Sign in to follow this  
DarthNick

MOC: X-Wing and TIE Fighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I built these a few months ago (and very quickly) for Star Wars Day 2012 Toronto, which takes place on "May the 4th be with you".

While I did build them very quickly (2-4 hours for each), I am pretty happy with them.

7604800212_4129c073fd_z.jpg

Here's a link to my Star Wars set on Flickr, where I have a few more shots of each: Star Wars Set

Enjoy!

Neat MOCs! It's interesting to see them in that scale. For some reason they remind me of Chibis. :wacko::laugh: Nice work!

Nice...they also look inspired by the defunct Hasbro Galactic Heroes line...if only they came out with the TIE! Nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks Dapper-D2, Bob De Quatre, and Bilbo Baggins!

Neat MOCs! It's interesting to see them in that scale. For some reason they remind me of Chibis. :wacko::laugh: Nice work!

If you look in the description, you'll see that was my intention. :classic:

Nice...they also look inspired by the defunct Hasbro Galactic Heroes line...if only they came out with the TIE! Nice work! :thumbup:

I definitely took a look at those while working on these. Wish I had those toys when I was a kid. LEGO was pretty good though. :tongue:

I just think these are fantastic, really nice job.

A chibi trench to follow???

I have always felt that the chibi style more suits

our pal the minifig moreso than the current 'tru to scale'

models produced.

While the quest for accuracy and perfection has its own appeal, these chibi models do take the seriousness down a notch or too and add a comical note to these two classic fighters for a change. They certainly made me smile, so well done on these fun creations! :laugh:

If you look in the description, you'll see that was my intention. :classic:

Well, this is a prime example of purpleparadox not paying enough attention! :laugh: Oh well, awesome MOCs.

AWESOME pair of Micro Machines inspired builds.....I :wub: them....very cool indeed ! :grin:

Excellent work 'DarthNick' and Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks everyone!

I just think these are fantastic, really nice job.

A chibi trench to follow???

Thanks, and while that sounds awesome, it'll probably never happen. There's always this though: Chibi Star Wars MOCs in Si-MOCs Trench (The TIE Advanced is dr_Spock's I believe)

I like these quite a bit. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

WOW! Thanks-a-million!

Great work, Nick. Congrats on being featured on The Brother's Brick too. http://www.brothers-brick.com/

(Yes, that's my chibi Darth Vader fighter chasing your X-Wing down Simon's trench. Lots of fun at Star Wars Day in Toronto.) :classic:

Very cute and nicely built! My only suggestion would be to use slope bricks for the back's of the X-Wing's wings (if that makes sense). :classic:

Thanks folks!

Great work, Nick. Congrats on being featured on The Brother's Brick too. http://www.brothers-brick.com/

(Yes, that's my chibi Darth Vader fighter chasing your X-Wing down Simon's trench. Lots of fun at Star Wars Day in Toronto.) :classic:

Thanks! And you're chibi MOCs were really great too... I really loved that shot!

Very cute and nicely built! My only suggestion would be to use slope bricks for the back's of the X-Wing's wings (if that makes sense). :classic:

Thanks, but I have to admit, I'm not quite sure what you mean. :blush:

Adorable and very cool at the same time... :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

Those look brilliant!

I like the X-Wing a bit more of the two :grin:

May I ask what you don't like about the TIE fighter? I personally dislike the way the cockpit piece forces me to have square edges around the cockpit.