Curtis, glad to hear this from you!

Again, I would like to add another version of the "tilted fender concept" - a four- (or rather three-)seater with a different front section. In my opinion it shows that the concept is much more versatile than the ski versions.

7814755714_51bc3868b9_z.jpg

More pics you can find here.

Thanks again for looking.

Great vintage car. Looks like original. Incredible idea. I am impressed with the construction.

Godd work, this vintage car is perfect :thumbup: :thumbup:

These are some top-notch cars. As Hinck would say :wub_drool:

[Edit] To the moderators, since this is rather a work in progress: When indexed, in my opinion this can be considered as three MOCs - the Speedster, the Rolls with the folded hood and the 4/3-seater. But do as you please. Thanks a lot, the Town Vehicle Index is always a fantastic source of inspiration! [/Edit]

Moderators have way more important things to worry about than this. So I did it. :grin:

Hopefully my indexing fulfilled your expectations. There were MOCs in three posts, so I indexed each post as its own MOC.

It is wonderful work. Many interesting solutions. I love old cars. :wub:

Thanks a lot vagrant!

Great vintage car. Looks like original. Incredible idea. I am impressed with the construction.

Many thanks solta, glad to hear that from you!

Godd work, this vintage car is perfect :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Wedge09!

These are some top-notch cars. As Hinck would say :wub_drool:

Moderators have way more important things to worry about than this. So I did it. :grin:

Hopefully my indexing fulfilled your expectations. There were MOCs in three posts, so I indexed each post as its own MOC.

Thanks a lot Phred. - This is exactly what I was thinking of, thanks again!

Many thanks all for commenting and viewing!