Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

AAG Safehouse

I love the interior on this! The use of wood tiles adds so much! The inside looks as beautiful as the outside! Great foliage, and I like the smoke as well. Great build!

That safehouse is great, I love the rear garden.

And that also nice and clean buildings blend so well with your previous more darker builds.

Great job. :classic:

A fine build indeed Beerbeard, that is one bountiful garden! Digging the interiors and crisp photos in addition to a nicely designed safe house. :thumbup:

Can I ask whether the roof shape determined the building design or the other way around?

A fine build indeed Beerbeard, that is one bountiful garden! Digging the interiors and crisp photos in addition to a nicely designed safe house. :thumbup:

Can I ask whether the roof shape determined the building design or the other way around?

Thanks. I don't have the largest supply of roof bricks so I usually build my roof's first. So I guess my roof does determine the building design. I personally think it's easier if you build the roof first. I have a couple roofs built, waiting for a home. :laugh:

@ Niku&rouge Thanks! Glad you guys Like it.

Nice MOC! I am always am amazed at all the colors that you put in your creations, something I plan to copy in the future. (I need to get a better selection of flowers first, I think. I basically only have red.) A minor nitpick, but I would love to see you customize your roofs instead of using the standard roof pieces which I am increasingly becoming disallusioned with... But on a positive note I like how you design your walls instead of using the 1x1 round plate fad which is nice on occasion but I think is used too much at times.

Nice MOC! I am always am amazed at all the colors that you put in your creations, something I plan to copy in the future. (I need to get a better selection of flowers first, I think. I basically only have red.) A minor nitpick, but I would love to see you customize your roofs instead of using the standard roof pieces which I am increasingly becoming disallusioned with... But on a positive note I like how you design your walls instead of using the 1x1 round plate fad which is nice on occasion but I think is used too much at times.

Thanks. I'll eventually make custom roofs as you suggest but I need the parts first. I'm attempting to build an entire village so I really have to stretch my parts for now. I'm glad you like my wall style.

Great house Capt BB! The first thing i thought of once i'd gone through all the pics was "is this a pop-up house?", 'cause of the first and last pics. :grin: That would certainly make the house hard to spot to outsiders! Anyway, lots to love in your build and your presentation is very crisp too. The interiors are great and add a lot of interest to your scene. I like the idea of the AGG living for the moment as any day could be thier last, and it is well illustrated. :thumbup: I only have a couple of small nitpicks - the smoke looks a little too regular to be believable, and i find the profusion of flowers a bit overdone (although that's just my personal preference, i guess!).

Nice work - and you are working on a castle now? I look forward to seeing that! :classic:

@Gabe Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. As far as your nitpicking goes, I never go for realism. I like to go for a more fantasy, tripped out style kind of like John Avon mixed with Mark Tedin.