Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur 2.0: Conclusion

Why did you kill me after I suggested it? Did you think I was a ghost killer, or did you really think I was scum? If I was scum, and I suggested you to kill me, wouldn't my team then know you were the vig?

I thought you were scum during the day thread which is why I voted for you. Our private conversation didn't change that.

Possibly, but probably not. As has been pointed out, it wouldn't have mattered much anyway as I claimed to Scuba on Day 2.

You definitely got the brunt of the criticism there. :blush: It also might not always have been constructive. :look: You doing OK? Were we too honest harsh?

Yes. :wink:

I thought you were scum during the day thread which is why I voted for you. Our private conversation didn't change that.

Possibly, but probably not. As has been pointed out, it wouldn't have mattered much anyway as I claimed to Scuba on Day 2.

Fair enough, suffice to say, I really sucked on day 1. :blush:

I think it was an interesting game that Scuba and co played though. Instead of using their knowledge of the power roles to slowly pick them off, they kept them alive and attempted to manipulate them into doing their will. This did work out quite nicely for them, for the most part, but I think after Scuba died they could have attempted to knock off some of those same power roles like Masked Builder, maybe even Shadows, etc. Using the process of elimination Masked Builder's investigation results did, probably quite significantly, help the town in catching the scum.

I think it was an interesting game that Scuba and co played though. Instead of using their knowledge of the power roles to slowly pick them off, they kept them alive and attempted to manipulate them into doing their will. This did work out quite nicely for them, for the most part, but I think after Scuba died they could have attempted to knock off some of those same power roles like Masked Builder, maybe even Shadows, etc. Using the process of elimination Masked Builder's investigation results did, probably quite significantly, help the town in catching the scum.

Note that the scum tried to kill fhomess night 4, if that would have succeeded, I'd say Masked should have been next, yes (I think that's what I would have done, is what I meant by that) but remember that Shadows would probably have been protecting Masked if fhomess was succesfully killed?( I think, anyway?). But also, Masked only got town results :laugh:. I don't think Rufus was a very tactical kill, swils, could you maybe remind why that was, I forgot :blush:. I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't know it anymore. But everything is easier to say in hindsight. :wink:

Scum didn't really try to keep the town PR's alive, but were systematically taking us out. Night 3 throught 7 scum kills were Watcher, Blocker, Vig (failed), Vanilla, Protector. Personally, I'd have gone after Shadows earlier, but you can't argue too much with the selections besides Rufus. Maybe they could've pushed more for a town PR as a lynch, but I think that might've increased suspicion since most of those names (besides Shadows) were public for a large portion of the game.

We were keeping Masked alive a little while because we deemed ourselves under the radar enough, and so decided to focus on other PRs. As it happened, he didn't investigate a single one of us.

We were keeping Masked alive a little while because we deemed ourselves under the radar enough, and so decided to focus on other PRs. As it happened, he didn't investigate a single one of us.

But he did clear others. :wink:

Scum didn't really try to keep the town PR's alive, but were systematically taking us out. Night 3 throught 7 scum kills were Watcher, Blocker, Vig (failed), Vanilla, Protector. Personally, I'd have gone after Shadows earlier, but you can't argue too much with the selections besides Rufus. Maybe they could've pushed more for a town PR as a lynch, but I think that might've increased suspicion since most of those names (besides Shadows) were public for a large portion of the game.

Oh, right, it's true. :blush:

Uhm...you all did a good job. Well done!

Some few weird things I picked up, primarily Capt.JohnPaul's "sting", the fanon thing, etc. I was so tempted to give someone the Fanon role on Night Eight just so we would see a Day Nine, but I was getting tired of hosting and so I ended it.

Throughout the process I figured that everyone hated the game and hated my hosting, which made me rather paranoid. I spent at least a day going through all the options of changing the game, which I did do for both sides.

Swils wasn't the godfather at the start of the game, so he would have come up as Scum until he was the last scum left and I decided to not only make him a landmine but also to make him show up as town. The town of course got the investigator and the tree stump.

I was really disappointed at the lack of roleplaying. I did include a lot of information in your character roles and I rather hoped you would get into them. A trend I've noticed recently is that people are treating these as face value games, and not as a sort of fun roleplaying game in which you also use strategy. I really disliked the lack of posting in the end of the game. I can't measure the activity of a player when they're behind the scenes. When they hardly post in the day thread, yet claim to be super active, it's tough.

A few of my thoughts, on Day One I thought that the game was pretty much downhill for the scum. Dannylonglegs tried so hard to get the town to coalesce around Scubacarrot, but to no avail. I also noticed that in later days people tried drawing inspiration from Excalibur 1.0, yet I had changed a lot of things since that game.

About CallMePie's role, I wanted a peaceful alien that wouldn't be a serial killer. I also wanted it to have a win result. I also intended on having Pie join the town, and be their investigator, but I don't know what he ended up doing.

Another confusing thing is that swils was investigated and found to be town on Night Seven, yet people still voted him off. Is that because they didn't trust you? Fhomess was going to kill you that night (I believe).

Waterbrick Down's oneshot kill was an effort to draw away from fhomess, who became paranoid and started killing off everyone in the townblock.

So, anything else?

For some reason, I had the impression the role-playing was not encouraged in EB Mafia games.

...I don't know why. :sceptic:

Oh, maybe it was because of R2's "Beep, chirp, click..." in Jedi Temple Mafia. :look:

*snip*

Great analysis. I always love your hosting Bob, no need to feel so paranoid. :blush:

I will admit, I used role-playing to my advantage in game 1.0, intentionally not roleplaying, and calling those who did so out as behaving scummy. Fhomess even gave me a message telling me to use character names. :laugh: In game 2.0 I had very little time to roleplay anyways.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Throughout the process I figured that everyone hated the game and hated my hosting, which made me rather paranoid. I spent at least a day going through all the options of changing the game, which I did do for both sides.

Hosting can make you very self-conscious. I know that when I host, any criticism makes me feel like my game is very fragile and that I've screwed something up. You'll learn over time to let those feelings roll off your back. Trust your game and stick to it. The host knows best when its his/her game. :thumbup:

Sign in to follow this