Sign in to follow this  
jasbury

NCS: Cosmic Cruiser Redux!

My remake of the 6890 Cosmic Cruiser set from 1982.

Thanks ~ Lego Knight ~ for the background!

The Cosmic cruiser, although not the fastest starship in the federation, is a useful exploration and transportation vehicle. Its capable of low-altitude travel, and can deploy the pilot's seat as an X-5 Land speeder. As the Cosmic Cruiser is not primarily built for combat, it's equipped with only two front-tipped forward facing torpedo launchers. (I still haven't decided if the gadgets on the wing tips are weapons or antennas...)

7397606628_258961309c_c.jpg

The federation X-5 land speeder is great for space rides, enjoying the intergalactic scenery, or traveling throughout a star outpost. The federation discovered that if the back engine was switched off, they gave off a very low heat signature. Because of this, they made their first combat appearance on the raid on Spyrius IV deploying soldiers into enemy bases. They were also good for a fast getaway. Their biggest flaw, however, is that they can only fly for a limited time before needing to be charged while attached to the Cosmic Cruiser Federation Starship.

7397534608_e15dcf9169_c.jpg

7397475906_bb3183474c_c.jpg

Hope you like it! :alien:

My flickr!

You can find my blog at spacebricks.blogspot.com!

-Jasbury!

Edited by jasbury

Very nice. :thumbup:

Do you own the original as well? For a comparison pic?

I'd definitely planning a comparison pic, but haven't yet purchased it. Hopefully I can BL the set soon.

thanks!

Holy smokes!

That's brilliant. I love the studless wings. So pretty :cry_happy:

I really liked the flag shaping on the canopy - neat trick!

The arch/span in the wings are super cool... but have you considered adding something in there? like some white greeble or something? It looks like it could add a little something?

BTW it's Lego Knight ;)

Sweet MOCs! The engines on both are very nice :thumbup: And the cockpit design on the cosmic cruiser works great :classic:

Another great build :thumbup:

Could you post pics of the bottom side and pics showing how the speeder is attached, please?

Not a lot to see in the underside as the speeder hooks on in the inside. Might be able to post some underbelly pics later this week though.

Cheers,

Jasbury

Edited by jasbury