Sign in to follow this  
goldfish

MOC - Dino / Jurassic Park Raptor Pen

Hi,

I finally finished my Raptor Pen MOC and got it approved on Cuusoo. I hope you like it, and if you do, please support, as I am really hoping we get another Dino set, and if possible a more detailed AFOL targetted one.

Rich

Edited by goldfish

Pretty nifty!

That said, to be perfectly blunt, I kind of doubt TLG would do a model whose most interesting details are mainly on the inside and whose exterior is largely just featureless expanses of flat gray surfaces (occasional exceptions matching this exact description notwithstanding). I didn't notice an indication on the page of whether or not this opens up to let one see the interior, and I have to say this would need that feature to have even the remotest chance of consideration. There's also no shortage at this point of CUUSOO proposals revolving around large, detailed models derived from TV / movie properties for which TLG doesn't currently have active licenses, and if they were to do this one they'd have to not only deem it worthy and suitable, but do so above / in addition to all those others.

I hate to rain on your parade. If it's any consolation, it's still a lovely model. Incidentally, though, Jurassic Park actually has been an official LEGO theme in the past (Jurassic Park III as a subtheme of LEGO Studios, to be precise), so JP MOCs and CUUSOO suggestions probably ought to go in the Licensed forum.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Pretty nifty!

That said, to be perfectly blunt, I kind of doubt TLG would do a model whose most interesting details are mainly on the inside and whose exterior is largely just featureless expanses of flat gray surfaces (occasional exceptions matching this exact description notwithstanding). I didn't notice an indication on the page of whether or not this opens up to let one see the interior, and I have to say this would need that feature to have even the remotest chance of consideration. There's also no shortage at this point of CUUSOO proposals revolving around large, detailed models derived from TV / movie properties for which TLG doesn't currently have active licenses, and if they were to do this one they'd have to not only deem it worthy and suitable, but do so above / in addition to all those others.

I hate to rain on your parade. If it's any consolation, it's still a lovely model. Incidentally, though, Jurassic Park actually has been an official LEGO theme in the past (Jurassic Park III as a subtheme of LEGO Studios, to be precise), so JP MOCs and CUUSOO suggestions probably ought to go in the Licensed forum.

Hey I am happy to take any feedback! There is some more detail, both inside the enclosure and in a control room around the back, so perhaps I should have added that. I also made a nice dinosaur crate that fits in to the front to allow safe release of the dinosaurs. It's a tough ask to get a lot of supporters for anything, but getting some support gives me a boost for future models!!

Edited by goldfish

Hey I am happy to take any feedback! There is some more detail, both inside the enclosure and in a control room around the back, so perhaps I should have added that. I also made a nice dinosaur crate that fits in to the front to allow safe release of the dinosaurs. It's a tough ask to get a lot of supporters for anything, but getting some support gives me a boost for future models!!

I love how it looks, you really captured the structure. To spice it up I would suggest adding the truck and the transfer crate. This way you can re-enact the whole scene, and it reduces that grey bunker like feel to the set.