Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

"Ooo, well chosen words elf, pardon me not knowing your name. It was something long that I can't quite remember at the moment.

"But as for you, 'demigod'. What would make us believe you have any elves whatsoever? Seriously? Since when have elves followed your type. You are clearly not an elf, unless I am insanely mistaken, and it's a rare thing indeed the day that 1000s of elves follow any race of peoples. I am more inclined to believe that you are either an outright liar or you are drunkard, who can mysteriously speak clearly. While I mention drunkenness, I would advise you, Eric, to watch what you put to your lips. I see that you have quite a stash of alcoholic beverages on your person, and it would not be a good thing for you to join our friend here in his...state of mind."

Most people just call my by my nickname "Erdy" even those I have known for quite a while can't quite spell Erdathcath properly, and my last name is even harder to spell.

The monk is right, elves would never follow someone like you!

"Ooo, well chosen words elf, pardon me not knowing your name. It was something long that I can't quite remember at the moment.

"But as for you, 'demigod'. What would make us believe you have any elves whatsoever? Seriously? Since when have elves followed your type. You are clearly not an elf, unless I am insanely mistaken, and it's a rare thing indeed the day that 1000s of elves follow any race of peoples. I am more inclined to believe that you are either an outright liar or you are drunkard, who can mysteriously speak clearly. While I mention drunkenness, I would advise you, Eric, to watch what you put to your lips. I see that you have quite a stash of alcoholic beverages on your person, and it would not be a good thing for you to join our friend here in his...state of mind."

odzaph_the_semi-mad_demi-god_-_icon.jpg

"Well, if you don't believe in my army of thousands of elves... um... er... I wasn't expecting that response... uuuuuuuuuhhhhhh.... would you believe five and a half ticked-off cub scouts wielding pocketknives?"

"Well, if you don't believe in my army of thousands of elves... um... er... I wasn't expecting that response... uuuuuuuuuhhhhhh.... would you believe five and a half ticked-off cub scouts wielding pocketknives?"

"Well, at least you are getting somewhere closer to realm of reason. Perhaps the drunkenness is wearing away, eh?" :hmpf_bad:

Well, that does sound more likely, but due to your stuttering, I can pretty much assume you just need help with something, however, you don't know how to ask properly.

"Well, at least you are getting somewhere closer to realm of reason. Perhaps the drunkenness is wearing away, eh?" :hmpf_bad:

"Uh, er, um, yeah, whatever. I'm not drunk. I'm just semi-mad, thats all."

Well, that does sound more likely, but due to your stuttering, I can pretty much assume you just need help with something, however, you don't know how to ask properly.

Turning to hear the elf say this, a new fire lights up the semi-mad demi-god's eyes.

"I do NOT need your help, puny mortals! I don't not know why I asked you in the first place. But now I know one thing - since you will not join me... it is time for you to die!"

---

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies Enemy:

Odzaph the Semi-Mad Demi-God

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1764/1764

Special: Lunatical ranting - The insane blabbering causes the
Weakened
effect on the target for the next 3 turns.

Drops: 84 gold, 1 soma

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*

Power: 33

Health: 36/36

Gold: 348

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row),
Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (13x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Power: 16

Defense: 5

Health: 19/19

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 72

Inventory:
Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)
, Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy (3), Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Power: 26

Health: 31/31

Ether: 17/17

Gold: 253

Inventory:
Tritech Handcannon (WP:10),
Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle),
Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify),
6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Rusted Knife (WP: 10, Badly Poisoned effect, 1/1 uses left), Ruby.

---

Oh boy, hosting my first battle! I'm sure to mess something up :grin:

OOC: Don't worry, it is my first time as a druid, so I have no idea what I am doing. How do clerics normally attack?

I will attack Odzaph from the Back Row.

OOC: Don't worry, it is my first time as a druid, so I have no idea what I am doing. How do clerics normally attack?

QM Note: What do you mean, how do they normally attack? You're not a cleric, you're a druid, so what does it matter how a cleric attacks... :look: That's Pretzel's problem :tongue:

Edited by Flare

QM Note: What do you mean, how do they normally attack? You're not a cleric, you're a druid, so what does it matter how a cleric attacks... :look: That's Pretzel's problem :tongue:

Druids attack as either Rangers or clerics.

Druids attack as either Rangers or clerics.

Ah. You just say, if you're going to be attacking or healing. I'm assuming that your attacking :wink:

Ah. You just say, if you're going to be attacking or healing. I'm assuming that your attacking :wink:

Ok, that makes things simple. And I can still use my handcannon, correct?

Ok, that makes things simple. And I can still use my handcannon, correct?

"Weapons: Druids can wield anything suitable for a ranger or a cleric."

Read up about your role, buddy :tongue:

Having seemingly underestimated the stranger's strength, Eric decides to take a dose of Smelling Salts too, increasing his hitting power. As he sniffs the salts, he unsheaths Godricsleif, preparing to attack the following turn.

Having seemingly underestimated the stranger's strength, Eric decides to take a dose of Smelling Salts too, increasing his hitting power. As he sniffs the salts, he unsheaths Godricsleif, preparing to attack the following turn.

"I believe the round you sniff those Smelling Salts you can also attack, Eric," I say, as I mount my cross and fly forward. Striking the villain from the back row.

"I believe the round you sniff those Smelling Salts you can also attack, Eric," I say, as I mount my cross and fly forward. Striking the villain from the back row.

Nope, consuming an item counts as an action and thus uses up my turn.

Also, I forgot to post the battle order:

Battle Order:

Erdathcath

Eric uses Smelling Salts

Pretzel

I shall gladly go first! Whatever remains of his body you guys can enjoy destroying! default_devg1.gif

Got to go for a few hours, just have my same attack being continued. Eric is in charge of Erdy.

Nope, consuming an item counts as an action and thus uses up my turn.

But I believe with Smelling Salts it hastens you for this round as well, therefore enabling you to have two actions. :sceptic:

Okay, since I apparently do get a second turn this round, here's an updated Battle Order:

Erdathcath

Eric takes Smelling Salts

Eric attacks, front row

Pretzel

Results of Round One:

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Aim

Eric takes smelling salts

Eric vs. Odzaph - Steal

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Critical Hit

To start off the battle, Erdy aims her handcannon and manages to cause 10 damage to Odzaph. Eric decides to take some smelling salts, and now feeling a little woozy he doesn't manage to hurt the demigod but instead steals from him 18 27 gold. The demigod is surprised for a second by this dirty trick, which is enough time for Monk Pretzel to perform a Critical Hit, striking Odzaph with 21 damage.

Enemy:

Odzaph the Semi-Mad Demi-God

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1733/1764

Special: Lunatical ranting - The insane blabbering causes the
Weakened
effect on the target for the next 3 turns.

Drops: 84 gold, 1 soma

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*

Power: 33

Health: 36/36

Gold: 375

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row),
Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (13x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Power: 16

Defense: 5

Health: 19/19

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 72

Inventory:
Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)
, Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy (3), Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Power: 26

Health: 31/31

Ether: 17/17

Gold: 253

Inventory:
Tritech Handcannon (WP:10),
Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle),
Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify),
6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Rusted Knife (WP: 10, Badly Poisoned effect, 1/1 uses left), Ruby.

Party leader, please post the battle order. Everyone, choose your actions.

Eric, since you are encouraged, does that mean you should've stolen twice as much gold or does the encouraged state only count for attacks? Also, for which attacks do your gloves help? For your shield only, or also for "steal"?

Edited by Flare

I'll have to check about those Gloves in the R&D topic. I think I get +50% from all steal-based attacks, but I'm not sure :look: . Also, my Steal is not affected by my Mead, only my Ravage attack gets doubled :classic: (EDIT: and any other attack involving WP, of course).

Eric grunted at the measly 18 gold pieces he stole. With fire in his eyes, he charged the demi-god again.

Eric attacks from the front row, using Godricsleif (twice).

Battle Order:

Eric attacks

Eric attacks

Erdathcath

Pretzel

Edited by Khorne

I zip behind the "demi-god" on my cross, and strike him from behind.

"Take that, scummy devil!"

I think it's safe to say that so long as we are not sustaining damage, we will keep on fighting like this, correct? :sceptic:

I zip behind the "demi-god" on my cross, and strike him from behind.

"Take that, scummy devil!"

I think it's safe to say that so long as we are not sustaining damage, we will keep on fighting like this, correct? :sceptic:

Sure, if you want me to keep auto-rolling the dice until one of you are hurt, then that would be fine. What does the Party Leader say about that?

Edited by Flare

Sure, if you want me to keep auto-rolling the dice until one of you are hurt, then that would be fine. What does the Party Leader say about that?

Go right ahead :classic:

Go right ahead :classic:

So should I wait for The_Customizer to post or should we just assume that she will attack like previously?

So should I wait for The_Customizer to post or should we just assume that she will attack like previously?

I see no reason why she would change her attack, so go ahead and roll until one of us gets hurt :classic: .