samiam391

Updated: [MOC/CUUSOO] Star Wars Combineable Battlepacks

Thanks all! Still working on finishing up the photo editing of the newest CAM! Should be ready within the next couple of days, stay tuned!

I think it's not a bad idea. Hopefully it will work well even when you only buy one of each battle back.

UPDATE:

I've just completed my next model!

My example of this,

includes two sets, one with 4 battle droids and 1 droideka, and the other with 4 Theed Palace Guards (from the famous and iconic Theed Palace Chase scene in Episode I). Each battlepack comes with the figures, as well as an approximately 150 piece build which can then be combined with the other set.

Battlepack (1):

Theed Palace Guards (Naboo) with guns

Hallway of Theed Palace... Approximately 120 pieces.

Battlepack (2):

4 Battle Droids

1 Droideka

Hallway of Theed Palace with stairs (just like in the movie!)

Because of the ability to be combined on almost all sides, the combinations are limitless. The more packs you buy, the larger a scene you can create. I've created the scene of Theed Palace with these two packs, and in the pictures have shown a number of different combinations possible.

If you have questions about the set or idea, or even have an idea for another iconic movie scene that I could create, please let me know! I love to hear feedback and always want to try to improve my project towards the best wishes of the LEGO community!

Thanks for helping with the superb photos! @jacobikenobi

Theed%2520palace.jpg

I've said it before, but I like the concept. :thumbup: How 'bout a set of packs to make the Mos Eisley Cantina? :tongue: Mostly wishful thinking, but I just really want the Cantina Band. :laugh: Good luck with the project!

Some of the droids on the top right panel miss some legs :wink:

And there are 5 of them.

...one with 4 battle droids and 1 droideka...

Some of the droids on the top right panel miss some legs :wink:

And there are 5 of them.

Oops! Well, obviously the photo still needs a bit of work and the description ;-)

Any more thoughts/comments on the new set or the old one? Always looking to improve the set!

Edited by samiam391

So supported. This is exactly what would get me to start buying SW battle packs again. :thumbup:

Oops! Well, obviously the photo still needs a bit of work and the description ;-)

Any more thoughts/comments on the new set or the old one? Always looking to improve the set!

I have two comments:

- It may be cool to be able to build "infinite" corridors, the theed palace set with the stairs can only connect on one side, obviously you could build it in reverse, but you could show it on your pictures

- And I think adding simples "corners packs" would add a lot more playability!

I have two comments:

- It may be cool to be able to build "infinite" corridors, the theed palace set with the stairs can only connect on one side, obviously you could build it in reverse, but you could show it on your pictures

- And I think adding simples "corners packs" would add a lot more playability!

I've actually already done that, exactly to how you've said it. I'll try to upload that picture for you sometime soon.

It features 4 battlepacks, all combined to make a really large hallway and staircase.

Corner battlepacks is an intriguing idea..

Corner battlepacks is an intriguing idea..

What I meant is to add a battlepack with a 90 degrees corner, with some of theses, you could something more complicated than a corridor

Edit: Made a quick build. A corner can be connected to a corridor (the one you made) or another corner.

lddscreenshot24p.png

The battlepack could have 2 corners and 2 minifig, or 1 special minifig like a commander or a hero

Edited by Bob De Quatre

It seems like my CUUSOO project has lost a lot of momentum due to lack of exposure.

Does anyone have ideas on how to boost the exposure, in turn increase the support for the model?

Also, any comments/feedback on the set(s) are greatly appreciated!

Try building an actual prototype and upload to youtube in a video. Youtube is huge, and a lot of ideas get spread out that way. Get with solid brix studios. That kid, David has rediculous amounts of subs and views. Maybe he will help you.

Supported! And oh yeah, if you're planning on making more of them: - Bespin corridors (stormies-bespin security guards)? - Hoth Echo Base tunnels (snowstormies-rebels)?

Thanks for the tips and support everyone. I've gotten a few good ideas for possibly creating another Combine-able BP layout.

It's interesting, from just these comments alone in the past few days, I've gained over 25 votes and have almost hit 500!

Just wish the word could be spread a bit, and I'm sure this item would skyrocket. :-)

It's not a bad idea, but honestly I think Lego should make a detailed set for the Tantive opening scene, with a main hallway, a side hallway where R2 and 3PO hide, etc. Sadly though, I think the Tantive ship is as close as we'll get to that. Good luck though...

Any ideas for the next scene?

I've had the following suggestions:

-Bespin

-Geonosis

Any others?

I'll be making this set, whatever it ends up being, this weekend.