just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I'm not going to judge it yet, too much at least. But I will say that it doesn't appeal to me as much as Ninjago did. Though, after BIONICLE ended I started to think about why LEGO does what it does, and now I don't have problems accepting things like this. I am happy that they've learned from their mistakes, and I feel that it's worth that I give this theme my support (at least not monetarily :grin: ).

Important message:

There's an explicit written request from LEGO inside this topic to not post any links to confidential pictures about Legends of Chima.

While our default policy is to allow links, in this case the game changes because of the request from Kim Thomsen.

Any direct request from LEGO overrules our 'default policy', so the staff will make sure the request is honored.

No more pictures or links to pictures in this thread related to confidential material about Legends of Chima!

How is this pronounced?

CH-EE-MUH

or CH-EYE-MUH?

Cha-cha-cha-chia! :laugh:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I love Lego, and I loved it long before TLG as such existed.

What do you mean? LEGO has been around since the early 30's, allthough I'm not sure when they coined the term "The LEGO Group" (aka TLG). Do you happen to know? If not, your statement is bollocks, mate :sadnew:

After looking at the figures, the theme doesn't appeal all that much to me. The figures are all we have to judge as of now, and they seem lackluster and boring to me. Nowhere near as cool as this years Ninjago snakes.

How is this pronounced? CH-EE-MUH or CH-EYE-MUH?

I'm pretty sure it's chee-muh because the set is called Chi Battles, so the "chi" in "Chima" probably refers to the Chinese word for life-force which is usually pronounced "chee".

... Meh. So far not interested. Minifigs aren't that great, if you ask me. Can't judge anything else since I have yet to see the models.

Kalhiki

Gets a pretty big "meh" in my book, but then I wasn't a huge fan of Ninjago either, so I guess these types of themes just aren't up my alley. I bet we'll be seeing a lot of them, too, given the success of Ninjago (strange that LEGO would replace it so soon, now that they've established the Ninjago universe so well).

Of course, I'll re-evaluate my opinion when I see official pictures of the complete line, but for now this is gonna be off my radar.

Also, that is one CRAZY Ebay fluke. Wow.

Well, this is a first......Lego actually popping up and asking nicely to remove links, etc., perhaps the theme might have a different name next year or powers greater than that of Lego i.e. Cartoon Networks owner TimeWarner wasn't happy with this being made public so soon ?

Well, this is a first......Lego actually popping up and asking nicely to remove links, etc., perhaps the theme might have a different name next year or powers greater than that of Lego i.e. Cartoon Networks owner TimeWarner wasn't happy with this being made public so soon ?

Well, Kim is a TLG ninja now and given his track record here, I think we should honour his/TLGs request, right? :classic:

But erasing links on the internet is a lot like trying to get rid of redwine stain on a white dress

The only problem I see here is that _dealers_ are showing CONFIDENTIAL catalogues to endusers. Not good at all. TLG should do something about this, I think

Also, some of the pics might be prelim and TLG may do some touching up so the pics are _not_ what we might expect in the shops. This again, is a TLG problem. It's their pics, don't want them on the 'net? Don't make them :sceptic:

Anyway, in a few days/weeks, this is gonna blow up and you can see all the pics on hundred of blogs/forums

But EB is the prime LEGO forum for a lot of EU/US users and if TLG don't want pics, we (well, the mods/owners) remove them as we like to stay in a good stance with those darn bricks makers from Billund, right? :wink:

That's fair play, no?

Sure, I'd luv to see the new stuff, but I can hang on for a few weeks, no worry. I'm still gonna buy the lot. No need to piss off TLG

Obviously LEGO is planning some big stuff for this theme, else I don't think they would have bothered to ask us to remove the links.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

The only problem I see here is that _dealers_ are showing CONFIDENTIAL catalogues to endusers. Not good at all.

Where exactly do you see this problem? The first information we got about this theme came from (ex-)Lego employees, and the pictures came from a prototype package on ebay (which was probably illegally leaked in some way). As far as I can tell, this particular situation has nothing to do with dealers showing catalogs. :sceptic:

Ahh, but those dealer catalogues are indeed confindential. If a dealer shows those pics to an enduser, he/she is breaking TLGs rules, at least that's what I've been told by an official LEGO dealer

While it may not be the case for those LoC pics, it's quite clear where Klaus-Dieter has his info from. I was making a more general statement on the leak issue

I'm sorry if I got all that mixed up :blush:

Anyway, I'm all for that if TLG don't those pics out, we (again, EB/staffers AND forumites) should honour that _even_ if they're out on various shady sites :sadnew:

But that's just imo, of course

What do you mean? LEGO has been around since the early 30's, allthough I'm not sure when they coined the term "The LEGO Group" (aka TLG). Do you happen to know? If not, your statement is bollocks, mate :sadnew:

:)

TLG, the new lego company staff, when they took over they pulled old Lego company from the brinck of bankruptcy. I like to think they came into "power" during 2006. introducing bionicle and fantasy era :) I loved the dwarfs, that does not mean I can not hate "money over quality" policy ;)

Edited by Angeli

I'm pretty sure it's chee-muh because the set is called Chi Battles, so the "chi" in "Chima" probably refers to the Chinese word for life-force which is usually pronounced "chee".

i agree with you on chi. but i think it's chee - meh.... "meh" because it's lackluster. :tongue: :tongue:

as for the pics... i don't quite understand the logic of removing them since this was of a physical product which was ebay'ed in July. this means someone actually has the prototype on hand. i can understand removing confidential pics of preliminary boxes, but an actual product? well... it blows the mind what we've been asked of by TLC. :laugh: well, i don't run the show here so my opinion doesn't matter. :wink:

They look bad... :look:

I'm not a fan of those vehicles and the figures look weird..

Hopefully the real ones are improved

The Interwebs never forget.

LEGO asks Eurobricks to be the nicest kid of the class; while the ' bullies' keep posting these pictures.

Policy is policy so I understand that Eurobricks wants to keep its close connection with LEGO. So Eurobricks is not to blame.

///

I've seen the pictures but need more info to judge the theme. :)

thunder?

Thunder??

THUNDERCATS HOOOooooOOOOOO!!! *huh*

Too soon? :blush:

HooooooOOOOooooo!!!

(I think me, you and uh... someone else? have done it so far. Be proud!)

Ok, so now we have seen some very early pictures and a little sign of what the theme is based around, to the point that it's moved over here to Action... I must remind you:

As Requested, No Picture Links until further notice, thanks.

Recall that these are very early prelims, compare/contrast to others and see what changes occur between that and the final product.

Also: This is a thread discussing a new theme, not Eurobricks Policy, TLG policy or anything other than Chima for 2013. There is probably a thread elsewhere to discuss these things.

Remember these rules and we'll all be ok!

:thumbup:

As spotted by Nori on the brickset news page, the new minifgure sticker book (Jan 2013) on Amazon has a Chima figure on the front (as well as I think the first look at the new ninjago outfits? but I digress). http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4200

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1409367827/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=1409367827&linkCode=as2&tag=brickset-21

51vaXsJPUkL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by andhe