Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Gates of Barqa

7422599140_de7ca61f37_z.jpg

Commerce is vital to every Guild to bring wealth and foreign goods in plentiful supply.

For this challenge show your character participating in some sort of commerce or trade between Guilds.

The more creative build the better!

For my second entry I have built the one of Barqas (a kaliphlin city run by Mikel Kalores) gates with an Avalonian owned ale stall.

7422642904_fb45d208b5_c.jpg

front

7422642004_19efdcbd20_c.jpg

7422641152_efcae8583b_c.jpg

7422640388_d9d904a24e_c.jpg

A Kaliphite(?) selling various spices

7422639584_90f7f4972e_c.jpg

Avalonian cart coming to replenish the supplies of the stall.

C&C welcome

Enjoy!

Some nice details here, i like the detail of the "tower" or Minaret on top of the gate itself.

The roof about the spice dealer is nice and I like the tack on the horse, great use of the sword scabbard!

I agree with MikeyB, the minaret on top looks great :thumbup:

And the roof on the right works well, I don't think I have seen one done like that before.

The wooden supports are a good idea, but I might shorten them to one brick.

Overall a very nice build and good entry :classic:

I like it. I think I am going to use your wall design as the standard wall for Barqa. I plan to eventually make a map of Barqa maybe using microscale to show where buildings are in relation to each other. I thought about making this the official main gate but on second thought the gate would actually be taller and wider as a lot of Kaliphlins enter Barqa riding camels and elephants. So my idea now is to make it the gate used by the Avalonian embassy: by Kerntechniker to enter the Lodge District.

Edited by Mikel Kalores

I like your build and first picture. :thumbup: I don't like( I hate) the rest of the pic's with the dirty carpet. Why would you present your moc like that when you can edit your photo's? So many people on EuroBrick's would kill to have the ability to edit. Why give us pic's of dirty carpet?

Looking good! That tower is indeed very nice! That wooden roof is a nice touch and the minifig poses are great!

Regarding the editing of pics. Try GIMP, it´s free and it´s great! There are tutorials on anything you want to do on youtube. And it´s a lot of fun as well! :classic:

Thanks guys, glad you like it! the minaret was put in last-minute as the build lacked gold (you cant build kliphlin without gold) and as far as i am concerned it is the first time i am seeing that type of roof too! (i made it up)

as for editing:

DG I have Adobe CS2, no need for anything else :tongue:

BB I have always seen editing as something to present an intro pic, and have never really gone beyond that. if presentation means so much I will edit all pics.

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Nice build here! I really like the round roof details, and the lower roofs, especially the snot plate roof - this is a great idea! I also like a lot of the Kaliphlin techniques you've used.

Very nice job!

I hate to start off a post by going slightly off topic, but I am absolutely loving how the Guilds are helping each other to grow, learn, and expand. I think the real power of our little community is showing in how we interact with each other, and adapt to not only what the Guild leaders have established, but to what other members are doing as well.

I for one live to see inter-Guild development, and this build is SO Kaliphlin it's ridiculous! I nearly went back to our Guild main page to see if your affiliation had changed!

I have to agree with BB and dG, though. A little more effort in blanking out backgrounds always strengthens a post. While there isn't a need to add a cool border/BG to EVERY pic like the first one you posted, the viewer's eye is often distracted by "noisy" BG's like a carpet, table, other furniture, etc. I strongly suggest exploring backdrop options since this will be a judging criteria for the next challenge.

If I may offer a suggestion: I use Comic Book art boards (11" x 17") taped together from behind. They're low cost, available at any art supply store, and are extremely versatile. All that's required is to keep the pets/kids away from them to keep them clean!