Sign in to follow this  
Praiter Yed

Astromech Workplace Contest: Bossk's new job

Bossk's Wookie Farm.

Bossk currently has two 51E series astromechs helping out on his farm, R0-51E and LA5-51E...

7668903314_4f170ce4ab_c.jpg

7656455944_cfca531864_c.jpg

7656453202_8894d9bd91_c.jpg

High-res images in my flickr. WIPs and more in my Brickshelf

Edited by Praiter Yed

Awesome MOC, Praiter Yed! You've got the perfect mix of wildlife and SW technology. The way you presented it is great, too. It reminds me of the layout of the Star Wars Minifig Encyclopedia.

Those poor Wookies. :cry_sad: I hope they rebel and give Bossk what he deserves! :laugh:

Awesome MOC, Praiter Yed! You've got the perfect mix of wildlife and SW technology. The way you presented it is great, too. It reminds me of the layout of the Star Wars Minifig Encyclopedia.

Those poor Wookies. :cry_sad: I hope they rebel and give Bossk what he deserves! :laugh:

Thanks Purple Paradox. I'm pleased you think I got the balance right - I was soo tempted to start adding trees then I decided it would be stupid, the Wookies would just climb them to get at Bossk :grin: . I based the layout on a mixture of the Minifig Encyclopedia and the LSW Visual Dictionary :wink:

Very clever build! I especially like the droids zapping the wookies to get them back inside the pen. Nice work!

Looks great, I see I have got some good competition. :thumbup::sweet:

Very nice presentation, like it came straight out of the Lego SW encyclopaedia, and the modified droids look good, great work

Note to self: quickly finish up and put in my entry already

Fantastic entry and love the presentation style with the text around the picture - George Lucas would be impressed!

Thanks Danthebrick. I can't say I'm too fussed about impressing George Lucas, unless he's voting in the contest of course :grin:

Very clever build! I especially like the droids zapping the wookies to get them back inside the pen. Nice work!

Thanks Dapper-D2. These are some very nasty astromechs.

Looks great, I see I have got some good competition. :thumbup::sweet:

Thanks Rook. There's lots of tough competition for everyone, who knows which way the vote will swing?

Very nice presentation, like it came straight out of the Lego SW encyclopaedia, and the modified droids look good, great work

Note to self: quickly finish up and put in my entry already

Cheers Brickmamba. I thought the contest ended this weekend :oh: but I've just realised there's loads of time left.

great entry, the whole structure reminds me of the trandoshan hunt episodes from the clone wars animation.

:oh: Oooohh.. The Visual Dictionary style presentation is just pure EPICNESS! I've always loved that layout (and even used it on my last MCW contest entry :grin: ) and you nailed the presentation flawlessly! Not to mention how unique the concept of your astromech is and the build is just as awesome. Exceptional work overall! (Hats off to you Praiter) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice, very cute. Farming in the star wars universe is a lot more cruel, huh...

The parts with the visual dictionary style boxes was a stroke of brilliance. :laugh:

Thank you, maybe only the farming of intelligent animals is this cruel.

great entry, the whole structure reminds me of the trandoshan hunt episodes from the clone wars animation.

Cheers. I'm not a huge fan of TCW but I have seen that episode so I could well have been influenced by it without realising *huh*

:oh: Oooohh.. The Visual Dictionary style presentation is just pure EPICNESS! I've always loved that layout (and even used it on my last MCW contest entry :grin: ) and you nailed the presentation flawlessly! Not to mention how unique the concept of your astromech is and the build is just as awesome. Exceptional work overall! (Hats off to you Praiter) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks KDM! Again, your Kid Flare MCW entry could well have been a subconscious influence on me as I did see it - in fact, he got my vote :wink:

Updated 1st post with (hopefully) the final pictures.

Your Visual dictionary lay out is flawless, just like taking a page from the books. You entry is very original and looks awesome. I love the concept and the mods on the astromech's are just brilliant. They have tool arms that actually look like the could come out of the droids with out making them look too unrealistic. Very clever entry.

Good luck in the comp, not that you will need it. I think I know where my vote is going. :thumbup:

Your Visual dictionary lay out is flawless, just like taking a page from the books. You entry is very original and looks awesome. I love the concept and the mods on the astromech's are just brilliant. They have tool arms that actually look like the could come out of the droids with out making them look too unrealistic. Very clever entry.

Good luck in the comp, not that you will need it. I think I know where my vote is going. :thumbup:

Thanks wokajablocka. Don't decide who to vote for yet - the most stunning entry will probably appear 10 seconds before the deadline :grin:

Wow!

I don't have the words to explain how complete your astromek entrie is. You blow me away! I really have to said that if you don't its about a contest you clearly think its the Encyclopedia.

Hope your going to be in the best.

Nice scene and great explanation (i like the droid with the taser XD)

Thanks, I'm glad you like the explanation. I liked the idea of trying to describe all the parts and also give enough titbits of information for the reader to work out the back-story :wink:.

Wow!

I don't have the words to explain how complete your astromek entrie is. You blow me away! I really have to said that if you don't its about a contest you clearly think its the Encyclopedia.

Hope your going to be in the best.

Oh no, I must have misread the rules, I thought we had to make an encyclopaedia entry :grin:. But seriously, I had fun building it, inventing the 'story' and working on the presentation, of course it would be nice to get a place but with all the fantastic entries I think that will remain a dream. And thanks!

It's what bossk says in The Empire Strikes Back

try to ignore the weird background music

Really? I thought it went roughly like this;

Piett: 'Bounty Hunters, we don't need their scum.'

Bossk (in a guttural growl): 'Our scum you have.'

I'm not saying that's right, but that's always what I've thought.

Really? I thought it went roughly like this;

Piett: 'Bounty Hunters, we don't need their scum.'

Bossk (in a guttural growl): 'Our scum you have.'

I'm not saying that's right, but that's always what I've thought.

Oh, wow, I never noticed that :laugh: Yeah, that does seem to fit...

Wonderful backstory and phenomenal presentation. What software package did you use to make the pictures/layout?

I really enjoyed reading the pages and it gave me a connection with your droid. :thumbup:

Wonderful backstory and phenomenal presentation. What software package did you use to make the pictures/layout?

I really enjoyed reading the pages and it gave me a connection with your droid. :thumbup:

Thanks Cara, I'm glad you liked the backstory :sweet: . For the presentation I used Photoshop to remove the background from the images and then dropped the images into InDesign to add the text, boxes and lines etc.