Hoexbroe

Royal Cinema & City Hotel

indexed.gif B-OM-34D & B-OM-34E

Hi all,

I present you the next part of the MegaMOC 2012 diorama.

First, he Art Deco style gran movie theatre;

dsc05472rr.jpg

It might not be clear from the photos, but while the roof curves outwards, the glass-wall curves inwards under it!

dsc05471.jpg

Another view of the curved part;

dsc05473.jpg

Next to the cinema, there is the small City Hotel;

dsc05468.jpg

Closeup of teh outside restaurant chairs and teh main hotel entrance;

dsc05467.jpg

Closeup of some of the detailing of the facade;

dsc05475.jpg

The other side of the hotel will be next to a Greyhound Tours bus stop, so maybe a big Gryhound billboard ad will go on this wall;

dsc05476.jpg

And finally a photo for the people who always ask about interior decoration and backside views;

dsc05474.jpg

Ciao!

Edited by Phred

Wow. The curved parts are amazing! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that! Any nice job on the interior :laugh:

Great. Now I've drooled all over my laptop.

I don't know how you do it, but every time I think you've built something that's so great that you can't possibly top it, you do just that. I'm envious and awestruck, especially by those curves and the gorgeous Art Deco architecture. Well done, again! Surely, you can't top... wait a minute. You probably can.

Dude, what frontages....they are totally AWESOME ! :moar:

Town Plan cinema pimped to the max....really, if they both had interiors.... :innocent: - they would be among the best modulars ever designed.

Keep going 'Hoexbroe', don't forget that five & dime store ! :innocent:

Brick On ! :moar:

That is an excellent movie facade, but that interior...WOW! :laugh: That theatre is just amazing. The "ROYAL" sign and the spotlights are great details. I like the closed and opened umbrellas on the front of the hotel. But, the stripes on the flag are backwards. It starts and ends on red.

That is an excellent movie facade, but that interior...WOW! :laugh: That theatre is just amazing. The "ROYAL" sign and the spotlights are great details. I like the closed and opened umbrellas on the front of the hotel. But, the stripes on the flag are backwards. It starts and ends on red.

Yeah, I know! -And I appologize to everybody who normally salutes that flag. It will be fixed before the next public spanish exhibition event. (Although most people there will probably be ignorent (as me) about the fact...)

Edited by Hoexbroe

Beautiful buildings! The curve in the movie theatre is impressive and I like the way you used log bricks for decoration on the hotel :thumbup:

Wow - both buildings are stunning, especially the magnificent curvature on the cinema. I love all the extra details, such as the film posters and that the cinema is showing 'Some Like It Hot' - great movie for a great MOC. Well done. :classic:

Great buildings. I like the cinema the most, it has a nice classic look. And i did notice the angled windows without reading, great touch :wink: Too bad there isn't a real interior, that would make it even better!

All I can say is amazing. :wub:

The roof curving outwards is brilliant. The cinema is just great overall.

The hotel is also great with its outside restaurant and very nice facade. :classic:

I really didn't mind that you put no interior because I do the same thing. :grin_wub: