CamelBoy68

MOC: P&O Containers

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in this part of EB and I'd like to share a couple of custom containers I built as a gift for my dad, who has also come out of the Lego-less void :thumbup:

Using the Maersk container wagon as a base, I made two in grey shades to distinguish them from the others and also I felt that they needed to be plain and boring... :classic:

7431323588_9fdcff55e6.jpg

Again, using the same size/scale of the Maersk containers, I built 2 of each of a blue P&O and yellow Ferrymasters ones.

7431330026_1c67ff89ef.jpg

7431343296_a48689a1a4.jpg

Also, when I was sourcing the parts I found that one of the rarest bricks is the 6 x 16 Yellow plate, of which there are only 59 in Europe, after I bagged 5 of them... :tongue:

The P&O containers are a good fit for the Maersk train, as they bought P&O Nedlloyd a while ago, so it wouldn't be strange of the containers to be on the Maersk...

Flickr Set

Reference pix

pocu20ot.jpg

Matts-Place.com

P&O Ferrymasters publicity phots

I'm not usually a trains guy, but this is a really neat MOC! The designs are great and they're really realistic. My favourites are the blue P&O ones. :thumbup: Good work!

I have just ordered my first train bits and this is exactly the sort of thing I want to build. they looks so life like to me...

AWESOME containers 'CamelBoy68' :thumbup: , you should Cuusoo them....you never know what might happen and who might be looking ? :wink:

I got some very similar, again using the original Maersk as inspiration for the wagon, only mine are normal LEGO blue. I have built yellow containers to go on them although they are not specific to a particular company. I just wanted the Maersk engine to have more than two wagons to pull around.

Nice flat bed car and containers.

The car would look even better if you used the train buffers without plow, which are only used on heading cars (like engines or steering cars).

So you're the reason the 6x16 yellow plates are rare? I need those for double cargo railway pods ;)

AWESOME containers 'CamelBoy68' :thumbup: , you should Cuusoo them....you never know what might happen and who might be looking ? :wink:

Its a nice idea, but it would get rejected...I can't see more real world companies in lego sets, plus the price of the sets would finish the bid off. There are 136 x Blue Modified 1 x 2 logs (30136) which cost £29.92 + the Yellow Profile brick (2877) @ £14.62 and that's without the rest of the containers and then the two trailers...... :cry_sad:

I got some very similar, again using the original Maersk as inspiration for the wagon, only mine are normal LEGO blue. I have built yellow containers to go on them although they are not specific to a particular company. I just wanted the Maersk engine to have more than two wagons to pull around.

Absolutely, the train looks better pulling more freight... :classic:

Nice flat bed car and containers.

The car would look even better if you used the train buffers without plow, which are only used on heading cars (like engines or steering cars).

So you're the reason the 6x16 yellow plates are rare? I need those for double cargo railway pods ;)

I know what I did here. I designed the containers & cars in LDD and for whatever reason, the bogies aren't in it, so I just used the 10219 manual for the part no's. However, I picked out the engine ones, instead of the flat-beds.... :sad: I will BL them immediately... :wink: Thanks for the keen eye... :thumbup:

You just wouldn't think that the 6 x 16 plate would be that rare... :sceptic: So you better get in before I corner the Worlds supply.... :devil:

Its a nice idea, but it would get rejected...I can't see more real world companies in lego sets, plus the price of the sets would finish the bid off. There are 136 x Blue Modified 1 x 2 logs (30136) which cost £29.92 + the Yellow Profile brick (2877) @ £14.62 and that's without the rest of the containers and then the two trailers...... :cry_sad:

You just wouldn't think that the 6 x 16 plate would be that rare... :sceptic: So you better get in before I corner the Worlds supply.... :devil:

Prices on Bricklink are nothing to do with what it costs TLG to produce the item, they're entirely driven by supply-and-demand. A blue log costs TLG the same to produce as a reddish brown one so the price of any sets could be entirely affordable. But you're right that it would be rejected - it would need licencing and TLG won't produce add-ons to train sets after getting burned the last time it tried.

Your containers are very good work though and I will be unashamedly stealing your colour scheme for the wagons. :laugh:

Jonathan

Edited by Snapshot

Its a nice idea, but it would get rejected...I can't see more real world companies in lego sets, plus the price of the sets would finish the bid off.

The price from PAB is retail, not the factory cost so don't sweat that part. As for the real world companies why would you go that route? For Cuusoo make up a company like Octan or the Cargo delivery company and use that branding. They can print stickers and people can use them or they can print their own.

7431330026_1c67ff89ef.jpg

Congratulations, CamelBoy68!

Awesome containers.

Could you please share building instructions or inventory for those yellow and blue containers?

Thanks.

Edited by robt