MikeyB

Chaos in Borland

Lord Rex,

Ash and smoke filled the air as a fire elemental attacked the village of Borland in the North of Circardia.

four7-M.jpg

The creature attacked suddenly and without warning. The ground split and it rose up, surrounded by fire and spouting flames at everything in its wake, including people.

four5-M.jpg

Four1-M.jpg

four11-M.jpg

The villagers and animals fled in fear.

four6-M.jpg

Some desperately tried to protect their homes.

four4-M.jpg

The Phoenix Guard and soldiers of Avalonia stood their ground against the attack but their arrows and pikes did little if any damage.

four13-M.jpg

Finally our savior came at our darkest hour.

The old hermit woman, Corra appeared and conjured up a sphere of water that floated in front of her. The sphere continued to grow and suddenly exploded sending a shower of water over the elemental. The elemental retreated and back into the earth and while Corra created more water spheres and extinguished the remaining fires with out saying a word and returned as suddenly as she appeared.

four14-M.jpg

Without doubt, there is more to Corra than we thought we knew. She certainly saved the village from total destruction.

Lord Arlindus, Lord of Circardia and Captain of the Phoenix Guard.

four12-M.jpg

more photos and larger photos a the following link

http://mikey.smugmug.com/Other/Lego-MOC/20210181_Wcn3cX#!i=2008155538&k=FwDZ55q

taht is one mean elemental ;)

great job ;)

are those guys shooting (wooden) arows at a being made of fire?:)))

Excellent build as always! Your elemental is really neat :thumbup: The stone wall is a very nice detail too, your micro-scale forest on fire works well too :classic:

I like the elemental- form the top he sort of looks like a minotaur.

I like the spiraling fire. It has a pretty sweet effect.

There are a lot of good little details here. I like the guy with the water bucket and the fleeing villagers. Your photos do a really good job of framing the action. Even the horse seems terrified!

The spiraling fire does have a good look to it. A great build. I'm happy to hear that your people survived the elemental attacks...

Edit: Can we see a better picture of your micro-scenery?

Edited by Penkid11

well not all made it. Notice the burning corpse near the elemental?

The spiraling fire was a pain. It kept falling apart. I wanted to do another level or two higher of the flames but I just felt it wasn't worth the headache!

Here is a quick shot of the micro scene.

DSC0577-M.jpg

And 500th post! Thanks to GoH, I went from a four year lurker to posting nearly every day!

Edited by MikeyB

Great job on this! I love how you built the flames to flow together in separate streams (I totally know what you mean about falling apart, I got so angry when I was assembling mine to photograph :angry: ). I also love a lot of the little details - the corpse is great, the running villager and the flame spurting onto the cart. The panicing guy throwing water out the window is great. Wonderful build!

Very nice entry! the elemental is great, also the guy trying to put out the fire looks familiar default_blink.gif (no really, same face, same hair...)

Congrats on your night-hood!

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Nice entry here. The fire effect is really great. I really like how it's scorging the earth!

And 500th post! Thanks to GoH, I went from a four year lurker to posting nearly every day!

I can totally understand what you mean. Ever since GOH I can't be dragged away from my LEGO table! :thumbup:

Great scene, so many lovely details! Great elemental and though it is rather simple, i love your usage of the new LOTR-horse.

Really nice details MikeyB! Congratulations on your knighthood! :thumbup:

Very good to see Corra back in action. My favourite scenes here are the fleeing chickens and horse, and the charred corpses, very gruesome. Great build!

:classic:

Edited by robuko

I love the fifth shot of the villager and horse, it is framed perfect and really gives a sense of terror and fear. Great job!

I agree with you, the spiraling fire is a pain, no matter how careful I was the smallest movement knocked it down and I gave up on it. I'm glad you had the patience to pull it off - it looks great here!

@Zach I don't follow Anime so any similarities between my Corra and any other is coincidental. But now my curiosity is up and I will have to check it out (the dame thing happened when someone said one of my other builds had a Game of Thrones reference. I had never seen it, and I checked it out and am now hooked watch both season at least twice (thanks to HBO's on demand) and have read the first three books and now on my fourth!

@Rolli, I love the new horses, I knew I wanted to use him fleeing once the challenge was announced.

@Eyrnlasgalen the dutch tilt on the photo gives a bit more movement as well. I ordered nearly 200 of those flame pieces off Bricklink and was determined to use them! (luckily I got them for about .015 cent each)

Thanks to everyone on there comments.

I do have a light brick inside the elemental but the rain here yesterday prevented me from shooting it the way I wanted too so you cant really get the full effect so I didn't include any of those photos. I will add one or two in the next day or two if I can get a good shot if anyone is interested.

Great MOC! Love how all the characters are placed in action!default_thumbup.gif Cool elemental and farm as well!

I like it a lot!!

It has a very MikeyB feeling to it and that is great! Feel sorry for those poors soldiers fighting fire with wood! Great to see that you use your old characters in your mocs! :thumbup:

thanks again for the positive replies.

I wanted to develop Corra's background a bit more since introducing here in my challenge III MOC. something about an old woman living in the wood by herself for years and years, got to me more to her than just crazy (well Im sure she is a bit crazy)

Really nice entry!

I had to laught with guy with his bucket with water, nice done!

Also great work on the fire, houses and detailing :classic:

thanks again for the positive replies.

I wanted to develop Corra's background a bit more since introducing here in my challenge III MOC. something about an old woman living in the wood by herself for years and years, got to me more to her than just crazy (well Im sure she is a bit crazy)

Perhaps she can bend, er, conjure more than water? :D

Awsome :thumbup:

I like the guy with the pot of water and the witch with this great use of the hippies hair. :classic:

Great job again Mikey. Nice details like the burned guy. And the head of the elemental looks really good with the horns. Also nice job on the stone wall :classic: