CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I would much rather wait and see with Goblin. He was cool in Ultimate Spider-man but I really don't want another Spider-man set in the winter wave. I could easily wait a year and get a set based around some of the second season with him in. Otherwise we will only get a set based around the Helicarrier with him. Plus we already have a Goblin from 2001 so I would rather get a new character before another goblin. I would much rather see a X-men or some other Marvel Property. After all LEGO paid for these Licences from DC and Marvel. At the moment it just seems that its only Batman and Spider-man/ Avengers. I know we're getting Super-man sets in the summer, but theirs a lack of variety in the themes of sets.

I agree. I would rather get brand new characters before we get some more of the same, however the one exception I will make is if they release an Iron-Spider :wub:

January 1st. Most likely everywhere, some stores might have them early. But Arkham is a Lego D2C and people believe that there will be a sixth store exclusive.

I hope the super-secret Marvel set is a 6' long SHIELD Helicarrier that I have to save up for three months to buy.

And I hope it will take me and my son four months to put it together.

And I hope it comes with Nick Fury, Spidey, Nova, Power Man, White Tiger, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Capt. America, Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderham, Beetle, Dr. Doom, Trapster, Klaw, Wizard, Nightmare, Dr. Connors, Phil Coulson, Maria Hill and 35 other agents.

And I hope it comes with a couple Quinjets, a huge training area with mechs, traps and fun stuff.

And I hope we have to add on to the house just to display it all.

And I hope that my wife will think it is awesome and want to help.

So there you go... :grin:

Umm, that's a lot...

But I think typically the D2C sets come out right after Christmas, but essentially Jan 1st. The rest of the line-up I would suspect towards the end of December also. I recall ordering some Batman sets last year before Christmas and received them in time to be under the tree even though they were technically slated for a Jan 1 release too. I guess it's hard to tell sometimes.

just a few quick thoughts to start my membership...

1: This whole thing with equal sets for DC and Marvel is just wrong

Correct me if I'm wrong but other than the new Superman and Justice League films DC has little in the works while Marvel has a ton of films coming up

2: Anyone else have high hopes that TLG will come out with some sets for the SHIELD tv series that marvel is looking to air starting next fall? They could bring out some Arrow sets for our DC brothers at the same time.

3: If they come out with Thor 2 sets in November anyone have an idea for what they'll bring along for our DC friends to balance out the whole equality rule?

just a few quick thoughts to start my membership...

1: This whole thing with equal sets for DC and Marvel is just wrong

Correct me if I'm wrong but other than the new Superman and Justice League films DC has little in the works while Marvel has a ton of films coming up

2: Anyone else have high hopes that TLG will come out with some sets for the SHIELD tv series that marvel is looking to air starting next fall? They could bring out some Arrow sets for our DC brothers at the same time.

3: If they come out with Thor 2 sets in November anyone have an idea for what they'll bring along for our DC friends to balance out the whole equality rule?

Just because something comes out in doesn't mean Lego will make a set or sets around it straight away. Look at the Dark Knight Rises set the film came out months ago but it will be one month till we get a set. So if Lego does create a Thor set ( which they most likely will) it will most likely come out in the January.

Also I think that live action TV series will be very depended on their ratings. I know that the Spider-man sets are loosely based on the cartoon, but its a bit different for live action series. I can't see many kids drawn to watching arrow, but I can for the S.H.I.E.L.D series. This is because its already set in a large established universe that kids are drawn too. I still wouldn't expect many sets, and it would also depend on the villains. LEGO may feel put of having Spy vs Spy sets in the Superheroes line.

Also the balanced thing has worked so far. 6 last year for both companies. And at the moment it's 6 for DC and 5 for Marvel. Also after the suprise appearance of the Funhouse in December, lots of people are expecting a store Exculsive Marvel set ( me included ).

Hope this helps

Just because something comes out in doesn't mean Lego will make a set or sets around it straight away. Look at the Dark Knight Rises set the film came out months ago but it will be one month till we get a set. So if Lego does create a Thor set ( which they most likely will) it will most likely come out in the January.

Also I think that live action TV series will be very depended on their ratings. I know that the Spider-man sets are loosely based on the cartoon, but its a bit different for live action series. I can't see many kids drawn to watching arrow, but I can for the S.H.I.E.L.D series. This is because its already set in a large established universe that kids are drawn too. I still wouldn't expect many sets, and it would also depend on the villains. LEGO may feel put of having Spy vs Spy sets in the Superheroes line.

Also the balanced thing has worked so far. 6 last year for both companies. And at the moment it's 6 for DC and 5 for Marvel. Also after the suprise appearance of the Funhouse in December, lots of people are expecting a store Exculsive Marvel set ( me included ).

Hope this helps

Thanks...

Good point about the spy vs spy thing. It is of course true that not everything will get a set but a guy can dream can't he?...

I could go wild and mention another 10 sets I'd like to see but I thought I'd be more realistic.

As far as Arrow goes I know very little about it as I am not really into DC. I just threw it out there for purposes of balancing out the sets, I'm not really sure what DC stuff TLG will make After TDKR and Superman considering the next big DC production isn't until The Justice League in 2015 AFAIK

I think marketing has to decide between releasing sets when they come out in theaters vs when they are released on DVD/Blu-ray. The Dark Knight Rises premiered in the summer, but the set will be coming out at almost the exact time the DVD will be sitting on shelves. That might make easier purchasing, especially right before the holiday season. If they released it during the summer when they movie came out, they would have had a lot more competition (within their other lines, or other toy companies in general). As for Thor, I did hear a rumor about them releasing sets in November, but maybe I read it wrong and that is when the movie was releasing only. I do believe with Superman sets coming out next summer, they might release the Thor sets later in the year to balance out the waves, although I think the Iron Man sets might balance out the Marvel/DC line. So I could imagine Thor being released in January with the rest of the waves (most likely when it comes out on DVD).

I must have Arkham and the Mr.Freeze set :drool: I wasn't into Batman when the old Batman sets were out and seeing my favorite villain and place in Gothem is amazing so those I must have. I don't care for marvel so nothing there I will buy.

I hope the super-secret Marvel set is a 6' long SHIELD Helicarrier that I have to save up for three months to buy.

And I hope it will take me and my son four months to put it together.

And I hope it comes with Nick Fury, Spidey, Nova, Power Man, White Tiger, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Capt. America, Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderham, Beetle, Dr. Doom, Trapster, Klaw, Wizard, Nightmare, Dr. Connors, Phil Coulson, Maria Hill and 35 other agents.

And I hope it comes with a couple Quinjets, a huge training area with mechs, traps and fun stuff.

And I hope we have to add on to the house just to display it all.

And I hope that my wife will think it is awesome and want to help.

So there you go... :grin:

My thoughts exactly.

Strange question, and maybe slightly OT, but when does the new X- men movie come out? Because that might play into he unknown 6th set? While Lego does not have the rights to movie depictions, they obviously do have the rights to all the comic versions, and they aren't so stupid as to blow a built in bit of free marketing. (Note the timing of this years doc Oc set.)

Strange question, and maybe slightly OT, but when does the new X- men movie come out? Because that might play into he unknown 6th set?

The next X-Men related film is The Wolverine, coming out in July. While they could make another Wolverine set for the summer wave, or even now, I think that would be a bit strange as they just released one.

Strange question, and maybe slightly OT, but when does the new X- men movie come out? Because that might play into he unknown 6th set? While Lego does not have the rights to movie depictions, they obviously do have the rights to all the comic versions, and they aren't so stupid as to blow a built in bit of free marketing. (Note the timing of this years doc Oc set.)

Summer 2013, I think May, not sure. I think the set will be either an X-Men or Spidey set. I hope a Spidey with Goblin( I never got the old Spidey sets and I want a new Goblin!). I think the Spidey Ock set was to be released then cuz of a deal with Marvel as the set revealed parts of the episode, even though it was loosely based, it was just a coincidence that it was released the same month as TAS.

Not 100% sure, but it won't be available from LEGO S@H. They already have it listed as released 1/1/13 :sceptic:

Edited by Spider-Man

Thanks anyway but yesterday there was a technical problem with the forum servers and it deleted most forum activity from yesterday, this was posted yesterday but the comment got deleted

no wonder. i swore i saw more comments after december 2 but then it was gone

^ yeah I thought the same thing when I was looking at other threads until I read on the front page that the servers were very busy, so after all it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me :classic: