samiam391

Updated: [MOC/CUUSOO] Star Wars Combineable Battlepacks

Interesting. Would be nice to have this for Dino. I would just love a pack with two dino's, two "hunters" and a small addition to the main base. I think this is the way to the future of LEGO sets.

Edited by DraikNova

Not a Star Wars fan myself, but this is a good idea that could be used for almost any theme, be it a licence one or one of LEGO's own. Of course it does not have to be a battle pack, could be a picnic in the park pack (For CITY.) or similar. So on the idea of combining little sets like this alone it gets my vote.

Awesome build! Great way to use all the angled white wall sections I've amassed over the years. Might even work for Millenium Falcon interiors, too.

Thanks all! Please continue to spread the word on this set/idea.

More comments/feedback/support on it is much appreciated.

Thanks all!

We surpassed 200 supporters today. So that's about 200 in 10 days. Please spread the word, and like/tweet on facebook/twitter.

nice idea but battlepacks will always be stacked for minifigs, eventually those bricks will be put a side as spares for mocs

nice idea but battlepacks will always be stacked for minifigs, eventually those bricks will be put a side as spares for mocs

If so, then that's fine. However, the whole point behind this design is so that people use the pieces they obtain in these sets to put them together to form one scene. I'm sure there would be a higher percentage of pieces used from the battlepacks today for mocs, then for these battlepacks. People would be more excited to make an actual scene from the movie with the pieces and instructions given, rather than just have a speeder bike to zoom around with for 15 minutes before it gets old.

I agree, this concept makes the build included in the battlepack actually useful, even when you got multiples. I'd rather have 4 interconnecting hallway sections, then 4 speeders and 4 trees with flick fire missiles :tongue:

I agree, this concept makes the build included in the battlepack actually useful, even when you got multiples. I'd rather have 4 interconnecting hallway sections, then 4 speeders and 4 trees with flick fire missiles :tongue:

Heh, yes. Even if I make a planetary diorama with Imperial and Rebel troops, not sure what I'm gonna with 3 speeder bikes (or even more later, since I reckon I'll need even more troops to make a proper scene).

Thank you! Well, it started off incredibly fast (when people saw it on the front page because it was a "new project")... but now it's slowed down because no one really searches for "combineable battlepacks". So I need help spreading the word on this!

Yes, I'm thinking of a few other scenes right now. Do you have any suggestions?

In response to everyone as far as licence agreement, there isn't anything wrong with LEGO making combine-able battlepacks because of a previously claimed licence. Besides, if CUUSOO didn't think that this was a viable project in the first place, because of LEGO guidelines/rules, then they wouldn't have passed it in the first place, considering the now slightly "stricter" CUUSOO.

Well Im thinking also a Clone Wars themed as well. Maybe a combineable Separatist Blockade ship's bridge or a Venator's bridge? :classic:

Thank you all again so much! Your support, feedback, and comments mean a lot! Keep them coming!

I've just finished work on my next Combine-Able Battlepack idea, Theeds Palace.

This set draws from the scene in Episode One when the Theed Palace Guards rush through the hallways and up the stairs of the Palace, battling battle droids on their way to freeing the Queen.

I'll put up some pictures tomorrow when the editing process is finished to show it's functions and combine-ability.

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by samiam391

Thank you so much!

Unfortunately a complication came up, and the pictures of the newest Combineable battlepack will not be available for a few more days. I'll upload them as soon as possible though so you call can see them!

Cheers,

Sam

I want to congratulate you on a fantastic build. The Tantive IV looks incredible!

However, I would not recommend TLG following this idea. Environments never sell with kids as well as vehicles do. Also, including Vader is a major mistake. Battle packs are supposed to be just that. Why would anyone include an individual character in a battle pack? TLG did that with the POTC battle packs (i.e. Jack Sparrow) and they eventually sold them on clearance just to get rid of them. Who wants or needs another Vader? If you do need a Vader would you really buy 2 of these battle packs?

I could see your scene being a stand alone set for the LEGO company but not as battle packs.

Edited by DaleDVM

I have to say, that's a clever idea. Mind you, Vader in a BP is kind of unlikely IMO. It might happen, but there are already about ten in my collection. I'd buy a four-stormtrooper BP, though.