Pandora

Summer Of Friends Building Contest

Attention other forums.

SCI-FI forum shall win category 3.

Bring it.

That is all.

Cheers,

Sci-fi forum.

But wait, surely Monster Fighters is in the Action Forum? Friends + Monster Fighters = Teh Win! Time to get Olivia out of her basement and kicking some Zombie butt, methinks.... :sweet:

Just a quick question, ladies and gents. Concerning Category B.

Can I use, say, my already existing custom minifig as part of the room? And I won't modify the bricks or the parts of the actual scene. Thank you!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I'm not an expert or anything, but I think when it says "Entries should be new and not have been posted anywhere previously." that would include the individual minifigures in the creation as well. Just my uneducated opinion, though.

But it could be considered a room I guess, would part of a department store be allowed as a room ? :wink:

Sure.

Can I use, say, my already existing custom minifig as part of the room? And I won't modify the bricks or the parts of the actual scene. Thank you!

If it's an all-LEGO figure, then you can use it in your entry.

[*]All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.

[*]Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.

Question regarding category 1:

"If there's no link to Friends or it's not a vehicle (we're thinking helicopters, trucks, motorbikes, boats)"

Would a mechanized walker of some sort qualify as a vehicle?

Or would this not qualify as it might be hard to link it to Friends?

Thanks

Great contest! In my opinion this shows that the Friends theme has arrived where it belongs. :classic:

Concerning "Category 1 - Vehicles" I would like to draw your attention to the

The group is more or less a subset of LegoMyMamma's very fine Friends Group which most of you will already know. In the more specific (and still rather small) vehicles group you might get a quick overview of some of the already existing Friends MOCs concerning this subject - or even some inspirations.

I'd be very glad to see the group growing in the course of the contest!

Many thanks and good luck all! :thumbup:

Oh I have some awesome ideas already cooking up for this contest....hahahaha AHAHAHA! :devil:

I was just wondering if my original question about fantasy beasts qualifying as vehicles for a friends medieval fantasy application was considered?

Having a friends figure riding a pink dragon or something wont really fit onto a 16x16 "remix" category.

So do vehicles have to be mechanical?

Thanks!

I was just wondering if my original question about fantasy beasts qualifying as vehicles for a friends medieval fantasy application was considered?

Having a friends figure riding a pink dragon or something wont really fit onto a 16x16 "remix" category.

So do vehicles have to be mechanical?

Thanks!

It is being considered. :wink:

It is being considered. :wink:

Thanks for the consideration!

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=71461

This was the MOC result :) Slightly larger than the 16x16 for the mixture category, and a medieval fantasy mount similar to many we have made in the past. So.. vehicle?... Well I look forward to hearing back from ya, for a verdict. Figured asking questions a with a month left in the contest would be best, and didn't to miss out on making a friends hybrid :D

Anyways lmk what you think, sorry for stretching rules, and i'll fix the name with the category after I get your thoughts.

Thanks!

Announcement!

After much consideration and discussion, the Town team have decided to ADD two further categories.

Firstly, the Cross-themes category (Category 3) is now split into two subsections.

The original 16x16 section remains(Category 3A), but we are adding a 32x32 section to allow for larger builds (Category 3B).

Secondly, we are adding an Animals Category:

Category 4 - Animals

A lot of the sets and themes for Friends revolves around animals; we've had puppy houses, pet patrols, a veterinary surgery, dog shows, stables... so many things. We'd like you to create something new. Suggestions include a kennels or cattery, a petting zoo or even a pet cemetery, but let your imagination run wild. This category is 16x16 and must be related to animals in some way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rules in the first post have been changed accordingly. This will not affect the prizes we have to give away (which, like all Town contests, will be revealed in due course!) but hopefully will increase people's creative freedom.

For clarity, I shall re-post the rules in full here:

There are FOUR categories to this contest:

Category 1 - Vehicles

The Friends line has introduced a number of vehicles, but we're greedy and we want to see moar! For this category all you have to do is build any type of Friends inspired vehicle of any size, as long as it is minidoll scale. If there's no link to Friends or it's not a vehicle (we're thinking helicopters, trucks, motorbikes, boats), it won't count, but aside from that, anything goes.

Category 2 - Rooms

We've seen a few of the girls' bedrooms, heck we saw a houseful of Friends rooms in Olivia's House, so why not add your own room? This could be anything from a bedroom for one of the other girls to a basement or garage, attic, sauna, you name it - as long as it would be considered a room in real life and there's some link to Friends, it's eligible. It has to be 16x16 studs and to have at least two walls, although these may be cut away to show us the details inside.

Category 3 - Cross-themes (3A = 16x16; 3B = 32x32)

This is our wildcard! We want Friends everywhere! The vast variety of new parts, newly coloured pieces and minidolls can be integrated with any other LEGO theme, so show us how it's done! Will you have Emma swashbuckling with Pirates? Or Stephanie joining the Avengers in Licensed? Or maybe Friends from Space in Sci Fi? Just pick any other LEGO theme, blend it with Friends, build a 16x16 scene, or a 32x32 scene, of it and post it in the relevant other forum!

Category 4 - Animals

A lot of the sets and themes for Friends revolves around animals; we've had puppy houses, pet patrols, a veterinary surgery, dog shows, stables... so many things. We'd like you to create something new. Suggestions include a kennels or cattery, a petting zoo or even a pet cemetery, but let your imagination run wild. This category is 16x16 and must be related to animals in some way.

**It is NOT compulsory to include the Friends Minidolls in ANY of the three building categories; there are plenty of other ways of building in the Friends style, so be creative!**

In addition to the rules above, we have some general rules:

• Entries must be posted by 23:59(GMT) August 31st 2012
  • One entry per member per category. Members may enter both categories 3A and 3B.
  • Entries should be new and not have been posted anywhere previously.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries for Categories 1, 2 and 4 should be posted in their own entry topic in the Town forum. The title of the topic should begin with "SoF:" and then give the name of the entry. The subtitle should state the category.
  • Entries for Category 3 only should be posted in the relevant other Eurobricks forum. The title of the topic should begin with "SoF:" and then give the name of the entry. The subtitle should state either Category 3A for 16x16 builds or Category 3B for 32x32 builds.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 5 posted pictures of 800x600 or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.
  • No photoshopping backgrounds or packaging.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

A further note on entry sizes:

Please note that with the exception of the Rooms Category, all dimensions quoted are maximum dimensions.

The entries in the Rooms Category should be 16x16 studs only, with a maximum of 1 stud overhang.

The bottom line: here at Eurobricks we want to encourage people's creativity, and so we're adding more opportunities for just that. :sweet:

Great idea for a themed month/season! I wonder who came up with it. :tongue:

Awesome contest as well! This is the excuse I've been waiting for to get the Pink Brick Box and some Friends sets. :sweet: The third category is right up my alley! :grin: I'm glad to see it has now been split into two subsections! The new animal category sounds fun too, as do the other two categories. I have lots of ideas already, so I'll try to enter them all! This will be a fun summer!

By the way, Pandora, you might want to update the following bit in the first post as well:

It is NOT compulsory to include the Friends Minidolls in ANY of the three building categories

Great idea for a themed month/season! I wonder who came with it. :tongue:

What would EB be without you? :hmpf::tongue:

Awesome contest as well! This is the excuse I've been waiting for to get the Pink Brick Box and some Friends sets. :sweet: The third category is right up my ally! :grin: I'm glad to see it has now been split into two subsections! The new animal category sounds fun too, as do the other two categories. I have lots of ideas already, so I'll try to enter them all! This will be a fun summer!

We're looking forward to what you will come up with. :sweet:

As staff, I can't enter reallly but I built a MOC. Take a looksee!

Ditto.

But pep had so much fun I had to do it too!

7519009978_91f339f818_z.jpg

Quick question - I have some Lego tiles with plank designs printed on them. Am I allowed to use these, the parts are available in the haunted house but I can't afford to buy the amount I need for my entry!?

I have painted some of my own tiles in this fashion too, are they allowed?

Cheers

Quick question - I have some Lego tiles with plank designs printed on them. Am I allowed to use these, the parts are available in the haunted house but I can't afford to buy the amount I need for my entry!?

I have painted some of my own tiles in this fashion too, are they allowed?

Cheers

A re-cap of the relevant rules:

• All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.

So if they are LEGO tiles, and your own decals, then this would fit with the rules.

A re-cap of the relevant rules:

So if they are LEGO tiles, and your own decals, then this would fit with the rules.

Oh I'll try and do some decals then :( I guess paint isn't allowed then as that old be classed as modifying, does this also EDIT*aplly* to friends figs in our scenes? Guess I will have to brick link some expensive parts too :)

Edited by Hammerstein NWC

No summer of Superheroes? :cry_sad:

I don't think I have any pink parts, So I'm sitting this one out :tongue:

Same here :tongue: ! Im not a fan of friends anyway :hmpf:

Awesome contest !! I will surely go for the animal category ....

but I got one question for Cat 2 / 3,

Previously, I built one Star Wars Collection Room for my Friends.

Will it be considered as Room in Cat2 or Cross-theme in Cat3 ?

I have sometime similar in mind for the next build.

Can't wait to see more cool Friends MOC !

Bring it on !

Previously, I built one Star Wars Collection Room for my Friends.

Will it be considered as Room in Cat2 or Cross-theme in Cat3 ?

I have sometime similar in mind for the next build.

That MOC is great! Why haven't you posted it here in the Eurobricks Town forum for everyone to see? :sing:

Unfortunately, because it's already been on flickr (since January, I see) it's not a valid entry, according to the rules:

• Entries should be new and not have been posted anywhere previously.

If you were to build something similar (for instance a Pirates Room for Stephanie instead) then you could choose whether to enter it for Category 2 - Rooms or Category 3A - Cross-themes, but not both. :classic:

I know for Lego for long time now, and I've been watching my boyfriend build for few years now, but he never told me that there are "girl" oriented Lego sets :) This is so great, much more interesting to me then swords and fighting :)

A (hopefully) quick question about catagory 1 (vehicles), can you include setting for you're vehicle? For example, if you were to do a train, could you put the train on a railroad? Or a highway with a bus? Thanks.