Kristel

G'day from Australia

Hello, my name is Kristel.

I came out of my dark ages about a year ago when I was surfing the net looking for LEGO sets to buy for my daughter, who was four at the time. I came across some amazing MOCs, fell in love with the modular buildings and then stumbled across BrickLink.

I submitted an entry to the Modular Madness competition a couple of days ago and someone asked me where I had been hiding. The simple answer is: in the LEGO room (formerly known as our dining room).

Welcome in Eurobricks Kristel :classic:

I like your entry a lot :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good luck

Ah, the 'I need LEGO for my daughter' excuse. :grin:

You do know that the dining room is just the start? :laugh:

Anyway, Welcome to Eurobricks again.

Ah, BrickLink. You'll be hooked for life, now! :laugh: It starts on the dining room table, then takes over a bookcase, then next thing you know every horizontal surface in your house is covered in LEGO. :tongue: Welcome!

Ah, the 'I need LEGO for my daughter' excuse. :grin:

You do know that the dining room is just the start? :laugh:

Anyway, Welcome to Eurobricks again.

I don't use the daughter excuse anymore. My husband thinks LEGO is my mid-life crisis and is happy to go with the flow because it is better than drugs, alcohol or gambling.

Ah, BrickLink. You'll be hooked for life, now! :laugh: It starts on the dining room table, then takes over a bookcase, then next thing you know every horizontal surface in your house is covered in LEGO. :tongue: Welcome!

It is already taking over and BrickLink is proving to be very addictive. I started with a few storage boxes on top of the drawers behind the dining table ... then a row of storage drawers, which meant I needed a small bookcase for those original storage boxes. Might as well buy two I said at the time, just in case ... these are now just about full.

I am currently wondering where I can hide the hubby's remote control helicopter, which sits on a little corner table in the lounge room that is the perfect size to put the 10225 R2-D2 on!

I am currently wondering where I can hide the hubby's remote control helicopter, which sits on a little corner table in the lounge room that is the perfect size to put the 10225 R2-D2 on!

hang him on the ceeling :sweet:

any way welkom

Hello, my name is Kristel.

I came out of my dark ages about a year ago when I was surfing the net looking for LEGO sets to buy for my daughter, who was four at the time. I came across some amazing MOCs, fell in love with the modular buildings and then stumbled across BrickLink.

I submitted an entry to the Modular Madness competition a couple of days ago and someone asked me where I had been hiding. The simple answer is: in the LEGO room (formerly known as our dining room).

Hi Kristel. Welcome.

Gee, I forgot to say welcome before.....so welcome to EB fellow Aussie who has their kid to thank for reintroducing them to the magic of the brick.

Brick On 'Kristel' ! :sweet:

Knowing now you are in Brisbane have you hit up your local AFOL group?

I've been to Bricks'n'Fun a couple of times to pick up BrickLink orders and talked to Gary (?) about the BLTG meetings they have there, but it is a little out of my way. I'm not aware of any other AFOL groups in this area.

I'll be visiting BrisBricks later this month and hope to meet some of the local AFOLs there. I'll be the one with the semi-interested husband and the worst behaved 5.5 year old.

Ha ha that will be a quarter of all the people at BrisBricks.

And yeh thats the Brisbane scene. We get people travel up from the Gold coast, down from Toowoomba and down from the Sunshine coast.

I don't use the daughter excuse anymore. My husband thinks LEGO is my mid-life crisis and is happy to go with the flow because it is better than drugs, alcohol or gambling.

But not cheaper. :tongue:

Welcome to EB Kristel, might see you at Brickvention if you make it down next year. :thumbup:

Welcome Kristel

I tried the "It's the daughter's" excuse for a little while, but that only lasted until the dining room table was a city layout, which was only a couple of months, after that no one believed me. She does encourage me to buy more Lego though, and I must admit its hard to say no.

Bricks N Fun is dangerous when I take her in there.

If you're at BrisBricks on the Monday, I'm sure my daughter (she's 6) would be more than happy to show you're daughter her Friends collection. I'll have to find a spot to put it in the large city display I'm doing or I'll be a very naughty daddy.

And my solution for Lego overtaking the dining room - get a bigger house. I did, and its wonderful.

If you're at BrisBricks on the Monday, I'm sure my daughter (she's 6) would be more than happy to show you're daughter her Friends collection. I'll have to find a spot to put it in the large city display I'm doing or I'll be a very naughty daddy.

She would like that. I'll keep an eye out for the layout with the Haunted House and Friends!

First time i've heard of BrisBricks awesome and thanks for sharing Xyzer. I'll be travelling up (with kids and wife) from Grafton NSW to see this can't wait.

First time i've heard of BrisBricks awesome and thanks for sharing Xyzer. I'll be travelling up (with kids and wife) from Grafton NSW to see this can't wait.

AussieBJ,

There is a post here: BrisBricks 2012 and we're also on Facebook.

AussieBJ,

There is a post here: BrisBricks 2012 and we're also on Facebook.

Thanks, I rarely come out of the Technic forum so I missed that event post. Yep I found your facebook page last night and gave it a big 'like'

Brendan