Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Astromech Workplace Contest: Droids Building Droids

The public demand for the most popular astromech droid has increased and

one of the factories try to keep pace with the fully automated assembly line manned by worker droids.

DroidsBuildingDroids-a00-002EB.jpg

Step-by-Step process

7539753356_7a282e52d1_c.jpg

And more pics...

DroidsBuildingDroids-a01-056EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a02-091EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a03-021EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a06-024EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a08-097EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a38-045EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a39-041EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a11-083EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a32-071EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a37-036EB.jpg

DroidsBuildingDroids-a07-066EB.jpg

WIP pics

Click on any pic for more details...

AC

Very nice indeed! It just really gives one the look and feel of a robotics workshop.

Looks (as usual) like it's gonna be awesome! The flex tubing you used is really great. I can't wait for more! :excited:

Added pics for the R2 unit carrier/holder.

Very nice indeed! It just really gives one the look and feel of a robotics workshop.

That's exactly what I wanted it to look like!

AC

Very nice so far, I can really image how they move around in the factory, better get working on my own entry now :wacko:

Looking great :thumbup: This is actually the same idea as I had for an astromech factory but I'm sure yours will be truly amazing compared to mine :laugh:

Can't wait to see it finished!

Very nice so far, I can really image how they move around in the factory, better get working on my own entry now :wacko:

There's a lot of time to build but yeah better get started!

Looking great :thumbup: This is actually the same idea as I had for an astromech factory but I'm sure yours will be truly amazing compared to mine :laugh:

Can't wait to see it finished!

The more the merrier! :grin:

AC

Added a new pic of another piece of the dio.

AC

Not giving others a chance to win eh? :grin:

Can't wait to see it completed!

Everybody has an equal chance of winning plus there's a lot of prizes. I'd like to finish this in the next week or so (ooops forgot I got a race this weekeend). Make that two weeks! :laugh:

AC

Very great(like always)! :wink:

But I thought, that there could be only one astromech minifigure... :sadnew:

Then I suggest rereading the rules - I do believe it says "at least one astromech" :tongue:

Then I suggest rereading the rules - I do believe it says "at least one astromech" :tongue:

Oh, sorry! I read th rules so quickly! :sweet:

Oh, sorry! I read th rules so quickly! :sweet:

Always good to follow KimT's advise! If you're unclear on any of them, be sure to post in the thread.

AC

PS. Another teaser pic added. :sweet:

This is great-looking so far, and I know that you'll pull it off fantastically when it's done! I love seeing how you've done some piece usage - it's great inspiration!

This is great-looking so far, and I know that you'll pull it off fantastically when it's done! I love seeing how you've done some piece usage - it's great inspiration!

Will probably finish the whole structure this weekend and then all remaining details/posing next week. Sometimes it's the simplest designs that work. :sweet:

How are you doing with your entry?

AC

How are you doing with your entry?

AC

Great! I love the final model, it's amazing! The detail and sheer size of this is astounding! Great, great job!

You sir, have won yourself a UCS R2-D2.

Enjoy it default_tong.gif

Seriously, this is just outstanding! This must have taken ages to build and lots of pieces too!

Good luck to you in the competition! default_classic.gif

Very nice, I love the production line, the plan comes together, I wish you the best of luck, my entry is almost finished but seing this I might just take a little more time :tongue:

To how many more people are you going to say that :laugh:

default_classic.gif

Will reserve judgement until all entries are in but by far the best entry so far

Awesome idea, beautiful execution, flawless presentation and at a substantial scale, there is really a lot going on here when you look close enough.

As per usual great work AC :thumbup:

Edited by Brickmamba

Great! I love the final model, it's amazing! The detail and sheer size of this is astounding! Great, great job!

It could've easily been bigger but kept it to the large baseplate with a stud or so overhang in a few places. If only I could've lighted up the bottom part, then the details inside would've been shown.

Enjoy it default_tong.gif

Seriously, this is just outstanding! This must have taken ages to build and lots of pieces too!

Good luck to you in the competition! default_classic.gif

Not so fast and nothing is guarranteed, I'm hoping like everybody else to be able to place. :sweet:

Very nice, I love the production line, the plan comes together, I wish you the best of luck, my entry is almost finished but seing this I might just take a little more time :tongue:

There's a lot of time left but I had to finish this earlier as I have a couple of projects to complete also by August. Good luck on your entry too.

Will reserve judgement until all entries are in but by far the best entry so far

Awesome idea, beautiful execution, flawless presentation and at a substantial scale, there is really a lot going on here when you look close enough.

As per usual great work AC :thumbup:

More detailed pics available at the site and tried to emulate the designs from actual factories/assembly lines for this.

AC

Im not sure, but if it was my choice, everyone who Ive said to should get one because theyre all amazing! default_satisfied.gif

And one to myself too, because its me. default_blink.gif

Im not sure, but if it was my choice, everyone who Ive said to should get one because theyre all amazing! default_satisfied.gif

And one to myself too, because its me. default_blink.gif

Unfortunately that's not gonna happen and it doesn't sound amusing anymore when you say it to everybody.

AC

Unfortunately that's not gonna happen and it doesn't sound amusing anymore when you say it to everybody.

AC

I have only said it to 2 people. default_sceptic.gif