Sebeus I

Modular Madness: Parking Lot

indexed.gif B-OM-22A

Essential in any city, cars need room to park.

dsc07055.jpg

It has a capacity of 6 cars, 3 on the lower level and 3 on the upper level. It was quite challenging to make a two level parking lot on the limited surface.

Because it's a bit small I added another feature, If I had two of these they could be connected back to back, that way there would be two ramps and two lower entrances, one in, one out.

dsc06999.jpg

The lower level.

The lower level is more than high enough for minifigures to stand in and big cars easely ride through (5 bricks + 2 plates high).

dsc07049.jpg

The top level can be taken off to get a better view of the lower level.

dsc07037.jpg

dsc06989.jpg

More pictures will be in my brickshelf gallery.

Edited by Sebeus I

I like the idea, I really do! But compared to the Modular buildings your build looks too small (so maybe you could add a floor or maybe even 2!). I also think the construction is a bit simple. Most modular buildings have amazing architectural details. Think about it! :sweet:

By the way I really like the cars in the garage! I say make some more!

I like the idea, I really do! But compared to the Modular buildings your build looks too small (so maybe you could add a floor or maybe even 2!). I also think the construction is a bit simple. Most modular buildings have amazing architectural details. Think about it! :sweet:

By the way I really like the cars in the garage! I say make some more!

hmm, good point, I had thought of adding more levels but there's not enough room for an efficient ramp, I tried different set-ups for a ramp to a possible third level but it just doesn't work in the small space.

I'm going to focus on those amazing architectural details, that should be possible, thanks :laugh:

Good idea :thumbup: This is the first parking garage I have seen.

I like your parking sign, and the various lights :classic:

Excellent parking garage ' Sebeus I ', nice to know there is three parks left and none upstairs. Great work designing the ramps too ! :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest and Brick On ! :classic:

Great entry, this is something I desperately need in my town.

I think it looks great! And I like the size. But I miss some kind of wall or fence on the top floor, to protect the cars from not driving off the floor.

I also agree that I need one of these badly in my town. I think it looks great nonetheless, maybe a few more details as mentioned before. :sweet:

I really enjoy the sign and ramp of it, especially that grey sports car on the first level. :wub:

Good luck on your entry. :wink:

I also think the construction is a bit simple. Most modular buildings have amazing architectural details. Think about it! :sweet:

I agree with you that most modular buildings have amazing architectural details, but this is a Parking lot. It's made of unpainted concrete in utilitarian gray, it has no design fripperies - it's purely functional, and it has red mesh 'window holes coverings'. It looks pretty much like a Parking lot does and I like it.

hmm, good point, I had thought of adding more levels but there's not enough room for an efficient ramp, I tried different set-ups for a ramp to a possible third level but it just doesn't work in the small space.

In that case, try an elevator! That would be really cool! :wink:

That is a great parking lot. :thumbup:

I like the lightning in the second photo of the lower level.

Maybe you could add a forth parking space on the lower level behind the ramp?

Or a ticket machine and a barrier at the entrence?

Essential in any city, cars need room to park.

You're free to enter this in category 3, but given it's current dimensions I think it would be much more appropriate in category 2.

Let us know if you want to change categories and we'll change the subtitle of the thread for you. :classic:

You're free to enter this in category 3, but given it's current dimensions I think it would be much more appropriate in category 2.

Let us know if you want to change categories and we'll change the subtitle of the thread for you. :classic:

I figured it would either be not allowed or simply unfair to enter it in category 2 because essentially it is a building...

But if it's allowed to be entered in category 2 I'd like that :grin:

Edited by Sebeus I

Very nice build here! I've been considering making a parking garage myself, but as you say the ramp issue is a rough one. Almost need to make it with a larger base, but obviously that would eliminate your entry in this contest. Excellent work though.

Also when initially seeing it I thought it was a category 2 entry. As the above mod mentioned you might consider switching. I think you'll have better odds and more fitting competition this way.

I agree with you that most modular buildings have amazing architectural details, but this is a Parking lot. It's made of unpainted concrete in utilitarian gray, it has no design fripperies - it's purely functional, and it has red mesh 'window holes coverings'. It looks pretty much like a Parking lot does and I like it.

I was coming to post the same thing. Yes, for the contest you might need to add detail to win, but this looks spot on as an actual garage.

That's great.the ramp is certainly the hardest part about this build. If you went any higher, it would be too steep. I think you did it just right.

I like this build, and I do not mind at all that it is not very high or doesn't have many architectural details. It is supposed to be a simple concrete building, making it too beautiful would make it very unrealistic.

Thank you for the nice comments :laugh:

In that case, try an elevator! That would be really cool! :wink:

If there isn't enough room for a ramp, perhaps you could think of a lift, like TheKingOfBuilding has done it lately, see http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66998.

That elevator is practical indeed, I'm kind of attached to the ramp though. It's a great Idea for later, my town based creations always involves cars so it's not unlikely I would make another parking lot later.

I think it looks great! And I like the size. But I miss some kind of wall or fence on the top floor, to protect the cars from not driving off the floor.

I left that open so it can be attached to another one but as a single one I might better add some fences :grin:

Maybe you could add a forth parking space on the lower level behind the ramp?

Or a ticket machine and a barrier at the entrence?

There is room there but I already placed the ticketmachine and a thrascan there,

I definitely thought about a barrier at the entrance but that seems to be very difficult to accomplish because of the limited space :wacko:

Maybe I'll find a good sollution before the contest deadline.

That's great.the ramp is certainly the hardest part about this build. If you went any higher, it would be too steep. I think you did it just right.

Yes, it's already to steep for my sportscar (that's why it's parked on the lower level :laugh: ).