moctown

MOC: "Manor-house" (mini modular)

indexed.gif B-M-06C

Hi everybody!

This is my 1st attempt building a model in style of the LEGO Mini Modulars and I hope, you like it!

Front side:

7598797306_978d8469e0_c.jpg

Back side:

7598796550_aa11da3899_c.jpg

Find more pictures of the model on my flickr page and feel free to leave your comments. :classic:

So long,

Jens

This is amazingly beautiful default_thumbup.gif, I especially like the rainpipe, the use of the "brick" bricks, and the way you made the roof.

Why exactly aren't you entering the competition with this one ? default_cry_happy.gif

Very nice details and I really like the color scheme. Same question as above? I was like, this one's surely getting my vote, wait it's not in Modular Madness?! ...

wow, very nice, I like the color scheme a lot! One question though, which brick did you use to support the front gate? Is it a 2x2 plate modified with one stud?

This is really beautiful. It looks greatly designed unlike some mini modulars which look like a jumble of bricks. It has nice accents and overall a great facade. :classic:

First of all: Thanks a lot for your kind comments, it's a pleasure! :classic:

To answer your questions: I got another mini modular moc under construction, I want to participate with.

The contest rules say: Only one entry per member and category. So I decided, not to submit "manor-house"

but the 2nd model, which will hopefully be finished, the next few days before the deadline ends.

Don't know, if it was the right decision - we'll see. :look:

@bramn: You got it! The front gate is supported by 2x2 modified plates with one stud!

Thx again!

What a nice mini modular ''moctown''! If you entered the contest with this one, you could get a great place! Hope the other mini modular if as good as this one :classic:

Now that's an impressive mini modular 'moctown', excellent work on the frontage and including a down pipe on the rear wall ! :thumbup:

Your second one must be even better.....I wait to see that one now.....Brick On ! :classic:

Great mini MOC! It has some nice details on the roof and the facade. I'm looking forward seeing your other mini MOC! :thumbup:

Excellent Mini! The windows work very well and SNOTed tiles add a nice texture, I'm sure your second one will be even better :classic:

I really like this one. In my opinion, mini modulars are very hard to build, and they often seem to suffer from their builder wanting to add too much detail, so they end up looking cluttered. This is just about perfect, and contains a lot of very nice parts usage. I'm very much looking forward to your actual contest entry!

Wow - this is great little MOC. Although saying that, they are extremely difficult to design, so well done on such a detailed model. based on this one, I can't wait to see your competition entry. :classic:

Nice, I like the creativity on this one like the door and the angled slopes used for the roof. Also the brick-bricks works really well here. :thumbup:

Edited by Ecclesiastes