Sandy

Heroica RPG - Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

"Smoke Bomb, guys?

"Master Emorith won't survive another unavoidable Free Hit unless he's healed, Master Unth'or will only survive another unavoidable Free Hit with 1 Health unless he's healed and Remedied, and Master Rone won't survive the extra Free Hits if we take the time to heal Master Emorith and Master Unth'or and Remedy Master Unth'or."

Althior falls back, panting. "We're getting four phoenix essences if we survive this, so we can afford to lose a phoenix essence I think. I think no matter what someone will be KO'd this round, so let either Xander or I get KO'd, probably me. I can go after another enemy to avoid free hits, plus have to possibility of rolling a shield. Rone can Remedy Xander, who goes after another frog or the mellow crab to minimize damage. I'll get the carp so we don't get a free hit from him."

Suggested Action List in battle order:

Me: Carp

Rone: Remedy Xander

Xander: Frog or Crab

Docken: Some other enemy.

"Alright friends, we must decide what to do at this crossroads in the battle. My vote goes to continue battling, at least for now. My plan would require Docken going first, targeting the Phoenix, then either myself or Althior. I would target the Angry Crab while Althior aims a spell at the Magic Carp, hopefully defeating it and giving us one less enemy to worry about next round. Finally, Dyric would use a Remedy on me.

Assuming everything goes to plan, no one will die from the free hits. However, I am less certain if we can survive if bad luck befalls us again. The most important thing is to keep Docken alive in case of emergency, and under this plan he would not receive damage from free hits."

OOC: Any holes in my master plan? :tongue:

Edited by posades

OoC: With those three enemies targeted, Free Hits would be:

Wishing Starfish + Rainbow Frog D - Free Hit against Bartholomew Docken ((27+19)/2-15=8 Damage; 17 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog A + Mellow Crab - Free Hit against Xander Unth'or ((19+12)/2-5=11 Damage; 5 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog B - Free Hit against Althior Emorith (19/2-4=6 Damage; 0 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog C - Free Hit against Dyric Rone (19/2=10 Damage; 1 Health remaining)

And by the way, Sandy, Dyric's Health in the calculations is 11 HP, but his Health in the stats is a full 21 HP.

So Althior would be Knocked Out and you'd be close to Knocked Out, assuming no one rolls Damage or Special Damage. But if someone heals Althior (to full HP), the Free Hits become:

Wishing Starfish + Rainbow Frog D - Free Hit against Bartholomew Docken ((27+19)/2-15=8 Damage; 17 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog A + Angry Crab - Free Hit against Xander Unth'or ((19+40)/2-5=25 Damage; 0 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog B + Mellow Crab - Free Hit against Althior Emorith ((19+12)/2-4=12 Damage; 19 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog C - Free Hit against Dyric Rone (19/2=10 Damage; 1 Health remaining)

And then you're Knocked Out. And if we heal you (to full HP), the Free Hits become:

Phoenix + Rainbow Frog C - Free Hit against Bartholomew Docken ((45+19)/2-15=17 Damage; 8 Health remaining)

Wishing Starfish + Rainbow Frog D - Free Hit against Xander Unth'or ((27+19)/2-5=18 Damage; 13 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog A + Angry Crab - Free Hit against Althior Emorith ((19+40)/2-4=26 Damage; 5 Health remaining)

Rainbow Frog B + Mellow Crab - Free Hit against Dyric Rone ((19+12)/2=16 Damage; 0 Health remaining)

So then Dyric is Knocked Out.

I have nothing against continuing the fight, but I think it's unavoidable that someone's going to get Knocked Out, and that will only make the Free Hits worse for those of us remaining. If we do continue the fight, I'd rather we used a Smoke Bomb instead of a Phoenix Essence.

I say we do the first option with me getting KO'd. There's still a chance that I can roll a shield and get us back to full health, too. If something does happen that more than one of us gets KO'd, then you'll survive and can use a smoke bomb. So I say we get me KO'd, Dyric takes a potion or grand potion next round while Docken and Xander go after weaker enemies. When we Have Dyric back to sustainable health, he revives me, then I heal Xander while you two go after weak enemies again.

The thing I'm afraid of is that if we come back some of the enemies and their loot will be gone. But if everyone else thinks a smoke bomb is a wise thing, I'll go with the rest of the party.

OOC: aka you're afraid your wand might be gone. :tongue: I'm fine going one more round to see how are luck is, assuming there is no permutation where Docken can get knocked out. You have a bedroll, right K-nut? So when you get knocked out you can get your health back.

OoC: If I roll Aura, I should be Knocked Out. But Dyric can always Flee.

"Okay, let's try this for another Round."

I attack the Phoenix from the Back Row with my Darksteel Crossbow.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Xander Unth'or
  3. Dyric Rone
  4. Althior Emorith

OOC: aka you're afraid your wand might be gone. :tongue:

:innocent:

Althior sends a spell of Lightning at the Magic Carp from the back row.

Results of Round Four of the Rainbow Falls Battle:

>Bartholomew Docken (Darksteel Crossbow) vs. Phoenix - Special Damage (Empyreal Flame - Althior: 6 health+4 SP-(30/2=15 dmg)=0 health; Docken: 25 health+15 SP-(30/2=15 dmg)=25 health; Dyric: 11 health-(30/2=15 dmg)=0 health; Xander: 16 health+5 SP-(30/2=15 dmg)=6 health)

>Xander Unth'or vs. Angry Crab - Shield (Marking the Favoured - Angry Crab: 145 health-(31x3=93 dmg)=52 health)

>Dyric Rone uses Remedy on Xander

>Althior Emorith (Lightning) vs. Magic Carp - Damage

Wishing Starfish+Rainbow Frog A+Rainbow Frog C+Mellow Crab - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 25 health+15 SP-(27+19+19+12=77/2=39 dmg)=1 health)

Magic Carp+Rainbow Frog B+Rainbow Frog D - Free Hit vs. Xander (Xander: 6 health+5 SP-(66+19+19=104/2=52 dmg)=0 health)

Rainbow Frog B - Poisoned (Rainbow Frog: 124 health-1 dmg=123 health)

Angry Crab - Poisoned (Angry Crab: 52 health-1 dmg=51 health)

The Phoenix cries out and takes flight. It flaps its fiery wings, and burning plumes rain down on the heroes. Both Althior and Dyric are knocked out by the empyreal flame, and the others receive heavy damage from the strike as well. Xander manages to deal 93 damage to the Angry Crab, before he falls victim to the free hits of the remaining enemies. Docken is also overwhelmed by the attacks, but survives by the skin of his teeth.

Nine enemies encircle the sole hero standing.

Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-phoenix.jpg

Phoenix

Type: Flying/Fiery

Level: 45

Health: 1560/1632

Special I:
Phoenix Pyre
– The Phoenix reduces its health to one to bring back all defeated allies with full health. Used only after all allies have been defeated.

Special II:
Empyreal Flame
- Causes 30 fire-elemental damage to all opponents. Used when there are allies standing.

Drops: 4 Phoenix Essence

heroicafog-monster-wishingstarfish.jpg

Wishing Starfish

Type: Aquatic/Holy

Level: 27

Health: 381/381

Special:
Three Wishes
– One of three things happens: 1) up to 270 health is restored to all allies, 2) 27 light-elemental damage is caused to all opponents, or 3) all combatants fall asleep.

Drops: Wishing Wand (WP:12; each successful hit has ½ chance of inflicting either asleep-, blinded-, sealed- or confused-effect, according to what the user wishes)

heroicafog-monster-magiccarp.jpg

Magic Carp

Type: Aquatic

Level: 66

Health: 35/66

Special:
Splash
– Nothing happens.

Drops: Ether Core

heroicafog-monster-rainbowfrog.jpg

Rainbow Frog A

Type: Vermin/Aquatic

Level: 19

Health: 259/259

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin
– Causes badly poisoned- and enamored-effects on the target.

Drops: Remedy

Rainbow Frog B

*Poisoned*

Health: 123/259

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog C

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog D

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

heroicafog-monster-angrycrab.jpg

Angry Crab

*Poisoned*

Level: 40

Health: 51/240

Special:
Calm Down
– The Angry Crab turns into a Mellow Crab.

Drops: Mead

heroicafog-monster-mellowcrab.jpg

Mellow Crab

Level: 12

Health: 900/900

Special:
Rage Up
– The Mellow Crab turns into an Angry Crab.

Drops: Nostrum

Party:

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

32 years old male human Sage

Level 21 1/3
*Knocked Out*

Power:
31 (21+10) (36 for spells (21+10+5))

Defense:

Health:
0/31 (5+20+6)

Ether:
27/27 (5+20+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, dual strike; dagger), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, doubled if target is weak to the element; handwear), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4; bodywear)

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8; wand), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), 2 Potions, Tonic, Ether Core, Nostrum, Venom, Shovel, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

ava-bartholomew_warden.png

Bartholomew Docken (Brickdoctor)
***Party Leader***

31-year old human male Warden

Level 24 1/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(24+8)

Defense:

Health:
1/43
(6+23+8+6)

Gold:
(50 Gold loaned to Flipz)

GP:

Equipment:
Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect,
poisoned
), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (permanent scary-effect; headwear), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent
poisoned
-effect to a bow; backwear), Lover's Locket (immune to
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
Briar Bow (WP: 11;
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
), Frozen Saber (WP: 9;
stuns
enemies; longsword), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5;
poisoned
), White Marksman's Hat (â…™ chance of assassination vs. flying monsters; hat), 2 Aquamarines (
Water
), 3 Potions, Health Core, Grand Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone (The Legonater)

20 years old male human Rogue

Level 15 ½
*Lucky*
*Knocked Out*

Power:
25 (15+10)

Health
: 0/21 (7+14)

Gold
: 837

GP:

Equipment:
Double Chain Whip (WP:10),
Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect; accessory)

Inventory
: Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)
Aqua Gear (
Adds water-element to physical attacks and protects from water-elemental damage, accessory),
2 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, 3 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Smelling Salts, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

24 year-old male human Hunter

Level 18 ½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness*
*Favours Beasts and Aquatic monsters*
*Knocked Out*

Power:
(18+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
0/31
(8+17+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's,
poisoned
), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect; backwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear)

Inventory:
Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), 2 Potions, Grand Potion, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Fire Bomb, Elven Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Black Pearl (Worth 75 gold)

Party Leader, choose the order of action. Everyone, choose your actions and targets.

Results of Round Five of the Rainbow Falls Battle:

>Bartholomew Docken uses Smoke Bomb

Docken throws one of his Smoke Bombs, and covered by the fog he drags his three half-conscious companions away from the waterfall.

THE BATTLE IS TERMINATED!

The heroes get no experience, GP or loot.

Party:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Level 21 1/3

Power:

Defense:

Health:
1/31 (5+20+6)

Ether:
27/27 (5+20+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, dual strike; dagger), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, doubled if target is weak to the element; handwear), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4; bodywear)

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8; wand), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), 2 Potions, Tonic, Ether Core, Nostrum, Venom, Shovel, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

***Party Leader***

Level 24 1/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(24+8)

Defense:

Health:
1/43
(6+23+8+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
poisoned
), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (permanent scary-effect; headwear), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent
poisoned
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
stuns
poisoned
), White Marksman's Hat (â…™ chance of assassination vs. flying monsters; hat), 2 Aquamarines (
Water
), 3 Potions, Health Core, Grand Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

dscf0014.jpg

Level 15 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
25 (15+10)

Health
: 1/21 (7+14)

Gold

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory
: Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)
Aqua Gear (
Adds water-element to physical attacks and protects from water-elemental damage, accessory),
2 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, 3 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Smelling Salts, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 18 ½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness*

Power:
(18+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
19/31
(8+17+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect; backwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear)

Inventory:
Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), 2 Potions, Grand Potion, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Fire Bomb, Elven Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Black Pearl (Worth 75 gold)

Where will the party head next?

heroicafog-location-centralsanctuary.jpg

Althior and Dyric recover full health and ether at the Sanctuary.

Party:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Level 21 1/3

Power:

Defense:

Health:
31/31 (5+20+6)

Ether:
27/27 (5+20+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood

***Party Leader***

Level 24 1/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(24+8)

Defense:

Health:
1/43
(6+23+8+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
poisoned
poisoned
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
stuns
poisoned
Water
), 3 Potions, Health Core, Grand Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

dscf0014.jpg

Level 15 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
25 (15+10)

Health
: 21/21 (7+14)

Gold

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory
Aqua Gear (

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 18 ½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness*

Power:
(18+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
19/31
(8+17+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect; backwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear)

Inventory:

Where will the party head next?

OoC: Can we assume that Althior and Dyric give the Bedrolls to Xander and Docken, just as Docken gave his Bedroll to Dyric the first time we were here?

OoC: Can we assume that Althior and Dyric give the Bedrolls to Xander and Docken, just as Docken gave his Bedroll to Dyric the first time we were here?

QM Note: No, that was a special case. :tongue:Frankly put, there's no point of having bedrolls in the first place if the whole party could sleep in one.

OoC: Aww. :sad:

"Master Emorith, please heal Master Unth'or and myself. Master Rone, equip your Sticky Gloves, and I don't know if you want to give Master Unth'or your Loaded Die or not. Master Unth'or, do you want my White Marksman's Hat?"

OoC: Aww. :sad:

"Master Emorith, please heal Master Unth'or and myself. Master Rone, equip your Sticky Gloves, and I don't know if you want to give Master Unth'or your Loaded Die or not. Master Unth'or, do you want my White Marksman's Hat?"

"As it stands now, no I don't believe it's needed. If we were to battle lower level enemies so I could reach lv. 20 and equip three artifacts it may prove useful, but otherwise I need the added protection of my heavy armor."

"That's actually not a bad idea. I didn't think the Level or Health upgrades would be that significant, but having more artifact slots could be helpful. Do you guys want to go through some of the easier areas?"

Althior heals all that need healing "Should Dyric perhaps give me the lucky die in case we have another case where we need a lot of healing? It would definitely help the healing process, but if you'd prefer he or someone else hold it, I would be fine with it.

Yes, we could go through some easier areas for farming purposes if nothing else,"

"Heh, farming." :tongue:

"Okay, it seems we have decided to go to a previous area to train ourselves. I will follow wherever Docken decides to go."

"Either is acceptable; one will most likely net us better consumables, while the other we can defeat more quickly."

MISTY POND

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-unicorn.jpg

Unicorn

Type: Beast/Holy

Level: 28

Health: 363/363

Special I:
Healing Horn
– Restores 100 health to self. Used only at reduced health.

Special II:
Stampede
– Causes 16 damage to all opponents. Used only at full health.

Drops: 4 Remedies

heroicafog-monster-dryad.jpg

Dryad A

Type: Humanoid/Plant

Level: 16

Health: 242/242

Special:
Poison Ivy
– Causes the bound- and poisoned-effects to the target.

Drops: Remedy, Venom

heroicafog-monster-dryad.jpg

Dryad B

Type: Humanoid/Plant

Level: 16

Health: 242/242

Special:
Poison Ivy
– Causes the bound- and poisoned-effects to the target.

Drops: Remedy, Venom

heroicafog-monster-blackadder.jpg

Black Adder

Type: Vermin

Level: 12

Health: 127/127

Special:
Deadly Poisonous Bite
– Causes the badly poisoned-effect to the target

Drops: Deadly Venom

heroicafog-monster-creeper.jpg

Creeper A

Type: Beast/Vermin

Level: 10

Health: 79/79

Special:
Creep Out
– Causes the afraid- and weakened-effects to the target.

Drops: Grand Potion

Note: All untargeted Creepers gather to cause a Free Hit on the same target.

Creeper B

Special:
Creep Out

Creeper C

Special:
Creep Out

Creeper D

Special:
Creep Out

Creeper E

Special:
Creep Out

Party:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Level 21 1/3

Power:

Defense:

Health:
31/31 (5+20+6)

Ether:
25/27 (5+20+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood

***Party Leader***

Level 24 1/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(24+8)

Defense:

Health:
43/43
(6+23+8+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
poisoned
poisoned
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
stuns
poisoned
Water

dscf0014.jpg

Level 15 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
25 (15+10)

Health
: 21/21 (7+14)

Gold

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory
Aqua Gear (

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 18 ½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness*

Power:
(18+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
31/31
(8+17+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:

Party leader, post the order of action. Everyone, choose your actions.