Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Review: 9678 Bespin and Cloudcar/Lobot

Good review, 'Solscud007'! :thumbup:

Lobot's side printing is phenomenal. I'm not picking up this set, but that Lobot figure sparks so much potential for other licensed themes.

Nice review! This is probably my favorite planet set, but I'm just not sure if I should go out and buy it. If I get one, then I feel like I need to get them all. :laugh:

With the original Lobot in my collection, I'm really frustrated with how much better this fig looks. I had no plans to pick up any of these planet sets, but I am indeed tempted...

Thanks for the review!

Is it just me or does Lobot's back printing on his head seem a bit misprinted?

With the original Lobot in my collection, I'm really frustrated with how much better this fig looks. I had no plans to pick up any of these planet sets, but I am indeed tempted...

Same. I never had an interest in the figs up until Lobot. I'm tempted to get him.

Thanks for the pics, Solscud! It's about time EB got together to talk about 360 degree head printing! :grin:

Thanks for the review!

Yes, it looks like the two halves don't quite align. It's clear how the "360 degree head print" is done: the head is printed in thirds, with the face on one third and the headpiece divided into two parts that must be carefully aligned. It looks good, but the fact that we haven't seen it on any of the 2013 figures (such as the masked Dark Knight Rises-style Bane) suggests (to me at least) that 360 degree head prints won't be commonplace anytime soon. As a side question: I wonder if these Lobots are printed in Denmark or China?

Edited by Pellaeon

Thanks for the pics, Solscud! It's about time EB got together to talk about 360 degree head printing! :grin:

Yes, it looks like the two halves don't quite align. It's clear how the "360 degree head print" is done: the head is printed in thirds, with the face on one third and the headpiece divided into two parts that must be carefully aligned. It looks good, but the fact that we haven't seen it on any of the 2013 figures (such as the masked Dark Knight Rises-style Bane) suggests (to me at least) that 360 degree head prints won't be commonplace anytime soon. As a side question: I wonder if these Lobots are printed in Denmark or China?

I sure hope it's Denmark. I really don't want people to start complaining about Chinese printing.

Nice pics! I love this new set - Lobot's great, and as I was building the Cloud Car, I was really impressed by the building techniques put on here.

Yep. The two halves of his "headpiece" don't align exactly.

As a side question: I wonder if these Lobots are printed in Denmark or China?

Seeing as this is the only planet set of this wave that has parts made in China, it could very well be a possibility unfortunately.

I'm really looking forward to getting this set, as soon as it goes on sale! I refuse to spend £10 on it, although I love the new Lobot figure :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Nice pics! I love this new set - Lobot's great, and as I was building the Cloud Car, I was really impressed by the building techniques put on here.

I picked this up because I needed a couple points to hit 800 and it's retiring soon. I too, was very impressed by this little build. How many kits actually go SNOT in all six directions? (OK, 5 plus the top, something has to be the top, right?)