CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Doesn't Gordon fly the Bat at one point? Or was that Gordon-Levitt's character (Whose name I can't remember for some reason o_O)? 'Cause they could put Bats on the Bat-pod, and have Gordon in the Bat... Unless the Bat is a two-seater? *oh2*

Blake! That was it...

EDIT: I love the Bat, but I'm just really hoping for the Bat-pod too :laugh:

I don't remember either of those two flying the B.A.T, however Selina Kyle did drive the Batpod throughout the climatic battle. There's always a chance of getting her thrown in. After looking at sets there's still Arkham which will also unbalance the numbers so I still expect another Marvel set to come out as either a TRU or Direct Exculsive.

Has anyone seen or heard about a batpod? Did Hulk_Smash see it or mention it?

No I didn't see a Batpod, but it doesn't mean there won't be one.

No I didn't see a Batpod, but it doesn't mean there won't be one.

What did you see for the box art of TDKR set? Was it both the Bat and the tumbler? Or just one of those two? And was Gordon standing on the sidelines like the guard in the Two-Face set?

What did you see for the box art of TDKR set? Was it both the Bat and the tumbler? Or just one of those two? And was Gordon standing on the sidelines like the guard in the Two-Face set?

Gordon's role does seem a bit pointless.

There wasn't a box, it was just a pic of the tumbler, the bat and Gordon on the street.

There wasn't a box, it was just a pic of the tumbler, the bat and Gordon on the street.

Did the tumbler look smaller , as is the case with remake sets, or same size. And how big was the BAT, did even look like the movie?

We should all be aware that the designs Hulk_Smash saw were preliminary so they can be changed. :wink:

Especially since as I recall he said the vehicles were only shapes. Unless it's like the Chima Sspeedorz, I doubt they'll be like that.

Are we not getting any sets from the first two movies? Joker in that style... "How about a magic trick? I'm gonna make this Lego Brick disappear!"

Are we not getting any sets from the first two movies? Joker in that style... "How about a magic trick? I'm gonna make this Lego Brick disappear!"

No, though back in 2008 we got a set Inspired on TDK with the original Joker.

Hmmmm... 3 Superman sets. Sounds good. I hope the movie doesn't suck. Superman is so easy to screw up... 98% of writers write him wrong which is why a lot of people fine him boring.

I still... hate the lack of undies...

I know nothing of this villain. I hope we get some non-movie villains too.

Hmmmm... 3 Superman sets. Sounds good. I hope the movie doesn't suck. Superman is so easy to screw up... 98% of writers write him wrong which is why a lot of people fine him boring.

I still... hate the lack of undies...

I know nothing of this villain. I hope we get some non-movie villains too.

General Zod is supposed to be the main villain, with Faroa backing him up.

And the lack of undies is to make him more alien, becuase undies are a human thing.

Edited by Neville longbottem

General Zod is supposed to be the main villain, with Ursa backing him up.

It isn't uncommon for comic book movies to have more than one villian. The TDK trilogy had 3-4 antagonists each from the comics for the movies. Iron Man 1 and 2 did well with the pantheon of villians too. Superman wouldn't be different. The original movies (particularly I and II) had both Zod and Luthor.

-Omi

THANK YOU! I completely agree with this and find it frustrating when people brush him off without bothering to give him a fair chance (heck I consider Batman to be more overpowered, but this is more due to the way some writers make other heroes incompetent by comparison). While I can certainly see why people feel the way they do, I've been following him since New Krypton and while not all stories have been good (Grounded springs to mind), I've yet to see the "boring, un-relateable" character people claim he is, as I've always found at least one aspect interesting, human and something I can relate to (partly due to me losing my own father a few years back). I too am hoping this film works as I'd love to see a Superman franchise that can match The Dark Knight trilogy

I'm personally very keen to see what we get from the Superman sets, especially General Zod and any other villains, namely due to me wanting to build up my collection for his rogues gallery.

Part of the problem is that so many writers make the mistake of comparing him to freakin' Jesus. Make him more human, not less. He's just a good guy, good guys aren't impossible to write for (there's characters like Peter Parker which mostly fit the bill). Jesus guys are impossible to relate to.

Anyways, I can discuss Superman for a long time though I don't think the mods want me derailing this thread... So back on topic. Lego Superman! Don't suck! Where's your underpants? I hope you don't pick up a Lego-Kryptonite mountain after being owned by a small sliver of the stuff!

Last year at New York comic con did we just get pictures of the Batcave or did LEGO show off any other superheroes stuff? Also given the trend of last year do you guys think we will be getting ultra rare minifigures at toy fair.

It isn't uncommon for comic book movies to have more than one villian. The TDK trilogy had 3-4 antagonists each from the comics for the movies. Iron Man 1 and 2 did well with the pantheon of villians too. Superman wouldn't be different. The original movies (particularly I and II) had both Zod and Luthor.

-Omi

The las Spider-Man had more than one villain but still was pretty bad. :sick:

The las Spider-Man had more than one villain but still was pretty bad. :sick:

Which last one? Spiderman 3 or the Amazing Spiderman?

-Omi

I think he is referring to Spider-Man 3 which had Sandman and, a VERY disappointing, Venom.

And New Goblin and Peter's Dark side.

Last year at New York comic con did we just get pictures of the Batcave or did LEGO show off any other superheroes stuff? Also given the trend of last year do you guys think we will be getting ultra rare minifigures at toy fair.

IIRC, we just saw the Batcave at Toyfair. We had seen confidential pics of other sets prior to that, though