Mr. Townsend

WIP: Matterhorn

Its not the best picture but I wanted to show the progress that has been made on the Matterhorn lately.  The project is finally back in progress after two moves of 1200 mile.  From trip one she lost her bowsprit and trip two the stern had to be rebuilt.  Now I've got a solid build space to bring this project to completion.  I won't offer a timeline as I've never been anywhere near accurate with them.  Normally when I sit down for a session I'll throw one or two strings up and then re-shelve her for a spell.  

Topmasts are now in place.  Backstays and rigging the topgalants is mainly what's left on her standing rigging.  Then will come sails and running rigging.  I've gotten pretty good on the sewing machine so sails shouldn't take near as long as they did on pinnacle.   Hopefully I'll make them right on the first go rather then the third.  :pir_laugh2: 

33263557914_cdfa255f37_c.jpg

This photo never made it into the thread so I'm adding it now.  The idea is that Matterhorn has been launched and is in process of being rigged.  In the meantime her captain is throwing a party for local politicians and military officers to show off the new vessel.  It took three iterations of the tent before I was contented.

23927860226_c19745a522_c.jpg

Edited by Mr. Townsend

Glad to see you didn't lose her nor did we lose you good sir. Cheers!  

She is shaping up main well despite all her tribulations. Were you going to do anything more for rigging out ahead besides the one bobstay?