Kai NRG

Modular Madness: Museum of the Middle Ages

indexed.gif B-OM-24E

Well, I don't have that may bricks suited to building a modular, but I decided to give it a try! So here's my Museum of the Middle Ages:

7591717864_e27d452a89_c.jpg

Museum of the Middle Ages by gid617, on Flickr

The front of the museum originally belonged to a castle, thus the doors. Of course, it has been modernized somewhat! :laugh: On top there are two knights jousting (or maybe engaged in battle?) and on top of the turret stands another warrior. There are also four tourists walking around, plus a busnessman passing by. If you look closely at this next picture you can see the throne inside. :wink:

7591717512_3651f61373_c.jpg

Museum of the Middle Ages W/O Tourists by gid617, on Flickr

On the right in the interior we have a knight, and also stairs leading to the roof. Not too much on this side because the stairs take up a lot of room. There is a bow and arrow hanging on the wall. And of course, the king is there, but he is not visible from this angle (his front is truned toward the window anyway).

7591716356_580e836976_c.jpg

Museum Right Side Exibit by gid617, on Flickr

On the left side we have first the court jester, with a tuba :tongue: , then a chest full of gold (it actually does have gold and jewels inside!), on top of that a mini-knight on his dragon, and also a golden weapon rack. The tip of a black minifigure platform is for the blue knight.

7591717034_5dbf83bf25_c.jpg

Museum Left Side Exibit by gid617, on Flickr

And last but not least, a detailed throne across from the door:

7591717334_5a3be38334_c.jpg

Museum Throne by gid617, on Flickr

You can also see more pictures on my flickr photostream .

That's a good start Kai, but to be called a modular set it needs some more floors. default_sceptic.gif

I think its a great entry using a limited number of bricks. I'm glad you entered the contest even though it doesn't have enough floors. I like the tuba.

Edited by gotoAndLego

That's a good start Kai, but to be called a modular set it needs some more floors.

That's true, and I would have loved to add another floor. But like I said, I just don't get the right kind of sets (I tend to stick with getting several $15-20 range sets rather than one big one, and those don't have that many bricks :wink: ). So I really couldn't do an estra floor. :cry_sad:

I hope you don't mind. I wanted to see the MOC better, so I increased the size of your posted Flickr images. :grin:

I hope you don't mind. I wanted to see the MOC better, so I increased the size of your posted Flickr images. :grin:

Sure :wink:

Nice MOC, the doors different knights are some of my favorite parts :thumbup: The floor is also nicely done :classic: