Bricksan

CMF Monster Set & Rock Band Set

Oh right, and we all know that businessmen all use walkie talkies. :tongue:

I don't get why they didn't just keep the drumstick from the CMF zombie, which worked quite fine. But eh, the important thing is the figure. And the figure does look quite nice.

He's retro with a late 80's/early 90's cell phone. :laugh:

Can someone explains me why this zombie is holding a walkie talkie, though? :wacko:

he's keeping in touch with the underworld :)

yup, his mother is calling 5 times a day: "Son, do you eat cooked food?" :)

that zombie is different then the ones released in the zombie graveyard and the CMF one. So we know have 4 different zombies that's pretty cool.

Hi

Does anyone know when the release date is for the sets please?

Edited by tazzy007

that zombie is different then the ones released in the zombie graveyard and the CMF one. So we know have 4 different zombies that's pretty cool.

We've actually got 5 diffrent male zombies ( CMF one, MF driver, MF cook, MF groom and this one) and 1 female (MF bride).

I like the monsters one, but both will probably be overpriced :sceptic:

Do we know the prices, or just presuming the same as the beach set ($15US)?

I'm actually not that annoyed at $15.00; I can't get the German Ghost set here for less than $10 (N.A. on bricklink). I guess it could be available here in the future for less, but it's not worth it for a ghost and a clock I can easily make out of spare parts I already have.

On the other hand, while the witch may not be all that, getting a zombie AND ghost AND witch AND accessories for only 50% more is a lot more worth it.

Since I'm here, I've heard "Legoland CA" as a source, anyone got any ideas on availability elsewhere? I DID order from Legoland CA (I'm in GA) before. It just might take a phone call. We do have a Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta, but it's a hike and I wouldn't want to go unless I was sure.

I don't know what to think... the halloween set seems okay, but the rock one seems too cheap and strange, specially the rocker chick's recolor. Also, what's that white thing surrounding the punk's mohawk?

Edited by Otherworld

I don't know what to think... the halloween set seems okay, but the rock one seems too cheap and strange, specially the rocker chick's recolor. Also, what's that white thing surrounding the punk's mohawk?

The recolor is what makes it more interesting, IMO; the "white thing" looks like a reflection off the plastic... it's all over that photo, but it looks worse in that spot (perhaps because it's in the center).

I actually really like it - although, for the record, I like the monster one more.

The name of the monsters one is creeping me out.

"moon5starsun?" Yeah, who knows what the heck that is. Someone taking credit for the "leak?" I find it hard to believe TLG would give it a name like that.

EDIT: That's the name of the ebay seller.

EDIT: the bidding is up to $67.50 on ebay for the monster set... I don't like it that much.

EDIT: There's another one for a lot less right now. - has a set number, 850487.

Edited by fred67

IMO; the "white thing" looks like a reflection off the plastic... it's all over that photo, but it looks worse in that spot (perhaps because it's in the center).

Oh yeah! I don't get to notice some things until I'm told about it. Thanks :sweet:

The halloween set seems to include very good pieces! Spines :blush:

The lightning bolts on the rocker girl's torso should've been silver :sad:

Edited by Otherworld

I really want that band, I hope they make this for licensed themes in the near future.

You want them to make a band for licensed themes? Or do you mean you want to see these small battle packs type sets for licensed themes (which already exist in every licensed theme)?

I really like these sets, but I wish the zombie had been the exact same as the one from S1 with the same accessories as well. I don't mind it as much with the band as it helps them fit in together as a whole, and I just already have those figures. What the hreck is under that rocker's mohawk?! There appears to be something underneath it..

I really like these sets, but I wish the zombie had been the exact same as the one from S1 with the same accessories as well. I don't mind it as much with the band as it helps them fit in together as a whole, and I just already have those figures. What the hreck is under that rocker's mohawk?! There appears to be something underneath it..

Wow, both of these are great. Ones with straight-up reissues of the minifigures in the Minifigures line would be great, too, but while these don't help the people who missed out on those get another way to get the figures, they do permit even greater variety, and that's immensely welcome. I'd love to get multiples of both of these sets.

Cool, I hope we'll at some point see a set with the CMF Elf as well, so I can finally get him.

Can someone explains me why this zombie is holding a walkie talkie, though? :wacko:

They just released a set with the elf? The VIP minifigures exclusive set had the CMF mummy, the elf, the fisherman, the gorilla suit guy and the evil space guy. It was out a month or two ago.

The problem with the set with the elf is there seemed to be little rhyme or reason to it... just because those were voted the highest (and I sincerely doubt that), doesn't mean that anybody that voted for one would care at all for the others. It really made little sense.

The beach set, and now these other sets, are themes. Much better, IMO.

So if they wanted to release one in the future with the elf, the dwarf, and perhaps some, as of yet unreleased CMF (not necessarily - the ghost wasn't a CMF), then that'd be far better for the vast majority of people who want elves... especially if the mixed it up and used the dark werewolf hair with standard yellow ears. Ahem.

5829852522_4abacbeecc_s.jpg

4?

Think you mean 5. :P

-Omi

I like these sets and I plan on picking both of them up, mainly because I always wanted a Lego drum set, but I'm not a fan of the guitar. I'll just get one of the Brick Forge ones, no biggie, while the monster set I don't see anything glaringly bad, except the photo looks a little cheap. Maybe it's the quality of the photograph?

Anyway, I like how they're technically the same minifigs, but with different color schemes (The glam rock girl's in black and silver than blue and pink, the zombie has a different colored suit, etc.)

I like the rock band one. I don't have the S6(?) Rocker Girl. But, the things mentioned about that set(drumsticks, guitar) :sadnew:. The monsters set is pretty neat as well. That tombstone will go well in 10228's front yard.

I too am disappointed about the lack of the CMF guitar in the Rock Band set. And I am disappointed that it will be quite hard (and probably expensive) for us Aussies to obtain. But its still cool and I sill want one (green Mohawk, black rocker girl hair, baseball cap that may or may not have new printing)

These two sets look excellent but I have to agree with those who say that the guitar looks a bit weird... :wink: