Cecilie

Modular Madness: Hospital

indexed.gif B-PM-02C

After it was decided to build a new hospital outside town, investers turned the old one into a private clinic. It is a very popular hospital to give birth in, so they have had to expand the maternity ward by building an extra section at the back of the hospital.

The architecture for the facade is based on a real hospital in my home city of Oslo (although the real one is much bigger :tongue:), and the ambulance is modelled after how ambulances looked in Oslo around the 80s-90s.

7684460518_5e98234c89_z.jpg

Here you can see the new section that was built.

7684460010_e23a6cf6fc_z.jpg

The reception area, with a waiting area and a doctor's office. The building has an elevator that works in a similar way to the one in Town Hall, but this one has sliding doors! (Check out my flickr for pics)

7684485718_bc3c69ff3d_z.jpg

The popular maternity ward.

7684490766_e7a4337d76_z.jpg

Cafeteria and MRI machine.

7684469842_6dc7bd0ca1_z.jpg

There are many many more pics in my flickr stream, I hope you'll check them out to see lots of more details :sweet:.

This is an awesome build. The structure itself is beautiful. Not only the front but the back is a work of art too! Then we get to look inside and see all the wonderful details there. I would love to have this hospital sitting next to my petshop in a town layout. :wub:

The lintels of the windows are really well done! I like the brick-built hospital symbol!

All the best to your entry!

Very nice. The best part is definitely the window trimmings. The only thing I can say against this is that I'm wondering why that guy is afraid of the MRI machine :laugh:

Wow! I really like it! Nice colours and design, and many great build solutions, like the front door and the hospital sign. The interior is nice as well. I like how you made the babies. Overall very impressive!

Two words.....AWESOME :excited: and beautiful :wub: creation 'Cecille'.....so much in this creation inside and out....good luck and Brick On ! :classic:

This is brilliant! The exterior design is beautiful, and the inside is packed with details. And that Mercedes Rescueline ambulance is spot-on :) Well done - are you planning to keep this for a while? Would love to see it up close in September or November.

The only thing I can say against this is that I'm wondering why that guy is afraid of the MRI machine :laugh:

I'm guessing he's probably claustrophobic. I've never been inside such a machine, but I hear it's a very common reaction :)

I'm guessing he's probably claustrophobic. I've never been inside such a machine, but I hear it's a very common reaction :)

Yeah, those machines are super scary. :oh3:

The entries to this contest are incredible - I honestly can't keep up. This one really caught my eye - the windows are wonderful and the interiors are also very well done. I like that you also included an ambulance - very much in keeping with the official line like the Fire Brigade. Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Simply awesome.

The maternity really do capture the feel of real ones, I love the babies (clever idea) and the overall details.

One of the best entries in my opinion (among other fantastic buildings, I never thought this contest would bring such beauties) :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! :cry_happy:

I would love to have this hospital sitting next to my petshop in a town layout. :wub:

So would I :grin:. I just need a town layout, and to build my petshop :laugh:

The lintels of the windows are really well done! I like the brick-built hospital symbol!

Somebody recognized the hospital symbol! :sweet:

Very nice. The best part is definitely the window trimmings. The only thing I can say against this is that I'm wondering why that guy is afraid of the MRI machine :laugh:

You really need to try getting a scan sometime, they are super claustrophobic, and make an awful noise! :tongue:

Wow! I really like it! Nice colours and design, and many great build solutions, like the front door and the hospital sign. The interior is nice as well. I like how you made the babies. Overall very impressive!

I made the babies first, then put in other minifigs later. Realizing afterwards that there's only one mother in there at the moment (still giving birth!) and 4 babies! :laugh:

This is brilliant! The exterior design is beautiful, and the inside is packed with details. And that Mercedes Rescueline ambulance is spot-on :) Well done - are you planning to keep this for a while? Would love to see it up close in September or November.

Yey, a Norwegian recognizing the ambulance, success! :sweet: And yes, this is going to stay built for a looong time. Too much effort to just smash :tongue:. It'll be at both those events you mention :wink:

The entries to this contest are incredible - I honestly can't keep up. This one really caught my eye - the windows are wonderful and the interiors are also very well done. I like that you also included an ambulance - very much in keeping with the official line like the Fire Brigade. Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Thanks! That means a lot coming from one of my favourite builders of modular buildings!

One of the best entries in my opinion (among other fantastic buildings, I never thought this contest would bring such beauties) :thumbup:

The competition really is tough!

:thumbup: Great build that I have been hearing so much about. Wish I was able to actually make decent buildings :laugh: That ambulance turned out great too.

Good luck in the contest :classic:

:thumbup: Great build that I have been hearing so much about. Wish I was able to actually make decent buildings :laugh: That ambulance turned out great too.

Good luck in the contest :classic:

And thank you for the help getting the base of my ambulance going, and especially for the suggestion for the wheels, much appreciated :sweet:.

Awesome creation, Cecilie!

Not only you have build a hospital - gotta love you for this - but a very nice and comfy one!

I especially like the arched windows build with plates :wub_drool: although I must say the 1x2 plates don't work so well lie the 1x1's do.

And you built a micromodel as well! :oh:

Great work! :thumbup:

Awesome creation, Cecilie!

Not only you have build a hospital - gotta love you for this - but a very nice and comfy one!

I especially like the arched windows build with plates :wub_drool: although I must say the 1x2 plates don't work so well lie the 1x1's do.

And you built a micromodel as well! :oh:

Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks :grin:. But, 1x1s? There are no dark orange 1x1 plates :tongue: (and oh how I have cursed that during this project!)

Love it! Especially the windows and the interior!

Thank you :classic:

Hospital is not a common sight in LEGO, and yours is a great sight. I like the architectural style with tan and brownish facade details. The addition of the maternity ward is greatly composed in the old building, and using a more modern style. The interiors is well done as well. Good luck in the contest!

This is absolutely the best modular house I have seen so far!

I love the color scheme, the details over the windows, the hospital sign, the elevator inside, all the details inside and all the rest :)

This also shows that a hospital does not need to be a big white building.

Hope you win this contest!

Awesome design.

I just love the arches.

Good luck. :thumbup: