Sign in to follow this  
acidophilus

Villain at the end of Breakout part two, new figure question..

At the end of Breakout part two we are told that Black Phantom sent the plans to hero factory to someone unnamed, followed by a scene where we see a dark room with a computer displaying the plans, and a hand touching the screen that matches this guy's animation model exactly:

119px-TV_Von_Nebula.jpg

Look at the hands starting at 22:00 of the episode here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lBqHAicFqVs , then check out the larger picture of Von's animation model here: http://hf.biosector0..._Von_Nebula.jpg

So might this mean we will get a new incarnation of Von Nebula in the near future?

I loved the original version, and had a blast customizing it into this: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/289220

I would love to see a new version on the selves.

Edited by acidophilus

I thought it was Core Hunter.

That would make sense, I mean you would think that would be a character they would be trying to promote with that figure just released, but Core Hunter does not have hands that match those seen in that episode, not even close. I took a closer look at the hand of Von's animation model, and they are Von Nebula's hands. They are a 100% match to his animation model's hands.

Look at the hands starting at 22:00 of the episode here:

, then check out the larger picture of Von's animation model here: http://hf.biosector01.com/wiki/File:TV_Von_Nebula.jpg Edited by acidophilus

That would make sense, I mean you would think that would be a character they would be trying to promote with that figure just released, but Core Hunter does not have hands that match those seen in that episode, not even close. I took a closer look at the hand of Von's animation model, and they are Von Nebula's hands. They are a 100% match to his animation model's hands.

Look at the hands starting at 22:00 of the episode here:

, then check out the larger picture of Von's animation here: http://hf.biosector01.com/wiki/File:TV_Von_Nebula.jpg

I think that you are right.

If Von Nebula does come back to the show, I hope they develop his character more, maybe more flashbacks as his time as a hero.

Edited by acidophilus

Well, let's hope it will be a completely new built and not a reissue with a couple of changes. :sceptic:

Well, let's hope it will be a completely new built and not a reissue with a couple of changes. :sceptic:

I agree. I would like to see a new mask/helmet that retains enough of the features of the character that we all know, but is a new mold.

Also it would be interesting to see a new version of him incorporating the new Hero Factory parts that have been produced since the original's release in wave one.

Edited by acidophilus

I know, he should be rereleased as a summer 2013 set. Why in the summer? Well, the coolest sets with the best new parts always come out then. I'm going to use Core Hunter and Voltix to make my own placeholder until then.

The original build is basically a Bionicle titan. It is highly unlikely the new set would reuse that build.

Make a new set and replace the blue with purple. Just so we can have more purple. :P

Well, maybe that would deviate to far from his character. The black and blue was a great combo. Still, I'd love to see a new set of him as VN was one of my favorite villains.

Kalhiki

Now I'm curious about his build. I'm hoping for a construction similar to Witch Doctor, only more of a hunchback.

I'm all for a return of Von Nebula. And c'mon, there's no way he'd be a reissue.

Make a new set and replace the blue with purple. Just so we can have more purple. :P

Well, maybe that would deviate to far from his character. The black and blue was a great combo. Still, I'd love to see a new set of him as VN was one of my favorite villains.

Kalhiki

I wouldn't mind a change from blue to purple at all. A black, silver, and purple Von Nebula would be a very nice color set.

I'm all for a return of Von Nebula. And c'mon, there's no way he'd be a reissue.

I don't see a reissue happening either. I'm not worried about it.

They could use this as a way of introducing a new super-titan-sized 2.0 style build. Basically the same size as Bionicle Kardas. And I would love a black and purple VN.

Since it seems Von Nebula now has the information/ability to make his own heroes, as stated in the show, maybe the theme after breakout is Von Nebula's return, and his anti-heroes. That would be fun.

Edited by acidophilus

Since it seems Von Nebula now has the information/ability to make his own heroes, as stated in the show, maybe the theme after breakout is Von Nebula's return, and his anti-heroes. That would be fun.

New villain core piece. It could be a big V. However would it be new villains or antistormer, antibreez, Etc.

New villain core piece. It could be a big V. However would it be new villains or antistormer, antibreez, Etc.

Yes, a new antihero core would awesome. Offcial antihero versions of the characters sounds like a great idea too.

Anti-Heroes? As opposed to just plain Villains? Has a nice sound to it..

IF, and that's a very big IF, VN were to return in set form, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the new Stormer build.. for at least the legs anyway. It would be cheaper, and I don't want to see any more FireLord/Rocka XL/Black Phantom leg builds, especially not for a VN redesign.

However, that being said, that 'Hunchback Witch-Doctor' idea sounds rather nice as well.. The biggest Villain of the series should be the best designed, right?

The idea with changing blue to purple also appeals to me, although I would like to see a mostly-blue villain emerge first.. there aren't enough of those in Hero Factory.

Edited by Cirkit

Anti-Heroes? As opposed to just plain Villains? Has a nice sound to it..

IF, and that's a very big IF, VN were to return in set form, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the new Stormer build.. for at least the legs anyway. It would be cheaper, and I don't want to see any more FireLord/Rocka XL/Black Phantom leg builds, especially not for a VN redesign.

However, that being said, that 'Hunchback Witch-Doctor' idea sounds rather nice as well.. The biggest Villain of the series should be the best designed, right?

The idea with changing blue to purple also appeals to me, although I would like to see a mostly-blue villain emerge first.. there aren't enough of those in Hero Factory.

Something at least as complex as Witch Doctor would be a must for me. Though I would also hope that a new Von Nebula would have an unique build. I would like somthing around 300 pieces.

I do really like your idea for a new blue villian. Seems like that should have already happened.

Even if that villain is Von Nebula, and he is planning to establish a Villain Factory, then there's still not necessarily any reason why we'd see a new set of him. After all, he's just as likely to retain the form he was originally in, and it's possible that the heroes might not even get to interact with him much anyway. For all we know his new role could be mostly administrative, like Mr. Makuro is to the Hero Factory. In that case he'd leave most of the actual fighting to the villains his factory builds.

Anti-heroes would still be heroic, just with less ethical methods. I think Von would rather make a villain factory, which could end in a situation in which the story has anti-villains... Villainous dudes that do not want to be evil but have no choice. Another think Von could do is, instead of making a villain factory, use the information he got to sabotage hero factory and cause heroes to appear with malfunctions or something.

Yup, all of these things are probable. Just want a super-sized build. With purple. And an awesome weapon. And well, VN fits those criteria.