Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

Cap'n Octo's Plane Ride

indexed.gif B-OV-36B

7467131224_f65b5aeec1_c.jpg

Down on the boardwalk, the old carnival rides are still running.

I built this for the Rebrick Octopus contest. I managed to get one picture up on their site before I lost power last week. This afternoon I had the opportunity to take some more photos. Enjoy.

7537667760_ca74d22370_c.jpg

Cap'n Octo himself.

7537668780_7d23c4b4f7_c.jpg

7537669684_61ea88527a_c.jpg

Some patrons enjoy the ride more than others. Originally, I was going to make half of the ride boats but I couldn't come up with a design I liked. So just gloss over the flaw in logic that connects a sailor octopus with little airplanes, please.

7537662126_824002e492_c.jpg

"A hundred dollars for an ice cream cone?! That's daylight robbery!"

7537670560_cfed8bb6e1_c.jpg

The ride operator takes a break so I can show you the ride's controls.

All pics hosted on Flickr.

This MOC looks like it could be modular. Is it?

AWESOME theme park/fair ground ride there 'CorneliusMurdock', pity it appears that it doesn't rotate. :wink:

Good luck in the contest and Brick On....with 100 buck ice cream cones ! :laugh:

If by modular you mean that it could be put next to the buildings, maybe. It wasn't really designed that way. The rules of the contest stated that it had to fit on the baseplate with no overlap. I don't really have a modular building to put it next to to see if it would work with them.

AWESOME theme park/fair ground ride there 'CorneliusMurdock', pity it appears that it doesn't rotate. :wink:

It actually does rotate. Just manually since it's only on a swivel plate thing. :wink: The propellors of the planes spin as well but they're a little fragile.

Great MOC 'Cornelius Murdock.' I love the designs of the cool little planes and overall ride. The colors you used are perfect for this type of ride too.

Being able to rotate makes it even better. :thumbup::classic:

Excellent MOC, 'CorneliusMurdoc'! :thumbup:

I really think you'll win! I love the figures used in this... And the park's details are great! :sweet:

Very cool! I love the ride, the character is humorous with the look on his face. The little planes are great too. Which hair is on the S4 skater? It looks like the S6 Mechanic, but I'm guessing it's the Olympic Archer?

I built this for the Rebrick Octopus contest. I managed to get one picture up on their site before I lost power last week. This afternoon I had the opportunity to take some more photos. Enjoy.

Great idea for an octopus-themed build. I like the various facial expressions you used on the kids.

The ride operator takes a break so I can show you the ride's controls.

Looks very advanced. :tongue:

That's a great MOC. The Octopus is really nice, and so are the miniplanes. The use of different colours from yellow, lime, red and purple looks great on the model. Well done and good luck in the contest!

Man, I really missed your MOCs CM (I still remember the Yoda and Aqua-guy contest entries), so it's great to see you building again! The bright colors used perfectly fit the fun theme of this octopus ride. Also love the various hairpieces used. pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone. My ego has been sufficiently boosted. :sweet:

Looks very advanced. :tongue:

It can be "on" or "off". What more do you need? :tongue:

Man, I really missed your MOCs CM (I still remember the Yoda and Aqua-guy contest entries), so it's great to see you building again! The bright colors used perfectly fit the fun theme of this octopus ride. Also love the various hairpieces used. pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks, Kiel. Hopefully, I'll find more motivation to get MOCs completed. And the time to make them, of course.

Which hair is on the S4 skater? It looks like the S6 Mechanic, but I'm guessing it's the Olympic Archer?

The kid with the skater torso has the S7 Daredevil hair. It's a recolor of the Mechanic's hair.