Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

WIP Avolonia Landscape

Hail fellow Avolonians. I haven't really been active much in GoH. But a recent trip to PaB wall got me some good pieces. :grin: I'll be making a medium sized medieval landscape, so far, I have a small waterful and pond, and a town building is halfway done. I also plan to put in a small round wall. Also, it can be constantly updated with different "sections." The pics were taken by webcam, so excuse the quality. :blush:

The facade of the house:

picture_1004.jpg

Tiled Porch

picture_1005.jpg

Side with stonework.

picture_1006.jpg

Overall

picture_1007.jpg

Wtaerfall and pond

picture_1008.jpg

Path

picture_1009.jpg

I'll be updating when I get some pieces.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Looks pretty good :thumbup: I suggest adding gables to the roof of your house though, DC's guide has some nice ones.

Looking forward to seeing this continued :classic:

Looks real promising! That tiled porch is great! :thumbup:

Thank you. Glad you like it. :classic:

Looks pretty good :thumbup: I suggest adding gables to the roof of your house though, DC's guide has some nice ones.

Looking forward to seeing this continued :classic:

Thanks for the input. I just put a monster size chimney on it. :grin: I also expanded the water/river, and now I'm working on a church with stained glass windows. (Technique where all the cheese slopes are stacked together.)

Get your Brick on!

some good start here. You might want to try and "step out" the white portion of the building so it overhangs the lower portion by a brick. and I always think the doors look better on the inside of the building.

Can't wait to see more photos

Get your Brick on!

some good start here. You might want to try and "step out" the white portion of the building so it overhangs the lower portion by a brick. and I always think the doors look better on the inside of the building.

Can't wait to see more photos

Thanks for the suggestion! :classic: Though if I do that, I think it will mess up my roof plan.

I'll try putting the door on the inside and see how it looks. :sweet:

Thanks for the suggestion! :classic: Though if I do that, I think it will mess up my roof plan.

I'll try putting the door on the inside and see how it looks. :sweet:

I understand the roof issue. I build a really cool building only to find out that the dimensions of the building screwed up my roof! ended up scrapping the whole thing....

~Update~

I moved the door to the inside. It looks good. :thumbup: But now it is hard to close it if I accidentally push it open. :laugh: Also, I am adding wood panels to the side.

Also, the picture shows the chimney.

picture_1010.jpg

The small wooden chapel for the villagers is starting to be built. The stained glass is also shown on the other side of the wall.

picture_1011.jpg

Capt.JohnPaul

I'll promise to get better pictures when it is all done. :classic:

Looks real promising!:thumbup:

Promising indeed! I really like your waterfall and the woodwork on the house! Keep it up!

Thanks all for the comments! :blush:

~Update:~

I've added another 16x16 baseplate, which means so far I have 1 32x32, and 2 16x16's. I took a few pics, but they are so crappy they're not even worth posting. :hmpf_bad: I only have 1 barely decent one, which required a flashlight to look this good.... in the day time. :sceptic::angry::thumbdown:

Anyways, I've started a small round tower, I've chosen white to do it, as it matches the house and I don't even have a decent amount of grey or those headlight pieces with tiles. Besides, maybe it could be a silo or something, I added some plowed soil.

The river is getting a bit longer too, and the roof for the first building is totally finished.

picture_1012.jpg

I'll be getting my actual camera back this week though! :classic:

Hello again. Member KingoftheZempk has decided to help me in this project and we'll work together. Another building is under construction, and we are landscaping more.

Overall bird's eye view:

img_2123.jpg

River

img_2125.jpg

Other side of village/landscape.

img_2126.jpg

I understand the roof issue. I build a really cool building only to find out that the dimensions of the building screwed up my roof! eded up scrapping the whole thing....

That's why I always build my roof first, because I'm a master of logic. :laugh: Building the roof first solves a lot of building problems. It's the most important part of a house in my opinion. You shouldn't take advice from me, though. Your a moc expert, remember?

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

It's been awhile since an update, but me and KingoftheZempk have done a ton more work. I thought it would be a little landscape with a farm... but we overblew it into an entire village. *huh*:grin: It's probably almost 50x50 studs, but I didn't count yet. The MMV buildings courtesy to KOTZ. Here's a collage of a few pictures.

town_montage.jpg

Long live Avalonia!

Also, I'm such a doofus, I spelled Avalonia wrong in the title, if a Moderator could change that, I'd be thankful. :blush:

You shouldn't take advice from me, though. Your a moc expert, remember?

I'm also, and I never plan anything, because it is more fun like that. And I took my title by force :) I just say, as I sense you would like one too :P

Betray your guild and join Nocturnus, and maybe we will be able to whip something out for you. Continue to show your evilness and you will be reworded :devil:

And I always make the roof at the end, it is so interesting to challenge yourself with new ways to cover up strange, round and non symmetrical bases, or just to think up something that I have not used before :)

I'm also, and I never plan anything, because it is more fun like that. And I took my title by force :) I just say, as I sense you would like one too :P

Betray your guild and join Nocturnus, and maybe we will be able to whip something out for you. Continue to show your evilness and you will be reworded :devil:

And I always make the roof at the end, it is so interesting to challenge yourself with new ways to cover up strange, round and non symmetrical bases, or just to think up something that I have not used before :)

If I were to join Nocturnus, I would have to change my building style? Or can I make a lot of mocs invading Avalonia?