jamie75

LDD Ewok Village

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I have been playing with this for sometime now. I think I have it as close to complete as I can get it in LDD. Real bricks may be a long way off, no time.

lddscreenshot12.png

Here is a link to the project on CUUSOO: Click here

Larger pics can be seen in my Brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=508424 . I have also submitted this to CUUSOO, in hopes of it become a set one day.

So what do you think?!

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

Looks great! But, aren't the trees taller?

Yes, but, I modeled it after the 80's Kenner toy. Plus, I didn't want to make trees that were 2 or 3 feet tall with the village being a foot or 2 above the ground. And that would have been another 1000 pieces.

Jamie

Brilliant! Love this! Those AT-STs look about the right size, and I'd assume for those that would want the trees taller, should be easy enough to simply extend them! I never saw the kenner toy, so I can only assume thats why there is that big open platform... but I feel it needs more things on it to make it a bit more busier/detailed? (just on the platform mind, the rest is really nice :)

I really want a UCS quality Ewok village. You managed to incorporate all the important elements from the film, so good job there. I do think there should be some sort of tree top and I'm not sure the logs crashing into the AT-ST is a good idea. I can picture lost pieces and maybe even a lost eye from flying debris. Also, I really like that you were inspired by the vintage set. Who knows, maybe LEGO could make an Ewok Village set and then follow Kenners footsteps and re-release it later in a Robin Hood type theme.

Great MOC, I hope it becomes a set. Could you post a link to your project on Cuusoo?

There is a link in my sig, but I will but a link in the post as well.

Brilliant! Love this! Those AT-STs look about the right size, and I'd assume for those that would want the trees taller, should be easy enough to simply extend them! I never saw the kenner toy, so I can only assume thats why there is that big open platform... but I feel it needs more things on it to make it a bit more busier/detailed? (just on the platform mind, the rest is really nice :)

I think when you included figs on it, the platform will look busier. I didn't included figs on it. The AT-STs were borrowed from 8038. Yes, extending the tree would be really easy to do.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

I love this. It is a good start off as a foundation for the village. I think by making the tree stumps on the platform into a full tree would make the set even better.

This is very cool. I do really hope TLG releases a Ewok village set. Sadly enough I HIGHLY doubt it would be near this size. :p I like how you incorporated the log swings near the At-st on the right. That itself could be a $20-25 set.

Very cool, it really reminds me of the Kenner set from the 80s.

Suggestion: instead of one large platform between all the trees about about multiple levels and smaller platforms out of each tree? It seems in ROTJ the village had lots of small platforms and levels extending from each tree trunk.

I like the swinging logs to crush the AT-ST. Keep up the good work!

I really like this idea, however, I'd make the design a little more compact. The original Kenner ewok village had only three trees and I think that would work a lot better for you.

rongYIREN

I would by something like this but i dont understand how it would appeal to kids who are looking for something to play with.

Hmm, I see working elevator, cargo net to catch the heroes, AT-ST crushing action, and catapults. What else are looking for? I guess maybe he could add some flickfire missiles?

i really like this,

if this ever actually gets released i wouldnt mind buying multiple sets just to make the trees taller!

Hi,

Love your Ewok Village. Currently I am building a giant AT-AT and I was planning on putting it in an Endor scene. This would make for a nice addition.

One small suggestion; I think it would look better if you would make it a little less symmetric. And maybe vary the width of the trees a little bit.

ewokvillage.jpg

But keep up the good work!! Will support your Cuscoo project!

Edited by Gekke Ted

I once made a MOC of an Ewok village once, my worst SW creation ever:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1143540

What proved to be especially hard was:

1) make the trees without too many parts, which is rather difficult

2) Make the trees in a way that they look like, well... trees! Thin trees are rather more easy to make than thick ones; I rebuilt my trees 3 times, and they still looked like piles of poo

3) make the trees above the platform as thick (or as thin) as beneath the plaform. As you want to make small Ewok houses, you are tempted to make them thicker above the plaform than below...

From my own building experience, the set would be véry, véry expensive due to the many, many parts required for building the trees...

I hope I am wrong though :-)

From my own building experience, the set would be véry, véry expensive due to the many, many parts required for building the trees...

I hope I am wrong though :-)

No, your right, in the 4 trees, there are over 900 pieces. And that is just in the bottom of them. Below the platfrom!

I used Anio's technique, he used on his UCS Sebulba's podracer. With the 4x4 round bricks, with turntables between them. The use Technic 1/2 pins. I'll if I can find a pic, it would easier to show you, then explain it. But, looking at that pic is what gave me the idea to use them as trees.

Edit: I found the pic of the the "cylinder technique" used by Anio on his UCS Sebulba's Podracer. I hope he doesn't mind me showing it. Credit goes to him and Benny on Setechnic and Brickshelf.

cylinder_technique.png

Jamie

Edited by jamie75