CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Plus he's supposed to be old, he's like in his 40s.

Probably not the best thing to say on an AFOL forum hahaha!

I don't really think he looks like his comic appearance either. I mean, if that, then he'd have the flat top.

I don't know. To me he just looks like a generic old man. I imagine him more with a waistcoat and suspenders than in an open verion of Bruce Wayne's suit - and I've always thought of him with the toupe looking two toned hair. I just really don't feel like they captured his character - that said, I don't think they captured lots of characters that well in this wave, mostly Mr. Freeze (unless he has a calm reverse face) or penguin (who looks like a LOTR dwarf who is about to get married) :tongue:

I still love them, though.

EDIT: Very funny. I was running out the door! I didn't have time to check spelling or my message at all! haha

You can bet I won't be doing that again. We need to get spell check on here. My dislexia is not coping well without it. :tongue:

Edited by Santaduckz

Men, what is happening with the rumors this year? All the other themes are getting pics, even the brand new TMNT!

Couldn't anyone take pictures of the Aquaman's and Nick Fury's sets please?

It's almost november!!

Men, what is happening with the rumors this year? All the other themes are getting pics, even the brand new TMNT!

Couldn't anyone take pictures of the Aquaman's and Nick Fury's sets please?

It's almost november!!

We got pictures of the Bugle set and the DKR set...

Starwars haven't got anything yet so I wouldn't be complaining... :sceptic:

We got pictures of the Bugle set and the DKR set...

Starwars haven't got anything yet so I wouldn't be complaining... :sceptic:

I think we are used to get pics way earlier than this, and this year things are very slowly!

Anyway, I think all spidy figs turned very good and this new JJJ looks like the cartoon and also the comics.

I only dislike a little Dr. Doom.

I think we are used to get pics way earlier than this, and this year things are very slowly!

Anyway, I think all spidy figs turned very good and this new JJJ looks like the cartoon and also the comics.

I only dislike a little Dr. Doom.

I do hope that they reveal the pictures of the upcoming sets by Christmas, so I could plan my shopping accordingly.

LEGO must have really laid down the hammer about people's lesking the confidential images. Last year I think it was early October when we saw them

LEGO must have really laid down the hammer about people's lesking the confidential images. Last year I think it was early October when we saw them

The problem about Prelims is they can put LEGO in awkward positions. Movie companies are so much more secretive with there projects that they don't want anything to leak the story. The closer to the films release the more relaxed they become as merchandise is released. But at this time it's a lot more secretive about certain plot lines we most likely wont see Iron-man or Man of steel sets. Also prelim pics are terrible, there just low res pictures of prototype figures and sets. The only real indication they give us is the size of the set and the number of figures. I've seen prelim pics last year that looked like Roman mosaics. It's a lot better the way LEGO is doing it this year slowly showing us a different set at a different event leading up to there release dates. It won't be long now until we get proper pics from LEGO themselves, and out of the winter wave its only 2 maybe 3 if there is a secret Marvel set ( there has to be! ) that we haven't seen.

Edited by Sam892

TDKRD.

The Dark Knight Rises Daily? Diary? Dragons? Dagobah?

Edited by TAFOL

The problem about Prelims is they can put LEGO in awkward positions. Movie companies are so much more secretive with there projects that they don't want anything to leak the story. The closer to the films release the more relaxed they become as merchandise is released. But at this time it's a lot more secretive about certain plot lines we most likely wont see Iron-man or Man of steel sets. Also prelim pics are terrible, there just low res pictures of prototype figures and sets. The only real indication they give us is the size of the set and the number of figures. I've seen prelim pics last year that looked like Roman mosaics. It's a lot better the way LEGO is doing it this year slowly showing us a different set at a different event leading up to there release dates. It won't be long now until we get proper pics from LEGO themselves, and out of the winter wave its only 2 maybe 3 if there is a secret Marvel set ( there has to be! ) that we haven't seen.

Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel are coming in May like this years Avengers. The Avengers setpics came around January-March. I don´t expect details for movie sets before Toy Fair.

I am glad that LEGO finally realized that they could use NYCC for announcements instead of doing nothing at all, but it is still stupid of them to hold back the Spidercycle and Mr. Freeze. They aren´t tied to a project that they would spoil and the otherwise standard excuse that the other construction brands could copy their sets is simply wrong when the sets depend on licenses.

The problem about Prelims is they can put LEGO in awkward positions. Movie companies are so much more secretive with there projects that they don't want anything to leak the story. The closer to the films release the more relaxed they become as merchandise is released. But at this time it's a lot more secretive about certain plot lines we most likely wont see Iron-man or Man of steel sets.

I agree with you. Now they have big Licenses like Man of Steel, they can't afford relax with the secrets. I pretty sure Warner is very angry with Lego for let scape MoS set names.

But Aquaman's set and the Spidy won't reveal any secrets, it's just silly they hide pictures of this.

It won't be long now until we get proper pics from LEGO themselves, and out of the winter wave its only 2 maybe 3 if there is a secret Marvel set ( there has to be! ) that we haven't seen.

I guess we are getting those 3 Batman's and Spider's sets in January, then 2 months later Iron Man (3 sets) and 4 sets later, superman (also 3) and the secret Marvel set, could be Thor or Wolverine.

The Dark Knight Rises Daily? Diary? Dragons? Dagobah?

The Dark Knight Rises Daily, precisely at 11:00 p.m. He only fights at night, don't you know?

I don't know why people are so sure that there will be another Marvel set next year. The only reason that DC has one more than Marvel is because of Arkham, which is a D2C set. Having two D2C sets from the same genre released in the same year is kind of nonsensical. I think that it will be at least two years before Marvel gets a set like that, maybe three or four. I'm sure that Marvel will get one, but not until a little down the line. If there are any more sets at all next year, they would probably be for Thor: The Dark World which I think would be close enough to the end of the year for it to be considered not exactly a 2014 set, but would take away from any Marvel sets being released in January 2014. (Kind of like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.)

I don't know why people are so sure that there will be another Marvel set next year. The only reason that DC has one more than Marvel is because of Arkham, which is a D2C set. Having two D2C sets from the same genre released in the same year is kind of nonsensical. I think that it will be at least two years before Marvel gets a set like that, maybe three or four. I'm sure that Marvel will get one, but not until a little down the line. If there are any more sets at all next year, they would probably be for Thor: The Dark World which I think would be close enough to the end of the year for it to be considered not exactly a 2014 set, but would take away from any Marvel sets being released in January 2014. (Kind of like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.)

It's not a D2C that people think we're going to get, it's a set to make things equal. Like Dynamic Duo and Spidey sets, at set that come out of the blue. Like a another Spidey or X-Men set.

It's not a D2C that people think we're going to get, it's a set to make things equal. Like Dynamic Duo and Spidey sets, at set that come out of the blue. Like a another Spidey or X-Men set.

I don't think that it would make things equal because they would likely be significantly different in size, but if other people do not feel that way, then fine. I still don't think it will happen though.

OMG!!!!!! The Batboat set is the best ever. Now in my flickr photostream and eurobricks group pool, that batboat is amazing, best set so far. Although Freeze's gun looks too big and bad.

Edited by Jackattack7

Ooh, it is the video game Batboat. :wub_drool: I really like the Bat-head shape much better than the Batwing. I might have to get a second just to mod it.

That Spidey/Venom set looks pretty good too. I'm pretty sure that the car can convert between flight/driving modes. I don't like the color scheme too much because it reminds me of those Naboo speeders from Episode I of Star Wars, but it's probably accurate to the show?

LOVE the hover car Spidey set. Venom, Nick Fury and Spider-Man and a very neat car, must buy set.

The Batboat set looks too big for £11.99 will probably be £19.99, $19.99 and €26.99. That set is going to sell like hotcakes, especially because it's LB2 Batboat. :wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool: